ADVERTISEMENT

Time for MICHIGAN

Wow, I actually completely forgot about Gomez at 149, it will be an extremely tight race for 2&3. We are getting stronger each week and our guys seem more focused then ever on scoring.
He’s looked really good this year. He dominated D’Emilio of tOSU. Michigan isn’t overusing him, he wrestles a really physical style and has been pretty beat up a lot of his career. If he’s healthy come March he can beat anyone at the weight.

I guess I am not all that worried about Michigan like you guys are. I have it 7-3 Hawks maybe even 8-2. 133 and 184 are all I am thinking we lose. Could lose 157 and 174 but I really like how PK looks right now. If Gabe goes and honestly I will be shocked if he does but give us a win at 184. I guess bottom line is I have no worries about Michigan. Nobody is talking about the team I am most worried about for 2nd… Call me crazy but I really like what I am seeing out of the Cowboys.

Umm, not sure who you mean, but Dylan Ragusin is Michigan’s current 133lber and is a top 5 ranked kid having a great year. I’m not sure if either Schriever or Teske can beat him, but either should keep it to a decision. Jaden Bullock is the Wolverines starting 184lber. Hes ranked anywhere from 14-18th. He’s coming off a crushing tech fall loss to tOSU’s unranked freshman Ryder Rogotske. Prior to that Bullock majored top 20 ranked Brian Soldano of Rutgers. I think Riggins will struggle with Bullock’s explosiveness. Gabe’s defense is so good, I think Bullock will wilt like he did vs Rogotske.
It had to do with your post about Gabe wrestling this weekend. I was being sarcastic.

I guess I am not all that worried about Michigan like you guys are. I have it 7-3 Hawks maybe even 8-2. 133 and 184 are all I am thinking we lose. Could lose 157 and 174 but I really like how PK looks right now. If Gabe goes and honestly I will be shocked if he does but give us a win at 184. I guess bottom line is I have no worries about Michigan. Nobody is talking about the team I am most worried about for 2nd… Call me crazy but I really like what I am seeing out of the Cowboys.
Agree.

Here is an un-asked for PSU opinion.

Most of Michigan's lineup didn't come to wrestle against PSU. Of course, Gomez didn't go. I think Iowa has looked really good in their last few duals. I'd expect Iowa to win the toss-ups and take this dual.

Also, Franek over Haines would not be that shocking at all. I have Haines as a slight favorite and think it will come down to one takedown.

Iowa-Michigan

125 - Ayala dec DeAugustino (3-0 Iowa)
133 - Ragusin dec Schriever (3-3)
141 - Woods dec Lemley (6-3 Iowa)
149 - Gomez major Rathjen (7-6 Michigan)
157 - Franek dec Lewan (9-7 Iowa)
165 - Caliendo dec Amine (12-7 Iowa)
174 - Griffith dec Kennedy (12-10 Iowa)
184 - Arnold dec Bullock (15-10 Iowa)
197 - Glazier major Striggow (19-10 Iowa)
285 - Davison dec Kueter (19-13 Iowa)

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Your team score is off 1. You have Glazier with a md but only gave the team 3 pts. So based on that it would be 18-18
Nice, thanks for catching that. I sorta feel better now, having actually called a tie rather than a loss…..kinda sorta….but I think it’s still a loss (on criteria) if Gomez is the only guy to get a fall. That would be a real kick in the 🌰🌰.

Moot point, of course, if Gabe goes as some are predicting.

Last edited:
Umm, not sure who you mean, but Dylan Ragusin is Michigan’s current 133lber and is a top 5 ranked kid having a great year. I’m not sure if either Schriever or Teske can beat him, but either should keep it to a decision. Jaden Bullock is the Wolverines starting 184lber. Hes ranked anywhere from 14-18th. He’s coming off a crushing tech fall loss to tOSU’s unranked freshman Ryder Rogotske. Prior to that Bullock majored top 20 ranked Brian Soldano of Rutgers. I think Riggins will struggle with Bullock’s explosiveness. Gabe’s defense is so good, I think Bullock will wilt like he did vs Rogotske.
He was absolutely manhandled by the true freshman. I think Riggins could keep it to a decision and Gabe could definitely beat him

Michigan is dangerous. They have solid AA contenders at 125, 133, 157, 165, and Hwt. They have potential finalists at 149 and 174. I’ll take a healthy Michigan team over Cornell and Mizzu. I’ve got it going

1- PSU
2- Iowa
3- Michigan
4- Missouri
5- Cornell
Going to be a battle! One slip by a stud could hurt a team big time this year.

He was absolutely manhandled by the true freshman. I think Riggins could keep it to a decision and Gabe could definitely beat him
Bullock was out of his game after the Rogotzke forearm/elbow club to the back of his head/neck early in that match. Don’t know how much it was mental vs physical ailment, but he is better than what he showed thereafter. Besides the notable win socal referenced, Bullock also gave Truax a hard time.

I do agree Gabe would take him. Toss-up on whether Riggins could hold to a regular vs major decision.

Reactions: goldenanimal
Almost certainly Schreiver gives up the first takedown and Ragusin rides him out but he is game and may make a match of it by the third. I have no confidence in Teske under a pressure situation at Michigan. Give Teske the next match against his former team and see if he has some personal drive to beat them.

Caleb will need to wrestle defensively but aggressive like Turk did. If he keeps it close, gives him a shot at the end. Cant believe Im promoting this type of wrestling but some guys are just so good and dangerous.

IMO, Drake could have issues with Hairball. Hairball likes to counter defense on his feet. He funky and wins a lot of scrambles. He's tough on top. This could be a real test for Drake.

IMO, Drake could have issues with Hairball. Hairball likes to counter defense on his feet. He funky and wins a lot of scrambles. He's tough on top. This could be a real test for Drake.
They've wrestled before. It was a tight match.

• Love
Reactions: Sharky1203
They've wrestled before. It was a tight match.

IMHO Drake has separated himself from DeAugustino. DeAugustino is the same wrestler he was 2 years ago. Really good scrambler, with counter offensive abilities, but lacks any real self initiated offense. Drake is much improved from where he was as a true freshman. He looks to be physically stronger and more efficient with his finishes. That 3 point TD rule really helps a guy like Drake. With his high powered offense bonus isn’t out of the question for Drake.

I will be extremely disappointed if Drake doesn't handle DeAugustino. He beat him two years ago in a tight match when DeAugustino was better and Drake was a skinny freshman wrestling with an injury. He needs to get after it and separate himself.

Give me PK over Griffith
I think they might be close against the field, but I have a hard time seeing PK winning hth. I think Griffith's length and defense is going to be a nightmare for PK's finishing.

My prediction is PK is on his legs several times and gets snaked on one of them to lose a close one.

Reactions: Rotisserie Scrotz
my pick is pk wins 7-2. 2 tds and a stall point. no need to pick bottom in this one if he can get a 1st period td

Reactions: AFHawk86
Michigan will be fine next year. Ragusin, Cannon, Amine all come back, they have Beau-Man and Joel Adams which should both be AA probables. They will need a 197 and a big man which they will portal no problem. Don't sleep on their young guns. Especially Joel Adams that kid is a winner.

Michigan will be fine next year. Ragusin, Cannon, Amine all come back, they have Beau-Man and Joel Adams which should both be AA probables. They will need a 197 and a big man which they will portal no problem. Don't sleep on their young guns. Especially Joel Adams that kid is a winner.
I noticed Adams hasn't been on their roster this year, is he taking a year off? They have some really solid recruits coming in, too. Brock Mantanona is really solid. Interesting to see where everyone ends up weight-wise

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT