ADVERTISEMENT

Time for MICHIGAN

I noticed Adams hasn't been on their roster this year, is he taking a year off? They have some really solid recruits coming in, too. Brock Mantanona is really solid. Interesting to see where everyone ends up weight-wise
Correct, he is training greco full time this year at CKWC for Paris. Kid is going to be trouble at 149/157 next year. Big trouble.

Reactions: funnyfletcher
Correct, he is training greco full time this year at CKWC for Paris. Kid is going to be trouble at 149/157 next year. Big trouble.
Adams is from Millard South in Omaha which is where I live. I have followed him and he is very good. He will have some success in folkstyle but I don’t see him coming in and being AA his first year. He was ranked 9th at 145 last year and 35th best overall recruit. He is better at Greco. He was the U17 Greco World Champion in 2022 but lost his first match at U20 Greco Worlds last year.

Michigan will be fine next year. Ragusin, Cannon, Amine all come back, they have Beau-Man and Joel Adams which should both be AA probables. They will need a 197 and a big man which they will portal no problem. Don't sleep on their young guns. Especially Joel Adams that kid is a winner.
Adams is more of a greco guy and has had gas tank issues at times. I'm not sold on him being top end out of the gate.

Adams is more of a greco guy and has had gas tank issues at times. I'm not sold on him being top end out of the gate.
I am very familiar with Joel and will stand by my AA prediction for next NCAA season. He is already elite and has a very high ceiling. We'll see, but I am a believer; call it the eye test but when you see it you know it. When is the last folk loss he's taken just curious....?

I am very familiar with Joel and will stand by my AA prediction for next NCAA season. He is already elite and has a very high ceiling. We'll see, but I am a believer; call it the eye test but when you see it you know it. When is the last folk loss he's taken just curious....?

Unless you're a heavweight... you can't do both and be good at folk.

Didn't have a good super 32 the fall after his Greco title

Lost to Weston Dalton in the quarters
Lost to Cooper Haase in the consi-semis

Wet 4-3 at Elite Duals the fall after his Greco title

Joel Adams of POWA went 4-3​

• 145 - Cross Wasilewski (Team Carnage) over Joel Adams (POWA) Dec 3-2
  • 145 - Weston Dalton (Black Mambas) over Joel Adams (POWA) Dec 5-3
  • 145 - Colin Dupill (Combat Athletics) over Joel Adams (POWA) Dec 3-2
  • 145 - Joel Adams (POWA) over Nick Kunstek (Dynasty) Dec 6-4
  • 145 - Joel Adams (POWA) over Dom Hoffarth (Arsenal) Fall 1:25
  • 145 - Joel Adams (POWA) over Devin Alexander (Team Empire) Dec 9-5
  • 145 - Joel Adams (POWA) over Dylan Gilcher (Minion Legends) Dec 5-3

Unless you're a heavweight... you can't do both and be good at folk.

Didn't have a good super 32 the fall after his Greco title

Lost to Weston Dalton in the quarters
Lost to Cooper Haase in the consi-semis

Wet 4-3 at Elite Duals the fall after his Greco title

Joel Adams of POWA went 4-3​

• 145 - Cross Wasilewski (Team Carnage) over Joel Adams (POWA) Dec 3-2
  • 145 - Weston Dalton (Black Mambas) over Joel Adams (POWA) Dec 5-3
  • 145 - Colin Dupill (Combat Athletics) over Joel Adams (POWA) Dec 3-2
  • 145 - Joel Adams (POWA) over Nick Kunstek (Dynasty) Dec 6-4
  • 145 - Joel Adams (POWA) over Dom Hoffarth (Arsenal) Fall 1:25
  • 145 - Joel Adams (POWA) over Devin Alexander (Team Empire) Dec 9-5
  • 145 - Joel Adams (POWA) over Dylan Gilcher (Minion Legends) Dec 5-3
Im guessing he is related to Joel or a close friend. Maybe from the same hometown. I wouldn't say he is Elite yet.

Reactions: vhsalum
Im guessing he is related to Joel or a close friend. Maybe from the same hometown. I wouldn't say he is Elite yet.

Let me just say. I wish the Hawks had recruited Joel. He's a super athlete with a great feel. But I also think he needs to pick. If he picked folk/free? Yeah, I'd agree with him being a potential true frosh AA. But he didn't and he's spending his spending his redshirt year rubbing tiddies. He ain't gonna be ready to AA next year.

I love greco as a sport, but hate watching it and hate the lack of US success even more. Joel needs to stick with Greco and bring the Stars and Bars some hardware.

On paper the dual is 5 match wins a piece.
I think Ice Man has the best chance for bonus points TF? If Woods gets on his offense with two TD and a 4 pt. turn for a major, it would sure help. The dual could very well come down to PK vs. Griffith? Hill has been wrestling well as of late and Davison showed last week he’s beatable.
Ayala, Franek and Caliendo have to win. If we give up 1 bonus point, Hawks 18-17.

Who else made the trip not listed as a starter?

Last edited:
Lots of bonus potential out there.
Drake could MD
Schriever could get majored
Woods could MD
Gomez could MD
Caliendo could MD if it’s montanona
Riggins could get majored
Glaizer could MD
Davison could MD.

I still got PK with the upset. This should be a really fun dual.

I think Ice Man has the best chance for bonus points TF? If Woods gets on his offense with two TD and a 4 pt. turn for a major, it would sure help. The dual could very well come down to PK vs. Griffith? Hill has been wrestling well as of late and Davison showed last week he’s beatable.
Ayala, Franek and Caliendo have to win. If we give up 1 bonus point, Hawks 18-17.

What you said is right. Rathjen not giving up bonus is huge. Woods needs to major this true freshman. I bet the week off will help with that. And if Kueter has a Big Ten gas tank - he should go.

125 - Ayala dec DeAugustino (3-0)

We can't write this one off as a sure W yet. DeAugustino has looked good as of late and is getting to legs off his underhook.

133 - Ragusin dec Schriever (3-3)

141 - Woods major Lemley (7-3 Hawks)

149 - Gomez major Rathjen (7-7)

157 - Franek dec Lewan (10-7 Hawks)

165 - Caliendo dec Amine (13-7 Hawks)

amine doesn't look quite right. Will have to worry about NCAA Amine though. Could also see Mantanona - and that will be high scoring

174 - Griffith dec Kennedy (13-10 Hawks)

Kenned can win this if he doesn't give up the early takedown

184 - Bullock dec Riggins (13-13)

Need this to be a decision Riggins!!!

197 - Glazier major Rogers/Striggow (17-13 Hawks)

285 - Davison dec Hill (17-16 Hawks)

Got to wrestle Gomez tough and tight throughout the match. It could frustrate him by keeping it tight and then you never know. I originally thought VV would be best for this but not sure. Caleb can wrestle an aggressive tight match too.

Got to wrestle Gomez tough and tight throughout the match. It could frustrate him by keeping it tight and then you never know. I originally thought VV would be best for this but not sure. Caleb can wrestle an aggressive tight match too.
He certainly held his own against #1 Ridge. I don't see him getting majored.

Reactions: sdvike

Flo has Keuter going at hwy and Teske at 133 for whatever that is worth. I think IF keuter is getting the better of hill regularly in practice then he should get this match as a gauge to pull the shirt or not.

That is NOT accurate comparison. Gomez is far better on his feet with a bigger bag of tricks that don't rely on scrambling/being on top.

Rathjen is a hard hand-fighter - not exactly a recipe for NOT getting majored by gomez.
"Hard hand fighter" is exactly what you do on your feet to avoid "a bigger bag of tricks".

Rathjen expects the big move and counters for his own big move. Pulls the upset of the night! Well we can hope right 🤷🏼‍♂️
From your mouth to God's ears. Prayers up

85 South Praying GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards

Reactions: Muscles1989
He certainly held his own against #1 Ridge. I don't see him getting majored.
I think Gomez is a much bigger threat to get a major than Lovett, He’ll be more aggressive getting to under hooks than Lovett was.
Rathjen did a good job of staying out of under hooks against Lovett by having inside position from the left side of collar ties and stiff arming out. He’ll have to have it again and generate more offense or get dinged for stalling from an aggressive ref.

I don't understand how the coaches can even stand their guys. I just wouldn't ever start Lewan. points be damned. I ain't watching that.
I get the tight , controlled matches when people are evenly matched. It can be exciting but Lewan is awful for such a good wrestler.

Reactions: vhsalum
Let me just say. I wish the Hawks had recruited Joel. He's a super athlete with a great feel. But I also think he needs to pick. If he picked folk/free? Yeah, I'd agree with him being a potential true frosh AA. But he didn't and he's spending his spending his redshirt year rubbing tiddies. He ain't gonna be ready to AA next year.

I love greco as a sport, but hate watching it and hate the lack of US success even more. Joel needs to stick with Greco and bring the Stars and Bars some hardware.
Say whah?

Flo has Keuter going at hwy and Teske at 133 for whatever that is worth. I think IF keuter is getting the better of hill regularly in practice then he should get this match as a gauge to pull the shirt or not.
If he’s winning in the room, pull it! We need a seasoned guy next year and who knows what’ll happen in the next 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT