ADVERTISEMENT

UNI Open

I would say he looks great! He doesn't seem to favor the knee. Moved well. Giant brace like Marinelli has however. He is clearly a very confident young man. You can see it on his face! Animal..:D
I'm sure the braces aren't very fun to wear but thought Spencer and the Bull both moved very well with them. Neither seemed to favor their 'bad legs' at all at any point, and both attacked with confidence.

And just to be fair, we'll only count the NF he's awarded, not the 4 NF he has in pocket when he goes to pin them.

Reactions: Dagboi
I'm sure the braces aren't very fun to wear but thought Spencer and the Bull both moved very well with them. Neither seemed to favor their 'bad legs' at all at any point, and both attacked with confidence.
Agreed. They both looked great!

Rudy Yates walking off the mat just now: "You kidding me? I only got one stall call? G-d damn!"
Yeah i caught that.. :eek:

Oh, that's Corbin. He wrestles for us, didn't recognize him at first! Still, gigantic.

Yeah Warner's opponent is a very filled out 97. Warner with a TD! Almost cradle

So does the performance of the Hawkeyes today quiet the "pull the shirts" folks? We know Lee is a title contender if healthy, but still gotta wonder if his knee is 100%, so why pull his shirt unless you go all-in with Murin and Warner. These guys have tremendous talent and potential. but pretty obvious from today's results that Murin and Warner need the redshirt season.

Murin got dominated by Martin (Topher Carton majored Martin twice last season). Murin needs a year to mature and grow into a strong 141, and the Martin match shows he needs a lot of work on getting out from the bottom like 99% of true freshmen. Turk has struggled, so they gave Happel a shot, and he didn't really do anything significantly better than Turk. Not much difference between Turk, Happel, and Murin right now, so no reason to pull Murin's shirt.

Warner beat Woodley 5-2 earlier this year, but lost to him today 5-4. Don't know much about Woodley, but it appears he's the 3rd best 197 on Oklahoma's team. 197 is filled with Seniors, so it makes most sense to keep the shirt on Warner so he gets bigger and stronger and the weight empties out. Wilke is having a good season so far, so replacing him with Warner wouldn't be much of an improvement, if any. With a year to mature, Warner should start next season with a high ranking and be in position to contend for a title for four years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT