ADVERTISEMENT

Walsh Ironman

Little Willie is not all that bad, certainly he is more credible then that fool Meneno. I did give him a chance to show he is a standup guy which he unfortunately ignored (smart on his behalf) and I can’t believe Im defending him, but atleast he comes on here and gives explanations to his madness.
At the end of the day he is a wrestling guy and puts himself out here for scrutiny, so there is that.

put down the pipes, dorks. if you think i make picks to ruffle this board's feathers, you're high.

i also picked Deluca. I also like Mr. Ferrari which, i cannot say about mr. sealy. and i also had a nice conversation w/ Angelo at the tournament. so all of your theories are silly.

There were several reasons why I wasn't sure how Angelo would compete. and let's not have revisionist history here - this was one of the best brackets ever. so don't act like it was a lay up.

Angelo hadn't competed often. I thought making 165 second day could be tough. and i thought Henckel could slow him down or be a tough matchup. (i had henckel over birden).

my picks were wrong. that i'll own. but it's bs to say i made them for ulterior motives.
Of course you picked Deluca. As you had to let everyone know in the Leo Deluca thread that you “love … the parents”.

Reactions: el dub
I honestly live amongst the WORST of HOMERS and PSU fans who have never stepped on a wrestling mat their entire life...but they saw Bo Nickal at the Sheetz last week so they have an inside track to EVERYTHING PSU WRESTLING has to offer... and I have to say.." I really don't mind Smalls... he seems to have reasons for his actions and he does know wrestling, so i give him credit for that...... BUTTTTTTT I wouldn't put his word about Carl and PSU in the bank as i do detect some favoritism in his posts... but then again I am blinded by the Black and Gold so who knows?

I must of missed why people dislike willie but his reasoning seems about right....... We need people in the wrestling world speaking high of Iowa and its fan base yet this board attack's someone with a pretty big reach.. (even if you want to lie to yourself and think he doesn't.

Gabe Arnold seems to actually know him and like him... That's good enough for me.

i have Angelo currently 3 in P4P for all class.

i think i'm going to move Duke from #1 to #3. the rationale being that although he had a couple losses, he competed way more often than Merrill or Angelo. with Duke being injured, that's not so much the case now.

i had Angelo 7th on SR Big Board largely b/c i didn't quite know what to make of him (again b/c of limited competition.)

but i think he moves at least into Top 3. arguably the #1.
3 p4p all class, picked 4th at Ironman. Checks out.

I must of missed why people dislike willie but his reasoning seems about right....... We need people in the wrestling world speaking high of Iowa and its fan base yet this board attack's someone with a pretty big reach.. (even if you want to lie to yourself and think he doesn't.

Gabe Arnold seems to actually know him and like him... That's good enough for me.
"This Board" does not attack him - some of the posters do. Don't do what Willie often does and use an all encompassing type phrase.

Angelo was asked after ironman finals what weight he would be next year and he said he didn’t know. Either 74 or 84.

3 p4p all class, picked 4th at Ironman. Checks out.
Im not gonna lie, when I saw that Angelo was down at 165 and then I saw the bracket, I got a bit nervous. He didn’t look small at WNO competing at 170. Making 165 the second day had to be rough. He had some close matches and had to dig deep. Winning that bracket was quite a feat, and definitely a feather in the proverbial cap.

Reactions: Hawkgma
Call me crazy but I think we’re being a bit hard on @smalls103 here. First of all this 165 bracket was loaded with 4-6 studs. Secondly, smalls mentions Angelo cutting weight and that he had day two concerns regarding his gas tank. Lastly, that’s reasonable based on Angelo’s lack of activity wrestling in national competitions. His predictions were wrong but it wasn’t outlandish. It’s difficult to accurately project someone that doesn’t compete as much as the others in that bracket. If smalls is guilty of anything it may be recency bias.

Either way I’d like Willies impression of this board and in a broader sense our fan base to be positive. Simply because biases do exist, subconscious or otherwise, and he does talk to recruits. There’s a fine line between passion and insanity. The wrestling community is a small one, the number of good boards are limited, and like it or not smalls is a know commodity in this sport.
I honesty don’t get the knocks on smalls. Guy is passionate about wrestling and weighs in on some of the threats posted here. I appreciate his insight. He knows way more about wrestling and rankings than I will ever know.

He’s good for wrestling.

Im not gonna lie, when I saw that Angelo was down at 165 and then I saw the bracket, I got a bit nervous. He didn’t look small at WNO competing at 170. Making 165 the second day had to be rough. He had some close matches and had to dig deep. Winning that bracket was quite a feat, and definitely a feather in the proverbial cap.
Beating a stud like Sealy 2 times in a row has to be tough, especially with cutting weight and Sealy having plenty of time to game plan for you this time. Sealy was much more cautious this time, which I figured he would be, because was eaten alive by Angelo’s re-attacks last time. Also, I agreed with the announcers who said there were a handful of guys in the bracket that looked bigger than Angelo, and Lockett looked a weight class smaller than most of the bracket.

Reactions: so cal hawkfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT