ADVERTISEMENT

Women's tournament thread

I hate ISU as much as the next guy, but it's obvious to me that the officials gave Stanford a multitude of calls that were questionable, at best.

Veteran coaches given the benefit of the doubt at every turn.

Reactions: NI hawk
Amazingly lucky shooting by Stanford and a lot of uncalled hacking, like literal tomahawk chops in the paint and body checks on ISU ball handlers. Home whistle big time at the end of this game. If ISU hadn't kept force feeding Crooks when the whistle was clearly being swallowed, they probably would've won in regulation.
They did exactly that and she missed two layups and got got continually stuffed other times down the stretch.

They should've shot the three at the end to win it with about 3 seconds left to get a potential put back if they missed. Just sad they blew any reasonable opportunity they had at the end of regulation and OT

Reactions: shudaddy
Crooks is so incredibly slow to shoot once she receives the ball.

The fact that she can't jump just makes it worse.

90% of ISU'S regular season games will never expose that weakness. In the past season, it's a killer.

Reactions: shudaddy
A Colorado and a Baylor gal each reacted very strongly to foul calls yesterday we're basically told by the ref to shut up and had to be ushered to the bench by coaches. It happens. I don't like the look but I understand their frustrations. The reffing is atrocious and needs to improve
Exactly my point. We are outraged when players who are emotionally involved in the game act out, but don't have the same standards for fans in attendance. They can say and do whatever they want. The same ISU fans who are mad about what Brink said, yell the same stuff from the stands. I'm just annoyed at all the fans out there criticizing these females reactions in games - and acting like they as fans or the men's game is any better.

Iowa State fans thought it was awesome one of their fans who looked like Jim Carey did a crying face to the Kansas bench. I was embarrassed for the guy. What if Caitlin did the crying face to a bench - they good with that? That guy was 50 years old and the athletes are 18-22 years old.

Last edited:
A Colorado and a Baylor gal each reacted very strongly to foul calls yesterday we're basically told by the ref to shut up and had to be ushered to the bench by coaches. It happens. I don't like the look but I understand their frustrations. The reffing is atrocious and needs to improve
I don’t think a foul has been committed yet in the tourney that wasn’t a mis-call or poor decision by tge refs… :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4IUSox2

I think the NCAA needs to step in and tell these players (including CC) to get back to playing basketball and leave the ref's alone.

Last edited:
Exactly my point. We are outraged when players who are emotionally involved in the game act out, but don't have the same standards for fans in attendance. They can say and do whatever they want. The same ISU fans who are mad about what Brink said, yell the same stuff from the stands. I'm just annoyed at all the fans out there criticizing these females reactions in games - and acting like they as fans or the men's game is any better.

Iowa State fans thought it was awesome one of their fans who looked like Jim Carey did a crying face to the Kansas bench. I was embarrassed for the guy. What if Caitlin did the crying face to a bench - they good with that? That guy was 50 years old and the athletes are 18-22 years old.

There is a difference between a player doing it and a fan. The player is representing the university and the NCAA, while the fan just represents himself.

I’m proven right again, dipsh!t! Crooks plays some posts with a pulse & lays a huge turd shooting 3-21. She also got WORKED on D giving up 41 pts/16 boards….to their 2nd best post!

You’re the joke of this entire board & have proven many times you don’t know sh!t about b-ball. Maybe you’d be a better fit over on the Clown board.

It’s funny, I looked at this box score and I thought well I know one dope on a messageboard that’s gonna think he’s exonerated by one game… Nothing left to talk about you’ve kind of proved what a bozo you are.

Reactions: littlez
There is a difference between a player doing it and a fan. The player is representing the university and the NCAA, while the fan just represents himself.

That’s how it’s supposed to be but how many times have we pretended like all fan bases are the same?

Congrats on the solid moral victory tonight…..I know those are big with you Clown fans!

Sorry that your hero Crooks choked so bad against real posts tonight….3-21 in case u didn’t see the box score. 🤡

Wow as I thought…you’re just bitter. Yuck, bad look. Glad you aren’t in my social circle.

I hate ISU as much as the next guy, but it's obvious to me that the officials gave Stanford a multitude of calls that were questionable, at best.

I'm not reading through this whole thread but I can't tell if the refs are just grossly incompetent or biased. Watching the Colorado/KSU game yesterday, when the KSU girl elbowed the Colorado girl in the head, and they called a foul on the Colorado girl, I was like what in the actual f*ck? Then they reviewed it, gave the KSU girl a flagrant 1, but then maintained the foul against Colorado. I didn't have a dog in the fight but I was incensed by the ineptitude. These calls happen all the time, every game. It reminds me of the godforsaken refs for the 2006 Outback Bowl:

ya twice now within the last few possessions.

Terrible night per se….but, here is what dumb fans like @shudaddy although in this case he’s just petty and jealous…

Point being, they were so committed to stopping her, Brinks fouled out and Ryan & Brown had 54 points between them.

Playing at Stanford a team that’s spent the entire season in the top 10 and were 13.5 favored on their home court….

Someone would look at that and say I guess she still impacted the game.

Jealously and pettiness and just mean spirited is a bad look right @shudaddy 😂😂😂

How did she do against real posts tonight, LittleD?! Let me answer for you….laid a huge egg at 3-21 & gave up 40+ to a secondary post. WOOF!! 😂 🤡

Yeah Audi crooks, the only person to ever have an off game and yet her presence alone made it easier for the rest of the team to stay in the game against the 13.5 favorite…

But @shudaddy is so bitter about ISU all he can do is fixate on her weight and again she’s the only person ever to have a bad game…. Except in this case, Cameron Brink, all American all everything center was so infatuated with stopping her she fouled so much she only played 22 minutes had eight points and eight rebounds….

Again another example of a player that appears ineffective actually playing a significant role in the game.

But our friend is too daft to see that ….LOL

It’s funny really what people miss when they get committed to being right….eh @littlez ?

Crooks is so incredibly slow to shoot once she receives the ball.

The fact that she can't jump just makes it worse.

90% of ISU'S regular season games will never expose that weakness. In the past season, it's a killer.

Just last nite…🤷‍♂️

Hmmm, and yet here's Iowa a top 5 ranked team most of the last 2 years, and the B1G's winningest coach in history and we get shit calls all the time. I have to question your statement....

Seems to me nearly 90% of all jump ball calls should be a foul on the player reaching in for the ball. When did this sort of thing become the acceptable normal? The rules keep getting stretched.
This X 10000. They call a shit ton of jumps. Its clear the refs don't want to actually make a call, so anytime two players hands even graze the ball its a jump. Totally ridiculous...

It’s funny, I looked at this box score and I thought well I know one dope on a messageboard that’s gonna think he’s exonerated by one game… Nothing left to talk about you’ve kind of proved what a bozo you are.
Exact opposite, turd……you & your fellow idiot @LittleD watched one game & mistakenly thought she’s a superstar! She’s a decent player but outside of her massive girth, has a limited skill set. Against adequate posts like Stanford has, she can’t simply back them on O & is a defensive liability when she has to defend away from the basket.

Just curious…..how many times do I have to completely own your sorry a$$ before you realize you are completely clueless about b-ball?!

Exact opposite, turd……you & your fellow idiot @LittleD watched one game & mistakenly thought she’s a superstar! She’s a decent player but outside of her massive girth, has a limited skill set. Against adequate posts like Stanford has, she can’t simply back them on O & is a defensive liability when she has to defend away from the basket.

Just curious…..how many times do I have to completely own your sorry a$$ before you realize you are completely clueless about b-ball?!

Probably watched her play 5 to 8 times this year. I would imagine Littles did too… I don’t imagine you’d find a whole lotta people backing you on this petty scenario you’re in.

She played against a top five pick & neutralized her, that’s a win friend. In fact, based on body language alone, she infuriated her greatly….

That’s impact….🤷‍♂️ sorry about your pettiness and inability to see reality.

Hmmm, and yet here's Iowa a top 5 ranked team most of the last 2 years, and the B1G's winningest coach in history and we get shit calls all the time. I have to question your statement....
I'm more referring to HCs like Auriemma, Mulvey, Van de veer, etc.

Wow as I thought…you’re just bitter. Yuck, bad look. Glad you aren’t in my social circle.
I’m glad also…..it’s painful enough having to deal with u on this board. Your 3 imaginary friends & boytoy LittleD must be really fed up!

Yeah Audi crooks, the only person to ever have an off game and yet her presence alone made it easier for the rest of the team to stay in the game against the 13.5 favorite…

But @shudaddy is so bitter about ISU all he can do is fixate on her weight and again she’s the only person ever to have a bad game…. Except in this case, Cameron Brink, all American all everything center was so infatuated with stopping her she fouled so much she only played 22 minutes had eight points and eight rebounds….

Again another example of a player that appears ineffective actually playing a significant role in the game.

But our friend is too daft to see that ….LOL

It’s funny really what people miss when they get committed to being right….eh @littlez ?
Crooks didn’t keep them in that game……Ryan & Brown did. All she did is miss 18 bunnies & give up a 40-piece to their secondary post!!

What’s even funnier is when some dumb$$ doubles down on being wrong! 😂 🤡

So the Big 12 was the 4th highest rated conference in women's bball this year. Ahead of the Big Ten which was 5th. And Crooks was somehow selected 1st team all conference. As a Freshman! She must no have played against any adequate post players in the Big 12! Lol. She had a rough game last night, no doubt about it. The height difference clearly affected her. Does she need to get more athletic? Sure. Did she have a great season for a Freshman? She sure did. Now go crack some more fat jokes you moron.

Reactions: cmhawks99
So the Big 12 was the 4th highest rated conference in women's bball this year. Ahead of the Big Ten which was 5th. And Crooks was somehow selected 1st team all conference. As a Freshman! She must no have played against any adequate post players in the Big 12! Lol. She had a rough game last night, no doubt about it. The height difference clearly affected her. Does she need to get more athletic? Sure. Did she have a great season for a Freshman? She sure did. Now go crack some more fat jokes you moron.
Agreed.....she had a really rough game last night, got completely worked by Stanford's slightly taller 2nd post option, & needs to lay off the hot dogs to help her get more athletic. (snuck in the fat joke you asked for.....you're welcome!!)

• Haha
Reactions: cmhawks99
I’m glad also…..it’s painful enough having to deal with u on this board. Your 3 imaginary friends & boytoy LittleD must be really fed up!

Crooks didn’t keep them in that game……Ryan & Brown did. All she did is miss 18 bunnies & give up a 40-piece to their secondary post!!

What’s even funnier is when some dumb$$ doubles down on being wrong! 😂 🤡

I’d suggest you start a poll. I don’t think you’re gonna find a lot of support on this board for poking fun at girls weight. There’s also some pretty savvy fans on here that understand how a game works….

No one Disputes Cameron Brinks is an all American center, and Audi crooks neutralized her. More ways to impact the game than scoring.

I suspect you know this, and are trying to explain it away… But this is the last time I’m commenting to you. Any basketball fan in the world would look at that and say geez she had a bit of an off night, however, two of our other players had a career night, and she fouled out, one of the best players in the game just by her sheer presence …

That’s impactful….😂

Last edited:

He is too stupid to realize who plays for Kansas St.

Reactions: littlez
Gonna be interesting if Fennelly can keep all the freshmen together for three years.

He's pretty abrasive and is well known for publicly humiliating players during a game from time to time.

And Brian Joens' daughter barely sees the court. I'm sure that goes over well!

What is Tennessee wearing for jerseys today? Baby blue with orange numbers/trim

I'm more referring to HCs like Auriemma, Mulvey, Van de veer, etc.
So your cutoff is 3? I think Bluder is the 5th winningest active coach, AND we have the two time NPOTY. Should count for something?
Yeah, I can’t believe she’s a #2 projected WNBA player?!?
I'll just this. I watched a few times and not been overly impressed, yet. She was one of three players ranked above Clark as high schoolers, and she's been an AA throughout college up for many of the awards Cc is. SO she must be a pretty darn good player. As to her outburst, I'm not going to condemn her without some context. When she fouled out, she probably thought that was her last game in college. Stanford has probably been the biggest under achiever in the post season the last two years Knocked out in the same round last year as a 1 seed. Lost the Pac12 championship game this year to USC as the favorite, and then last nights mess. Probably pretty frustrating considering all these players put in to the game. The other thing is, that we have a snap shot of her dropping the F bomb or whatever. Do we know what preceded that? Did someone on ISU's bench wave her byebye off the floor like Reese did that girl this weekend? Were there words earlier with the other team? We all know that often its the 2nd player that gets caught, or captured returning a gesture or words. Just sayin....

Reactions: Sandistar
I will say I have watched a bunch of women basketball the past 24-48 hours and 2 things stand out to me.
- need an officials cleaning out or intense referee schools. They are not good.
- there is some great talent in the womens game and these games getting to the sweet 16 are intense and well played.

Impressed w the players…..officials not so much. They will cost someone a game. Hope it’s not us.

Yes he is on fire. Desperate for support. Not getting much however.
I know, right?! I need to create an alt ID so I can talk to myself like you….but I’m too lazy to set up another account, sign in & out, come up with witty things to say to myself, etc.

Props to you though for making the effort! 👊

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT