ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes Iowa Guards

Auger

HR All-American
Sep 14, 2007
The Iowa guards shot 4 for 19 tonight against Michigan and 0 for 9 at 3. I don't think our guards are that bad against Michigan's guards but it's pretty clear there is enough of a gap in quality to matter.

The Iowa guards shot 4 for 19 tonight against Michigan and 0 for 9 at 3. I don't think our guards are that bad against Michigan's guards but it's pretty clear there is enough of a gap in quality to matter.

Lol. All this shows is that Iowa came out stone cold. I suspected this might happen with how well Iowa shot the ball against the Illini, invariably if a team shoots lights out in one game then the next game they usually struggle. I suspect Michigan will have a off shooting night against Minnesota now since they shot so well against Iowa.

Reactions: jimbob22
It wasn't so much how poorly they shot it was how afraid a lot of them played tonight that stood out.

It wasn't so much how poorly they shot it was how afraid a lot of them played tonight that stood out.

They just don’t show up in Big games. You see them vs the bottom feeders, but vs the top 5 in the Big Ten they are non-factors. I hope we get paired in the tournament w/Duke, UNC, or Virgina. Those teams will show Fran what guard play looks like. What we have works vs bottom feeders, but not against the elite teams.

I remember playing pick up ball at the field house and Rodell Davis showed up and lucky me got to "guard" him. First trip down he put a spin move on me that left me standing there. Next trip down he about broke both my ankles with a cross over. 3rd trip I got to read NIKE on the bottom of his shoes as he dunked on me. Point being me trying to guard him is about like Iowa's guards trying to guard every team's guards we play. When you have no prayer of staying in front of your guy in hoops bad things happen.

Reactions: SLarew
I remember playing pick up ball at the field house and Rodell Davis showed up and lucky me got to "guard" him. First trip down he put a spin move on me that left me standing there. Next trip down he about broke both my ankles with a cross over. 3rd trip I got to read NIKE on the bottom of his shoes as he dunked on me. Point being me trying to guard him is about like Iowa's guards trying to guard every team's guards we play. When you have no prayer of staying in front of your guy in hoops bad things happen.

Does he have a year of eligibility left?

Lol. All this shows is that Iowa came out stone cold. I suspected this might happen with how well Iowa shot the ball against the Illini, invariably if a team shoots lights out in one game then the next game they usually struggle. I suspect Michigan will have a off shooting night against Minnesota now since they shot so well against Iowa.
Want to bet the house on it?

JBo, Moss and CMac were 3-14 in Iowa’s 15 point win vs Michigan.

What was Weiskamp?

Iowa beat MICH in Iowa City because MICH struggled to shoot it and got into foul trouble early in Iowa City.

The exact opposite happened last night and credit MICH. They are a good team when their shots fall. If their not making 3’s the struggle.

It doesn’t work that way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT