ADVERTISEMENT

You really think Connor and Weiskamp are going to fix this?

Why do I have a hunch we wouldn't be seeing a lot of these posts if Wieskamp wasn't white and Connor had a different last name?

CM and JW will be nice additions to this team, but they will not be top tier Big Ten Talent until their Junior/Senior years.

Add them to this current team and what you have is some nice post players and good shooters. But no true PG or athletic wings to help this team. This team will not be better defensively adding those two. Also we are still considered a young team next year because majority of our players will be again underclassmen.

I just do not see it for Iowa, unless they get a legit PG. Right now CM & JBO are not the answer and won't be ever.

Why do I have a hunch we wouldn't be seeing a lot of these posts if Wieskamp wasn't white and Connor had a different last name?

My issue with Connor has nothing to do with his last name and everything to do with he is not the answer at PG. You can tell me you have seen him play 50 times, that does not change the fact he is not close to being athletic enough to do what this team needs a PG to do. Can he contribute as a 1, 2, or 3? I certainly hope so, but this will hinge on his athleticism, not his last name.

As far as Weiskamp, people like you think he is somehow going to resurrect Iowa basketball. There is no way Weiskamp or any other individual player makes this team any better given their deficiencies. If that isn't crystal clear to you at this point, then I am not sure what type of apocalyptic event will provide you with 20-20 vision on the state of Iowa basketball.

I believe we will be a lot better next year. Our 1-2 & 3 positions are weak. We will add Connor at the 1, Fredrick at the 2 and Weiskamp at the 3. B1G champions? Nope but more competitive and complete than this year with a better balance. Cook (If back) will improve as will Garza. Nunge has some good skills but can't play the 3. Wags, Moss, Dailey & Brady need to see spot minutes.

My issue with Connor has nothing to do with his last name and everything to do with he is not the answer at PG. You can tell me you have seen him play 50 times, that does not change the fact he is not close to being athletic enough to do what this team needs a PG to do. Can he contribute as a 1, 2, or 3? I certainly hope so, but this will hinge on his athleticism, not his last name.

As far as Weiskamp, people like you think he is somehow going to resurrect Iowa basketball. There is no way Weiskamp or any other individual player makes this team any better given their deficiencies. If that isn't crystal clear to you at this point, then I am not sure what type of apocalyptic event will provide you with 20-20 vision on the state of Iowa basketball.
How do you know this?

No doubt! All the other pieces are in place.

giphy.gif

There is 0 chance adding Connor, Weiskamp and Frederick make this team any better. Athletically, these guys add nothing to a team that gets abused at all spots on the floor. You have Cook, Bohannon, and Garza to work with. The rest of the team is simply not good. Purdue could sit their starters and beat Iowa easily.

Wow, that shows a real lack of knowledge....way off base.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT