ADVERTISEMENT

You're From Freakin Iowa

fifteenandoh

All-Conference
Jul 30, 2016
Freakin, Iowa
what's wrong with saying you think your team will go 15-0 and win both the Big Ten Championship and National Championship?

we were 12-0 last season... our only 2 losses were to Power 5 Conference Champions...

we return nearly everybody and of the guys we lost... only one was Drafted in something like the 8th round... I don't remember...

but there is no reason to think anybody in the West will be better than the Iowa Hawkeyes...

I expect Michigan State to return to the Big Ten Championship Game... they've won 3 of the last 7 Big Ten Titles...

Ohio State lost a lot of people and its that time for Bourbon Meyer's Castle to crumble.

Michigan is not better than Iowa... they have fewer players in the NFL than Iowa... they average 7.5 wins the last 4 seasons..... they would not have won 10 games last season if it were not for Iowa's Quarterback.... Iowa has beaten Michigan 4 of the last 5 times they met...

Greg Davis had 9 straight 10+ seasons with Texas.... he is clearly one of the best, if not thee best, play callers in the game of football

CJ Beathard is a 1st Round Quarterback... possibly #1 Overall..

this Iowa Hawkeye team is loaded up and down its roster....

I don't doubt there will be close games... I don't doubt that at all...
but I wouldn't be surprised if we blow the poop out of a lot of teams.

this season might be the single greatest Iowa Hawkeye Football season ever....
and we got clowns saying we are going to lose 3 or 4 games....

lose to who?.... I mean... come on !..... you're from freakin Iowa

---------------------

Reporter: "The national media.... Should this story die?"

Alford: "You're from freaking Iowa, why are you asking that?"

why are Iowa Hawkeye Reporters so eager to carry the National Narrative?
what's wrong with getting the fan base excited for this upcoming season?

Players in the NFL, nothing to do with this upcoming season.
Wins against Michigan, pre Harbaugh.
OSU lost alot, check out what they reload with.
Davis record at Texas, please look at the talent that was there.
I'm from freakin' Iowa also a realist without rose colored glasses on.
Let the season play out.

I agree with a lot of this. Iowa will be good. Ohio State will also be good. I'm not going to sit here and act like Urban Meyer can't recruit.

It would be nice if we could say all of this without a slight hesitancy, but "that's football" also applies. I agree with most of what he said, I believe it could happen, I just don't want to be "Nebraska" cocky.

I agree with most of what you said. Most people believe only about 5 programs can ever be considered for a National Championship. The Hawks absolutely have the inside track this year to win the West and take an even better team to the championship game than they did last year. Hopefully the naysayers will help them keep a chip on their shoulders. They can't afford to take a week off like Bama does every year!

I like our chances!

Reactions: fifteenandoh
I'll bet there are plenty of other fans that think their teams will go 15-0 as well.
For most it's unrealistic, including Hawk fans. But everybody is a fan in their own way.

Reactions: Freyvet
How many games did Ohio State lose last season? One. How many did they lose the year before that when they won the national title? One. This whole Ohio State is slipping nonsense is insanely idiotic. Until proven otherwise, Ohio State is a threat to win the B1G every year!

As far as Iowa running the table and going 15-0 is concerned, while I admire the enthusiasm, I have a better chance of dating Lolo Jones than Iowa does of winning the national championship.

How many games did Ohio State lose last season? One. How many did they lose the year before that when they won the national title? One. This whole Ohio State is slipping nonsense is insanely idiotic. Until proven otherwise, Ohio State is a threat to win the B1G every year!

As far as Iowa running the table and going 15-0 is concerned, while I admire the enthusiasm, I have a better chance of dating Lolo Jones than Iowa does of winning the national championship.
I actually have her number if you wanna try!

fifteenandoh.......you old coke whore you! I like your post and if we get some breaks this year and stay relatively injury free, we could make it to the playoffs. I like your positive outlook.

Then again, a couple bed bounces and a key injury or 2 and we could be in for a 7 to 9 win season. I think we can absorb most injuries other than CJB. We just do not know how Wiegers would perform.

:p:p:p
fifteenandoh.......you old coke whore you! I like your post and if we get some breaks this year and stay relatively injury free, we could make it to the playoffs. I like your positive outlook.

Then again, a couple bed bounces and a key injury or 2 and we could be in for a 7 to 9 win season. I think we can absorb most injuries other than CJB. We just do not know how Wiegers would perform.
Bed bounces are the worst! I've almost given myself a concussion a time or two! Needless to say there was cola and a couple workin ladies involved!

Reactions: IaHawk41
what's wrong with saying you think your team will go 15-0 and win both the Big Ten Championship and National Championship?

we were 12-0 last season... our only 2 losses were to Power 5 Conference Champions...

we return nearly everybody and of the guys we lost... only one was Drafted in something like the 8th round... I don't remember...

but there is no reason to think anybody in the West will be better than the Iowa Hawkeyes...

I expect Michigan State to return to the Big Ten Championship Game... they've won 3 of the last 7 Big Ten Titles...

Ohio State lost a lot of people and its that time for Bourbon Meyer's Castle to crumble.

Michigan is not better than Iowa... they have fewer players in the NFL than Iowa... they average 7.5 wins the last 4 seasons..... they would not have won 10 games last season if it were not for Iowa's Quarterback.... Iowa has beaten Michigan 4 of the last 5 times they met...

Greg Davis had 9 straight 10+ seasons with Texas.... he is clearly one of the best, if not thee best, play callers in the game of football

---------------------

The problem with Iowa is that it's Iowa. What hot college stud football player is going to choose to go there over other more robust locations? When Iowa DID have a group that could excite fans, they choked in the big games. Poor Beathard had to run the whole offense. With one more season to go, its not much to build a great second miracle year on guys.

It's college football. Iowa, with a few breaks, and good health, could make the play-offs this year. We were 1 play away last year, and this team could be better than last years. We are also a few key injuries and bad bounces away from being middle of the pack. 15-0 is a possibility but so is 8-5.

After watching how last season ended, I don't understand how anyone can seriously think Iowa could win a national championship. We don't have the horses to win that race boys.

This. We're 0-4 in our last four bowl games. It's unrealistic expectations like this thread that cause idiots to call for coaches to be fired on a 2 or 3 loss season.

It's college football. Iowa, with a few breaks, and good health, could make the play-offs this year. We were 1 play away last year, and this team could be better than last years. We are also a few key injuries and bad bounces away from being middle of the pack. 15-0 is a possibility but so is 8-5.

0-12 is a possibility...
but looking back at last season... we had our best defensive lineman injured, Drew Ott...
did you know Drew Ott had 5 sacks and 3 forced fumbles in the 6 games he played?

phenomenal numbers.

but Nate Meier was also injured for a time.... Ben Niemann was injured...
we had Offensive Lineman injured.... Tevaun Smith injured... all of our running backs were injured at some point.... and our quarterback played injured...

yet we were 12-0.

we have over 30 players in the NFL right now... so... we do have the horses.
we have a play caller, Greg Davis, who has proven he can win the big games

so yah.. anything is possible... including a Big Ten Championship.
my point is... I don't think there is anything wrong with getting the fan base excited...
something Iowa beat writers seem diametrically opposed to.

and that is something that I find very odd.

Last edited:
Correction, we HAD the horses. Those guys are in the NFL now. They will have just as big of an impact on the outcome of the games this year as I do.

that's true.... you are absolutely 100% correct.... no doubt about it.

but I suspect we might have a few guys on this years roster who will eventually be in the NFL.

the point I was making there is that we have proven to produce the horses...
the University of Iowa is a horse making machine, imo, turning jackasses into thoroughbred stud horses.

I remember when I was a child.... we used to make fun of other children acting like cowards....
nowadays people glory in those acting with abject cowardice.

---------------------

Its not that I disagree with you, but holy cow....lets pump the brakes a little bit and

---------------------

Yikes, lets pump the breaks a bit here. Although I anticipate a great season, there are so many things that can happen through the course of the year.

Its not that I disagree with you, but holy cow....lets pump the brakes a little bit and

Yikes, lets pump the breaks a bit here. Although I anticipate a great season, there are so many things that can happen through the course of the year.

of course... we could go 0-12...
but... just as there exists a possibility for absolute failure...
so also exists the possibility for absolute success.

If we had won the B1G championship, we would have gotten curb stomped by Alabama. If you disagree you're delusional.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT