ADVERTISEMENT

Youtube tv question

DooBi

HR Legend
Sep 18, 2006
We are getting rid of mediacom and signed up for YT TV. We set up our library shows. The first show we watched had no commercials. The second show we watched had commercials that we couldn't fast forward through.

What's the deal? Part of the reason I want to record shows is so I can fast forward through the commercials. Why did one show have them and one didnt?

We are getting rid of mediacom and signed up for YT TV. We set up our library shows. The first show we watched had no commercials. The second show we watched had commercials that we couldn't fast forward through.

What's the deal? Part of the reason I want to record shows is so I can fast forward through the commercials. Why did one show have them and one didnt?

Recorded Shows (DVR)

Once you've recorded a show using the YouTube TV cloud DVR feature, you can fast-forward through commericals (effectively skipping them). While this depends on the specific network or program, it's effective in many cases.

Keep in mind that some networks might replace recorded commercials with video on-demand ads that might not be skippable.

Some of the networks or shows directly contract that skipping commercials is disabled. It’s a bunch of crap.

Reactions: Tom Paris
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT