ADVERTISEMENT

“Chicken McNuggets are designed to be eaten, not to be pressed against the thigh of a 4-year-old girl for two minutes"

You think the pizza is 300 degrees when it gets delivered?
I don’t know. I’ve had more than one I’ve tracked from the oven to my house in less than 5 minutes that were piping f!cking hot. Hot enough to blister the roof of my mouth upon contact.

I don’t know. I’ve had more than one I’ve tracked from the oven to my house in less than 5 minutes that were piping f!cking hot. Hot enough to blister the roof of my mouth upon contact.
CdPLz_1UYAE_0fe.jpg

Reactions: Tenacious E
More ignorance about the McDonald’s coffee incident on display. Idiots eating up corporate propaganda

This is why my kids aren’t allowed to have food in my car. That and they’re slobs judging by the condition of my wife’s car.

What is the solution if McDonald’s is really at fault as the jury says? Serve cold food? Have warning signs up everywhere stating their food is fully cooked and may be hot? Signed waivers by every customer acknowledging that the food they are receiving is hot? Having an employee chaperone every customer while they eat?

This is food being cooked to a standard temperature as required by our government. And then being given to an adult. A knowledgeable parent always warns their kids that their food is going to be hot when they give it to them and to not touch it for a bit so that it can cool off. Heck I still do that for my kids probably once a week and my youngest is 8.

I honestly think the court and jury should be required to give the exact solution that McDonald’s can follow in the future to not be at fault if they are doing everything in food preparation and safety correctly by law. Otherwise no restaurant serving hot food can be in business anymore when they are liable for the actions of “unreasonable customers”.

DXP: Ultimate Pizza Delivery Vehicle​

The 2016 DXP vehicle was designed and built with a purpose: perfect pizza delivery. When you check out the interior, you’ll see sizeable compartments designed to stabilize pizzas and secure drinks and sides. There’s also a built-in warming oven that stays at a cozy 140 degrees to keep your pizza the perfect temperature from our store to your home.

The pizza isn't 300 degrees.

Reactions: jasonrann
This is why my kids aren’t allowed to have food in my car. That and they’re slobs judging by the condition of my wife’s car.

There's also the chance that they choke on the food and you don't realize it or can't help them in time.

DXP: Ultimate Pizza Delivery Vehicle​

The 2016 DXP vehicle was designed and built with a purpose: perfect pizza delivery. When you check out the interior, you’ll see sizeable compartments designed to stabilize pizzas and secure drinks and sides. There’s also a built-in warming oven that stays at a cozy 140 degrees to keep your pizza the perfect temperature from our store to your home.

The pizza isn't 300 degrees.

My point was not that it was warmed to 300, only that it might not have cooled down yet from temps in the oven. Probably not 300. But hotter than staying warm.

How hot was the last pizza you had delivered? If it was from a chain with a thermal transport container it was at least 200, probably 250ish, maybe 300, when they handed you the box. What’s the difference between pizza and nuggets?
Pizza (English: /ˈpiːtsə/ PEET-sə, Italian: [ˈpittsa], Neapolitan: [ˈpittsə]) is a dish of Italian origin consisting of a usually round, flat base of leavened wheat-based dough topped with tomatoes, cheese, and often various other ingredients (such as various types of sausage, anchovies, mushrooms, onions, olives, vegetables, meat, ham, etc.), which is then baked at a high temperature, traditionally in a wood-fired oven.

A chicken nugget is a food product consisting of a small piece of deboned chicken meat that is breaded or battered, then deep-fried or baked. Invented in the 1950s, chicken nuggets have become a very popular fast food restaurant item, as well as widely sold frozen for home use.

Pizza (English: /ˈpiːtsə/ PEET-sə, Italian: [ˈpittsa], Neapolitan: [ˈpittsə]) is a dish of Italian origin consisting of a usually round, flat base of leavened wheat-based dough topped with tomatoes, cheese, and often various other ingredients (such as various types of sausage, anchovies, mushrooms, onions, olives, vegetables, meat, ham, etc.), which is then baked at a high temperature, traditionally in a wood-fired oven.

A chicken nugget is a food product consisting of a small piece of deboned chicken meat that is breaded or battered, then deep-fried or baked. Invented in the 1950s, chicken nuggets have become a very popular fast food restaurant item, as well as widely sold frozen for home use.

giphy.webp

The problem with jurors is they're stupid.

As for the yahoos claiming the coffee suit was justified, customers expect to receive hot coffee.
Didn’t that old lady get severe burns? I remember seeing pictures where her skin was removed…. very disturbing. Also, I’m pretty sure that McDs had received complaints about it before then.

Why would you simp so hard for McDs when it’s so obvious they were negligent in that case?

Any chance it was originally a light burn and it got infected because of neglect? Open bloody burn seems like a little more than 2nd degree. Is third degree when the body part falls off?

I can’t recall ever getting super hot chicken nuggets. McDonald’s is now so inefficient in their processes I am shocked they could cook, package, and deliver that fast. Most nuggets come out of a warmer. “Warm” is the key word, they don’t come out hot.

I agree with another post. The coffee from years ago was beyond hot so there were asking for it. I also know McDonald’s food scientists also had the coffee made hotter with the idea it would cool to ideal temperature after poured into cup and an acceptable/calculated time period before consumption.

Last edited:
Any chance it was originally a light burn and it got infected because of neglect?

I can’t recall ever getting super hot chicken nuggets. McDonald’s is now so inefficient in their processes I am shocked they could cook, package, and deliver that fast. Most nuggets come out of a warm. “Warm” is the key word, they don’t come out hot.

Hadn’t followed the story, still having trouble figuring out how quickly they must have gone from fryer into the bag to be hot enough to burn. The warmer McDonald’s uses isn’t warm enough on its own I’d have thought.

Just two more examples of how stupid Americans are in this world.

If the nugget was so hot, the child would be crying to the point she was in pain and the mother would have removed the nugget immediately, not four minutes later. Hell, she should have checked the temp of the food in the first place to make sure the food wasn’t too hot before giving to the child. Terrible parenting.

Throw in the jury for awarding $800,000 to the plaintiffs in a money grabbing attempt which should have failed but was successful. Plaintiffs probably saw the McDonald’s coffee being too hot judgement and decided to give it a try in suing McDonalds by using her child. How sad is that?

Ok I have so many questions for both sides on this.

For McDonalds I want to know how a chicken nugget of normal cooked temp can cause 2nd degree burns. Stoves and ovens cause 2nd and 3rd degree burns. Food usually doesn't. First degree at most.

For the mother. . . how is it that the girl is screaming in pain for 2 minutes and you have a freaking recording of her screaming in pain but you couldn't find the time to investigate what was going on. If my kids are screaming in pain the last thing I'm thinking is that I should get my phone out and record this.

Just two more examples of how stupid Americans are in this world.

If the nugget was so hot, the child would be crying to the point she was in pain and the mother would have removed the nugget immediately, not four minutes later. Hell, she should have checked the temp of the food in the first place to make sure the food wasn’t too hot before giving to the child. Terrible parenting.

Throw in the jury for awarding $800,000 to the plaintiffs in a money grabbing attempt which should have failed but was successful. Plaintiffs probably saw the McDonald’s coffee being too hot judgement and decided to give it a try in suing McDonalds by using her child. How sad is that?

The issue in the coffee case and potentially the issue here is if they were excessively hot. In the coffee case they showed that McDonalds served their coffee at temps WAY above what most other establishments served them at.

To me I'm thinking a nugget hot enough to cause 2nd degree burns was probably also excessively hot.

Reactions: torbee

For McDonalds I want to know how a chicken nugget of normal cooked temp can cause 2nd degree burns. Stoves and ovens cause 2nd and 3rd degree burns. Food usually doesn't. First degree at most.

For the mother. . . how is it that the girl is screaming in pain for 2 minutes and you have a freaking recording of her screaming in pain but you couldn't find the time to investigate what was going on. If my kids are screaming in pain the last thing I'm thinking is that I should get my phone out and record this.
I just want to know what shape it was, my money is on boot

Yeah I don't understand how the parents haven't been charged for neglect/abuse for this. Didn't check food temp before giving to child. Failed to immediatetly assist screaming child.

The issue in the coffee case and potentially the issue here is if they were excessively hot. In the coffee case they showed that McDonalds served their coffee at temps WAY above what most other establishments served them at.

To me I'm thinking a nugget hot enough to cause 2nd degree burns was probably also excessively hot.
This is what the defense expert testified to.

Odds she took nuggets home and nuked them and burned her own child on purpose?

Busting out the Oliver Stone starter kit here on a Thursday morning.

Hadn’t followed the story, still having trouble figuring out how quickly they must have gone from fryer into the bag to be hot enough to burn. The warmer McDonald’s uses isn’t warm enough on its own I’d have thought.
I remember reading that the woman had ordered several servings of McNuggets, something like 30 total nuggets. So I’m guessing they were straight out of the fryer.

My biggest problem with the whole things is that the mother handed the nuggets to the child, not McDonalds. If it was too hot, the mother should have felt that when passing it to the child. McDonalds' liability should end when the food left the mother's hands, or the mother should have been charged with child endangerment as well.

My biggest problem with the whole things is that the mother handed the nuggets to the child, not McDonalds. If it was too hot, the mother should have felt that when passing it to the child. McDonalds' liability should end when the food left the mother's hands, or the mother should have been charged with child endangerment as well.
Again, you do not have anyway to know whether the packaging prevented her from feeling how hot the nuggets were.

It is quite likely they were scalding hot nuggets inside a box inside a bag that was handed into the backseat. Hypothetical - would it have been the mom’s fault if a McDonald’s employee put fentanyl in a bag and handed it to the mom who handed into the backseat to a kid? Are customers now responsible for inspecting all containers and bags from drive thrus before handing them to a third party in their vehicle?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT