ADVERTISEMENT

“Confused.” “Frail.” “Dementia.” Democratic-leaning voters less likely to choose Biden after debate, Survey by Bill Clinton pollster finds

Some interesting notes:

374 Democratic-leaning registered voters were part of the survey, which was spearheaded by former Bill Clinton pollster Stan Greenberg. They were asked to complete a questionnaire right before and after the debate to compare shifts in sentiment, in addition to dial tests during the debate. But Biden’s repeated stumbles didn’t immediately push these voters toward rival Donald Trump — who participants recalled as being more composed, though they acknowledged Trump gave more evasive, misleading answers to questions.

Overall, Biden lost 6 points to Trump among voters surveyed after the debate (Biden's lead went from 30% to 24%).

Before the Debate (30% margin): 65%-35%, Biden, in a head-to-head matchup with Trump

After the Debate (24% margin): 62%-38%, Biden, in a head-to-head matchup with Trump

The president’s cognitive and physical fitness left more of an impression on respondents than anything else, according to the survey,

• Love
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
Biden prepared for over a week. He did at least 2 full length, 90 minute mock debates with a Trump stand in. His handlers had him ready to go.

And he lost ground.

Because whoever has been scheduling the ridiculously late sports games must have scheduled that damn debate.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Biden prepared for over a week. He did at least 2 full length, 90 minute mock debates with a Trump stand in. His handlers had him ready to go.

And he lost ground.
I understand that. But for Trump to face an opponent who looks like he should be in a nursing home, I would have expected a far more dramatic polling shift. To me it speaks of how weak Trump actually is. His opponent looks near dead yet he is still neck and neck with him. Pretty clear any promises of making America great again have zero chance of happening. Trump's not beating China or Russia or anyone else. He's not even beating Biden right now.

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
I understand that. But for Trump to face an opponent who looks like he should be in a nursing home, I would have expected a far more dramatic polling shift. To me it speaks of how weak Trump actually is. His opponent looks near dead yet he is still neck and neck with him. Pretty clear any promises of making America great again have zero chance of happening. Trump's not beating China or Russia or anyone else. He's not even beating Biden right now.
Links??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT