ADVERTISEMENT

“I’ll have a beer with anybody on here…”

This past week marked 4 years without a drop of alcohol. I'm approaching 5 if you toss out two one night slips about 4 months apart during first year of giving up the sauce starting June 2019. However, a few brands have some pretty good near beer these days and those hop waters ain't nothing to sneeze at. There's a very good brand of zero proof tequila downtown HyVee carries but it's always sold out and it makes the best tequila gimlet sodas. So if anyone wants to hang at a place that serves either NA Guinness or NA Corona or O'Douls AMBER (must be amber) or has good mocktails I'm down. Ironically, the only people I won't share near beer with are white Baptists and Calvinists

This past week marked 4 years without a drop of alcohol. I'm approaching 5 if you toss out two one night slips about 4 months apart during first year of giving up the sauce starting June 2019. However, a few brands have some pretty good near beer these days and those hop waters ain't nothing to sneeze at. There's a very good brand of zero proof tequila downtown HyVee carries but it's always sold out and it makes the best tequila gimlet sodas. So if anyone wants to hang at a place that serves either NA Guinness or NA Corona or O'Douls AMBER (must be amber) or has good mocktails I'm down. Ironically, the only people I won't share near beer with are white Baptists and Calvinists
It’s all good.
I mostly have a bottled water all the time and only on a rare occasion will I have a beer flavored water otherwise known as a Michelob Ultra.
I think people will be so busy checking each other out they won’t notice,

Reactions: lucas80
Newsflash: it gets colder than a “witch’s tit in a brass bra” in Tallahassee and there’s a brief episode with snow every year.
They’ll live.
I admit it’s unlikely they’ll break a sweat while stopping your offense - is that what you meant?
Please please please if this ever happens have the game in late November. At Night. Brief episode of cold. Your witches and our witches are definitely not from the same hemisphere😉

Please please please if this ever happens have the game in late November. At Night. Brief episode of cold. Your witches and our witches are definitely not from the same hemisphere😉
Even transplants are shocked by the cold in the Panhandle of NoFla. It’s the damp bone chilling feel off the Gulf that gets to you.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Hop waters?

Continue Season 9 GIF by The Office

Hop waters?

Continue Season 9 GIF by The Office
Zero calorie hop seltzers basically. Honestly if you had one of these before you ever had a beer and acquired the taste for beer/alcohol, you would like these better. This is the big brand but a lot of brewers have come out with versions:

Zero calorie hop seltzers basically. Honestly if you had one of these before you ever had a beer and acquired the taste for beer/alcohol, you would like these better. This is the big brand but a lot of brewers have come out with versions:

I may live under a rock but I have never heard of these, but I guess I have never searched for anything either. I will definitely try them out.

Reactions: ConvenientParking
If there’s ever a tailgate involving HROT I suspect we’d spend a lot of time being shocked at what people look like in real life and several awkward moments. Once the group has eleventy seven beers we’d probably have a great time.
Right before FSU kicked Iowa’s ass on the field. 😬🏈
When Iowa plays USC/UCLA or if FSU comes here I'll gladly meet up and have a few. Hell, may even wear a Nole shirt if I'm feeling spicy.

Reactions: billanole
That used to be said all the time on here by most HORTers when the hypothetical came up. What say you today?
I would have a beer with 90% of the posters. Those on my ignore list (probably like 3 different people with 30 handles) I would not. I can get past politics but not Russian trolls and racists.

Pretty much everyone except the multi handle posters. Those trogs can get bent.
This. I'm equally informative and entertaining in person as I am on HORT. But, hard pass on the people who churn through handles. I suspect most of them aren't good with alcohol, and would get tedious fast.

I parley “Smoky the Dope”, tho it has been years. I would break the streak just to watch it all happen.

I can't because I have self control issues when it comes to alcohol.

I would smoke a weed with anyone here though, but you have to take a hit so I know you aren't a cop.
We will smoke in Illinois or Missouri, so even if you are a cop, ain’t no thang

Reactions: Moral
If there’s ever a tailgate involving HROT I suspect we’d spend a lot of time being shocked at what people look like in real life and several awkward moments. Once the group has eleventy seven beers we’d probably have a great time.
Right before FSU kicked Iowa’s ass on the field. 😬🏈
Shut your bitch whore mouth on game outcome.
You were good until then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT