ADVERTISEMENT

“Pro-life” Florida law prevents couple from aborting baby who will suffocate to death within moments of birth.

How’s doing something about school bullying coming along there teacher Tom? I bet you “lol” every time a student kills themselves because of bullying too. Did you and the others have a good chuckle about the recent one?

How’s doing something about school bullying coming along there teacher Tom? I bet you “lol” every time a student kills themselves because of bullying too. Did you and the others have a good chuckle about the recent one?
What does this have to due with a fetus that will die upon birth? Is your religion why you are pro-choice?

Reactions: Tom Paris
I wasn’t talking to you. Why do you keep bringing up religion? Do you need religion to know that killing a baby is wrong?
Your definition of baby isn't the norm. It's a fetus. Usually it's the religious on this board that go overboard on abortion.

What does this have to due with a fetus that will die upon birth? Is your religion why you are pro-choice?
so in your eyes it is better to barbarically murder the fetus under excruciating pain, rather than allow it to die naturally

• Haha
0_MSR_MAI_151021erin_01.jpg

that doesn't look like a fetus to me

• Haha
no but it is a 24 week gestational age baby, the same as in the article
Most evidence says fetuses can't feel pain until 27 weeks. Also, this would mostly be a case for lethal injection. Usually is in these cases and you know that. Always going to the extreme.

Most evidence says fetuses can't feel pain until 27 weeks. Also, this would mostly be a case for lethal injection. Usually is in these cases and you know that. Always going to the extreme.
not true on both accounts, most abortions after 20 weeks are done by D&C, and studies have shown that the ability of the fetus to feel pain can not be ruled out scientifically after 12 weeks gestation

That moment is not categorical, fetal development is continuous and not an event, and we recognise that some evidence points towards an immediate and unreflective pain not being possible until later.47 Nevertheless, we no longer view fetal pain (as a core, immediate, sensation) in a gestational window of 12–24 weeks as impossible based on the neuroscience.

not true on both accounts, most abortions after 20 weeks are done by D&C, and studies have shown that the ability of the fetus to feel pain can not be ruled out scientifically after 12 weeks gestation

That moment is not categorical, fetal development is continuous and not an event, and we recognise that some evidence points towards an immediate and unreflective pain not being possible until later.47 Nevertheless, we no longer view fetal pain (as a core, immediate, sensation) in a gestational window of 12–24 weeks as impossible based on the neuroscience.

https://www.acog.org/advocacy/facts-are-important/gestational-development-capacity-for-pain

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1635748/

Can that baby in the picture feel pain? Do you know how they do a lethal injection?

Can that baby in the picture feel pain? Do you know how they do a lethal injection?

Yes. Through the "heart".

I know you are evangelical so this goes this will go no place.

Yes. Through the "heart".

I know you are evangelical so this goes this will go no place.
So why can't the 24 week fetus not feel pain? Apparently you have no morals so this will go no place

• Haha
Nope. I have zero problem with religion. I have a problem with those that push their religious "values" on others.
and by values you mean not wanting a fetus/baby to endure pain and suffering and then be killed as opposed to happily endorsing it. Those values?

• Haha
Saw this on Reddit:

"So let me understand.. we don’t want to terminate the pregnancy early because it’s a human life. If we do though, it will never know any suffering, and if we don’t it will live a short painful period while it dies immediately after leaving the only thing keeping it alive so that it can fully traumatize the people left alive? I forget what biblical commandments we’re talking about."

Saw this on Reddit:

"So let me understand.. we don’t want to terminate the pregnancy early because it’s a human life. If we do though, it will never know any suffering, and if we don’t it will live a short painful period while it dies immediately after leaving the only thing keeping it alive so that it can fully traumatize the people left alive? I forget what biblical commandments we’re talking about."
Again, I don’t know how to make this any clearer for you. The baby does not have to be born, only to die shortly after. The parents have the option of terminating the pregnancy surgically at 37 weeks.

Again, I don’t know how to make this any clearer for you. The baby does not have to be born, only to die shortly after. The parents have the option of terminating the pregnancy surgically at 37 weeks.
Full term is 36 weeks. The law seems to require 37 weeks before termination. It's an option in name only.

STFU, idiot.

Full term is 36 weeks. The law seems to require 37 weeks before termination. It's an option in name only.
It’s not an option “in name only.” It’s an option, period. It says right in the OP’s link that the hospital is willing to terminate the pregnancy in her 37th week.

It is a blatant lie for you to continue insisting that the state is forcing her to give birth.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Gotta love 2 time Trump voters questioning the morals of others. MAGA is truly oblivious to irony.

It’s not an option “in name only.” It’s an option, period. It says right in the OP’s link that the hospital is willing to terminate the pregnancy in her 37th week.

It is a blatant lie for you to continue insisting that the state is forcing her to give birth.
36 weeks (full term) is less than 37 weeks (state minimum to abort). Do you not get how math works? This is not a real option. For you to keep pretending it is is dishonest.

Ummm....if she gives birth before 37 weeks, then what what would you call it?

So, the parents and the doctors already know at 24 weeks this going to end badly, there doesn’t seem to be any question on this point…but we still have to force the mother to carry a doomed pregnancy for 3 more months, have to suffer trauma, guilt about this all the while, before they can do anything about it?

So, the parents and the doctors already know at 24 weeks this going to end badly, there doesn’t seem to be any question on this point…but we still have to force the mother to carry a doomed pregnancy for 3 more months, have to suffer trauma, guilt about this all the while, before they can do anything about it?

Welcome to MAGA Florida

• Sad
I’d like to think the parents would want the memory of holding their child after birth and comforting their child until he/she passes, naming their child, and having a funeral for this child as part of their family. It’s bad enough that the child will die after birth but this is part of their life.

I know that’s what my wife and I would do. To each their own as there is no right or wrong answer to this issue with how the parents should be allowed to make the best decision for themselves.

Last edited:
I’ve already agreed this is something that needs to be addressed. And if Huey could stick to this point then he would have a valid argument. But he just can’t stop himself from repeating the bullshit lie that the state is forcing her to give birth.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Ummm....if she gives birth before 37 weeks, then what what would you call it?
I guess we’ll find out soon. She’ll be 36 weeks on Wednesday, She could terminate the pregnancy next week if she chose to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT