ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Ferrari considering Iowa in top 5

Well, let's say he assaults some unsuspecting Iowa student and fails the experiment. Could you explain to her and her parents that put their trust in The Univeristy of Iowa how it wasn't a bad idea?

Add in all the actual victims of these kind of crimes that do NOT press charges against the assailant and the 99% is wayyyyyyy low. And that is a fact.
Having worked sex crimes for years I can say with 100% accuracy that the overwhelming majority of sex crimes allegations end up being unfounded for a variety of reasons. Investigators are taught and trained to investigate all allegations at face value but in my experience in LA County handling hundreds of sexual assault cases only a handful end up having probable cause to charge the “suspect” with a crime. Not politically correct, but a reality in most big cities.

None of that has any bearing on AJ’s situation, he could be guilty as sin or not, the allegations coupled with his pattern of undesirable behavior should be enough for Iowa to back away from him. Angelo’s a different story.

Having worked sex crimes for years I can say with 100% accuracy that the overwhelming majority of sex crimes allegations end up being unfounded for a variety of reasons. Investigators are taught and trained to investigate all allegations at face value but in my experience in LA County handling hundreds of sexual assault cases only a handful end up having probable cause to charge the “suspect” with a crime. Not politically correct, but a reality in most big cities.

None of that has any bearing on AJ’s situation, he could be guilty as sin or not, the allegations coupled with his pattern of undesirable behavior should be enough for Iowa to back away from him. Angelo’s a different story.
there's a big difference between not having probably cause to charge and being innocent

That's because you know the difference between being found Not Guilty or having charges dropped, and being "Found Innocent" which isn't even a thing.
giphy.gif
*taps the sign*

I'm in 100% agreement with you and have been from the beginning. Iowa City may be a great place for Angelo. But if he tries to leverage his recruitment into a package deal, that would worry me.

as horrific as the Sandusky case is and was.... the most disturbing case for many was the shocking cover up by Paterno of the Todd Hodne case... Todd Hodne was a linebacker for PSU during the lat70s and early 80s and was convicted of being a Serial Rapist by holding women at knifepoint. He was caught and charged by police in a robbery and when the police brought all of this to the university, the administration who was fearful of angering Paterno allowed Paterno to make the decision to bring Hodne BACK to the team as long as he " learned a lesson " from the incident.... so it turns out 12 victims later and numerous other incidents that Hodne was unable to escape his deeds. This ISNT speculation , its a true SAD story and ESPN did quite the expose about the whole situation. Sandusky came along AFTER this occurred but the constant in all of this stuff was Paterno and his role as leader of the program.... if he infact did know it was occurring then he should be treated as so....if he DIDNT know...he should be treated the same because there is no way he didnt control all of that program, thats how he operated....total control.
I'm familiar with this case as well. The guy was a sociopath of the highest order. This even better draws a parallel to what Ironbird was proposing for A.J. Ferrari coming to Iowa City. This is a cut and paste from the article you reference:

On Aug. 19, 1978, two months after the burglary, Penn State held a scrimmage, and afterward, Paterno told gathered reporters that Todd Hodne had been suspended for the season. But he did not like to give up on his players, and he did not give up on Hodne. In his announcement, Paterno said that Hodne will be able to return to the team "if he has a good academic year and if he proves to us that [the robbery] was a mistake." He also sought to provide Hodne a role model for his sophomore season, and to that end, one of his seniors, Fred Ragucci, was summoned into the football office.

This is a cut and paste from Ironbird's post about A.J.:

I have said that I would have him enroll in school for the Spring semester(if possible?). That way he would have like 6-7 months to prove himself without ever being on the team. Would he agree, have no idea. Not seeing how this would be a bad idea?

You just don't mess with these guys. If they weren't elite athletes, nobody would want them on campus. You either bend from your principles or you don't. It is always a choice. Penn State compromised their principles to a horrible end...twice. Why would anyone that loved Iowa suggest they follow suit. It's just not worth the risk with A.J. That's all I've ever said. Angelo should have the opportunity to enroll and wrestle anywhere he is wanted.

there's a big difference between not having probably cause to charge and being innocent

*taps the sign*
True, but I’m referring to the high volume of ladies ( and men as well) that report very serious sex crimes and then later admit (on video) that they made it up (typically when presented with significant evidence that contradicts their original statement) for whatever reason. I teach my kids to avoid situations where they can potentially get victimized either by a suspect or an accuser.

I'm familiar with this case as well. The guy was a sociopath of the highest order. This even better draws a parallel to what Ironbird was proposing for A.J. Ferrari coming to Iowa City. This is a cut and paste from the article you reference:

On Aug. 19, 1978, two months after the burglary, Penn State held a scrimmage, and afterward, Paterno told gathered reporters that Todd Hodne had been suspended for the season. But he did not like to give up on his players, and he did not give up on Hodne. In his announcement, Paterno said that Hodne will be able to return to the team "if he has a good academic year and if he proves to us that [the robbery] was a mistake." He also sought to provide Hodne a role model for his sophomore season, and to that end, one of his seniors, Fred Ragucci, was summoned into the football office.

This is a cut and paste from Ironbird's post about A.J.:

I have said that I would have him enroll in school for the Spring semester(if possible?). That way he would have like 6-7 months to prove himself without ever being on the team. Would he agree, have no idea. Not seeing how this would be a bad idea?

You just don't mess with these guys. If they weren't elite athletes, nobody would want them on campus. You either bend from your principles or you don't. It is always a choice. Penn State compromised their principles to a horrible end...twice. Why would anyone that loved Iowa suggest they follow suit. It's just not worth the risk with A.J. That's all I've ever said. Angelo should have the opportunity to enroll and wrestle anywhere he is wanted.
So what you are saying is, this one guy got caught for robbery and later became sociopath. AJs behavior, in your opinion, fits the same mold? NOT arguing, just saying that you feel this kid is too far gone?

You may be 100% correct? I was not seeing it from the admittedly little information I was going by. My biggest problem was the fact that Okie St. gave him the boot so quickly. That to me was a huge red flag, but then it seemed like he was not locked up or anything?

The whole thing is a mess! Like Muscles said, what is happening with Angelo???

So what you are saying is, this one guy got caught for robbery and later became sociopath. AJs behavior, in your opinion, fits the same mold? NOT arguing, just saying that you feel this kid is too far gone?
What I'm saying is that in the case of Hodne:
1. He already was a sociopath. It wasn't widely known at the time.
2. He broke into a record store with some hometown friends and stole records and stereo equipment.
3. Joe Paterno tried giving him some old fashioned tough love and a second chance.
4. The result was that he raped multiple women, was released on bond, raped more women, went to jail, was released on parole, and finally murdered a taxi driver.

What we know about A.J. is:
1. He showed bad judgement by recklessly driving and could have easily killed his passenger, himself, and other driver.
2. Has pictures he took of himself masturbating on twitter...with text about where he wants to deliver the fruits of his labor. Charming.
3. Has been accused of rape by a student at Okie State.
Would giving him a trial run at Iowa be any less reckless than what Joe Paterno did with the scumbag Hodne? Not by my eye. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

You may be 100% correct? I was not seeing it from the admittedly little information I was going by. My biggest problem was the fact that Okie St. gave him the boot so quickly. That to me was a huge red flag, but then it seemed like he was not locked up or anything?

The whole thing is a mess! Like Muscles said, what is happening with Angelo???
Hodne was a sociopath well before he committed the robbery.

So, are you saying the cases were thrown out due to innocence or lack of evidence?

So, are you saying the cases were thrown out due to innocence or lack of evidence?
Well I’m speaking in generalities about hundreds of cases over a number of years and the majority were rejected by the DAs office for Lack of Evidence. A high volume involved victims recanting their statements when presented with evidence from investigators that contradicted their original statement. One particular rape I investigated involved a young lady who claimed she was forcibly raped outside of a restroom of a bar by someone unknown to her. Fortunately video of the incident was obtained. The video depicted the female performing fellatio and reverse cowgirl on the “suspect”. This particular “victim” was married and the rape report was to cover story to explain her whereabouts to her husband. Upon viewing the footage she recanted her allegations.

Last edited:
Well I’m speaking in generalities about hundreds of cases over a number of years and the majority were rejected by the DAs office for Lack of Evidence. A high volume involved victims recanting their statements when presented with evidence from investigators they contradicted their original statement. One particular rape I investigated involved a young lady who claimed she was forcibly raped outside of a restroom of a bar by someone unknown to her. Fortunately video of the incident was obtained. The video depicted the female performing fellatio and reverse cowgirl on the “suspect”. This particular “victim” was married and the rape report was to cover story to explain her whereabouts to her husband. Upon viewing the footage she recanted her allegations.
I know it does happen. A friend in IC was accused of rape. The problem was, the woman was talking on her phone to her brother WHILE doing the deed with my friend. Luckily the brother stepped up and set the record straight.

Last edited:
What we know about A.J. is:
1. He showed bad judgement by recklessly driving and could have easily killed his passenger, himself, and other driver.
2. Has pictures he took of himself masturbating on twitter...with text about where he wants to deliver the fruits of his labor. Charming.
3. Has been accused of rape by a student at Okie State.
Would giving him a trial run at Iowa be any less reckless than what Joe Paterno did with the scumbag Hodne? Not by my eye. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Believe it or not; but, I have the most problems with #2. That really reveals his true character. Young guys like to hot rod using poor judgment. That only indicates poor judgment and not poor character. Rape accusation has not been proven one way or the other yet (could be very bad). #2 demonstrates that he is a pervert. No excuse for that kind of action whatsoever. (I am assuming these 3 points are accurate).

Wow, you are a complete embarrassment. Because of you, I'm done with the Hawkeyes.

I'll still donate to WFL because Jim does good works but wtf, you are a total ass clown.
This coming from you is a real compliment. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya

BTW: the combination of California and Nittany Lion could not be a better depiction of who you are.

Guys I have said it before and will say it again we need guys like this to dethrone psu. We have had plenty of guys over the years that rub people the wrong way. Believe me I was around for most of them. In recent history we had Gilman, Ramos and Desanto. You can go back to Alger and our current head and associate coaches. When Mocco was here his dad was a major headache. A lot of people didn’t care for Mark Perry either. I could go on and on. Bottom line is we need guys like this just pray the staff could help guide him similar to what they did with Desanto.

Guys I have said it before and will say it again we need guys like this to dethrone psu. We have had plenty of guys over the years that rub people the wrong way. Believe me I was around for most of them. In recent history we had Gilman, Ramos and Desanto. You can go back to Alger and our current head and associate coaches. When Mocco was here his dad was a major headache. A lot of people didn’t care for Mark Perry either. I could go on and on. Bottom line is we need guys like this just pray the staff could help guide him similar to what they did with Desanto.
Are you seriously comparing these former wrestlers to what Ferrari and what he is accused of doing? Totally different levels.

Are you seriously comparing these former wrestlers to what Ferrari and what he is accused of doing? Totally different levels.
Talking about the youngest Ferrari. At first I didn’t want him but and totally understand why anybody would not want him but his talent is the kind we need is all I am saying. After all Ed Ruth ran his vehicle into a Taco Bell and we all know what Long did and Carl still used them to win. That’s all I am trying to say. Can I live with him going elsewhere sure but hoping the staff could guide him down the right path.

Talking about the youngest Ferrari. At first I didn’t want him but and totally understand why anybody would not want him but his talent is the kind we need is all I am saying. After all Ed Ruth ran his vehicle into a Taco Bell and we all know what Long did and Carl still used them to win. That’s all I am trying to say. Can I live with him going elsewhere sure but hoping the staff could guide him down the right path.
You didn't distinguish the younger one only. I agree the younger one probably deserves a shot. If the 3 points posted are true, I am a "no" on the eldest.

Last edited:
Ed Ruth ran his vehicle into a Taco Bell
Really? He actually hit the Taco Bell? He didn't just go over the curb in front of the Taco Bell hitting a tree on College Avenue?

"Police say Ruth was trying to park his car in front of the Taco Bell when he hit a tree and got his car on the curb." according to reports.

Maybe another PSU cover up to take some sting out of the DUI.

Bad parallel parking is a plague for even some not under the influence. 😉

Reactions: el dub
not sure why, thought I read it in one of your posts.
I’ve never spent much time on the east coast. Seems like too many people there for me.

I spend quite a bit of time in the Oregon coastal hills and on the central coast. (I’m in Eugene, about 45 miles south of Corvallis.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT