ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Ferrari considering Iowa in top 5

There was. Crazy part is how many people you go ask about this situation, and they still think the Duke players did in fact rape her. They didn't follow this situation to the end to find out she lied. Myself included.
The odd thing is, this example is still the example used to back up your claims of rampant false allegations of a sexual nature.

Reactions: sstark46
There was. Crazy part is how many people you go ask about this situation, and they still think the Duke players did in fact rape her. They didn't follow this situation to the end to find out she lied. Myself included.
There’s a great 30 for 30 on this. Worth a watch.

The difference is psu cut ties to Sandusky when they learned he was a criminal. Iowa knows about Ferrari and still wants him.
Um no. He was running free there for a long time after people had knowledge about his inappropriate activities.

Reactions: RothMatt
The odd thing is, this example is still the example used to back up your claims of rampant false allegations of a sexual nature.
When a girl makes false accusations and then the news media jumps all over it, makes it a national story, and condemns innocent people, it tends to leave a scar. Also, it shows just how prevalent the thought of guilty until proven innocent can be.

Maybe it is an isolated case, but maybe not. I am sure many cases do not get reported, but in this day and age, chances are that number is much lower than it was years ago.

Two key components to the "rampant false allegations" angle:

1.) Changing your mind after the fact. This is the one thing that seems to be a big part of the process. Did you consent prior to the act or during? At what point did that change?

2.) Incentive. Plain and simple. Is the Accused rich and or famous?

With the above said, I would agree that your average run of the mill person being accused, almost certainly did something wrong. But, you usually don't hear about those cases. The high profile ones often have elements involved that wouldn't really fit into most cases...

Should have been on a forum when that was all going down. Man that was a twisted story.

What’s your point? That you’re eager to have Iowa make the same mistakes that Penn State made?
Rock on dude.
Did Penn State screw the pooch? Yes, in a magnitude that can never be forgiven or forgotten. So yeah, if you and the minority of Iowa fans want to win so bad that you’re willing to join Penn State in having a stain that will never be removed, have at it.

So you're saying that my support of Iowa recruiting a brother of an individual who may or may not have sexually assaulted someone amounts to me being eager for Iowa to make the same mistakes Penn State made? Please explain.

After some thought, if I were Brands I’d keep recruiting them and hope like hell AJ goes to prison. If it then turns out that he doesn’t, I look at the entire family and say “psyche”…

Reactions: el dub
Nice try.

This is why they will always be PED state. Their fans rioted in support of those who covered up child rape. There would not be national disgust towards that fan base had the responded like 99% of other schools would have. They supported the cover up in the name of winning.

Reactions: Birdman007
Maybe these concerned ped state fans should stop by the iowa state forum to offer guidance on them currently trying to bring Echemedia on the team. Didn't he choke or beat his wife?

Reactions: MVPFAN
I remember following along the trial and thinking that b!tch really messed up these guys lives. Unbelievable. I can't imagine what it was like for these guys to go through that.

Can we just take a vote on the Ferraris and forward our decision to Tom?

Based on the very limited insight I actually have, I probably vote yes.

As a general observation, we're perennially two studs short of a title for most of the past decade, which indicates to me that there's still probably something too restrictive or black and white about our recruiting parameters.

Simply put, we need more studs who can win titles. Would the Ferraris fill that well or poison it? Well, I know the answer to #1 but not #2.

BTW...Sandusky? Still? Seriously?

As a general observation, we're perennially two studs short of a title for most of the past decade, which indicates to me that there's still probably something too restrictive or black and white about our recruiting parameters.

Simply put, we need more studs who can win titles. Would the Ferraris fill that well or poison it? Well, I know the answer to #1 but not #2.

I also vote yes with a very tight leash

I don’t like when the Sandusky stuff is brought up either….. but when the psu fan boys respond with their ‘it was handled quickly, correctly, all in the past, didn’t have anything to do with wrestling’ responses where they deflect or minimize the horrific nature of what happened then they will probably continue to have it brought up

So you're saying that my support of Iowa recruiting a brother of an individual who may or may not have sexually assaulted someone amounts to me being eager for Iowa to make the same mistakes Penn State made? Please explain.
I was referring to Ironbird stating (with minimal support from other Hawk fans here) that if AJ Ferrari is not found guilty of sexual assault that Iowa should run an "experiment" by having him enroll on campus for a semester to see if he could keep his hands off unwilling women for 4 months. If he passes the test, let him wrestle. There could b e a number of reasons he could not be proven guilty in court (i.e. paying a settlement to the victim)
My comparison is to Penn State using the same rational to allow that monster Sandusky to prey on innocent children for years.
The younger Ferrari should not have to carry the baggage of his brother. His merits should rest on his own abilities and actions.
That is my explanation.

Reactions: el dub and sstark46
When a girl makes false accusations and then the news media jumps all over it, makes it a national story, and condemns innocent people, it tends to leave a scar. Also, it shows just how prevalent the thought of guilty until proven innocent can be.

Maybe it is an isolated case, but maybe not. I am sure many cases do not get reported, but in this day and age, chances are that number is much lower than it was years ago.
Do you have any daughters between 19 and 30? Ask them if they are ever concerned about taking a drink at a party that they haven’t had their eyes on from the bottle. Ask them if they’ve ever known any friends that have had spiked drinks. Why do you think guys spike girls drinks? It’s not so they dance better. Wake up and smell the roses. It’s extremely prevalent. Even in this day and age.

I was referring to Ironbird stating (with minimal support from other Hawk fans here) that if AJ Ferrari is not found guilty of sexual assault that Iowa should run an "experiment" by having him enroll on campus for a semester to see if he could keep his hands off unwilling women for 4 months. If he passes the test, let him wrestle. There could b e a number of reasons he could not be proven guilty in court (i.e. paying a settlement to the victim)
My comparison is to Penn State using the same rational to allow that monster Sandusky to prey on innocent children for years.
The younger Ferrari should not have to carry the baggage of his brother. His merits should rest on his own abilities and actions.
That is my explanation.
WTF are you even talking about!?!?!?I am sorry but 1) I have stated VERY clearly that the thread is about Angelo! 2) I have said he should be a top target. 3) I have said IF it ever came to be that AJ was found innocent, and he was being considered. He should go through a very rigorous processes. 4) I have clearly said it is all WHAT IFs.

Amazingly Stevenson was given a pass on charges that were worse!!!

Do you have any daughters between 19 and 30? Ask them if they are ever concerned about taking a drink at a party that they haven’t had their eyes on from the bottle. Ask them if they’ve ever known any friends that have had spiked drinks. Why do you think guys spike girls drinks? It’s not so they dance better. Wake up and smell the roses. It’s extremely prevalent. Even in this day and age.
No one is saying that the women should't be careful and aware!!!! There are plenty of scumbags out there. Where are all of you to really take a stand is the real question!?!?!? Here you all are talking about one kid who in my opinion made many mistakes. Compare it to what is out there though......

Just not seeing the OUTRAGE about the sh*t taking place!!! Would love it if everyone grew some balls and said we are going back to the way it was when the GREATEST GENERATION RULED THE WORLD!!!!

Love to hear what you all have done to fight against what is happening to women in todays world? Men in women sports, men in girls bathrooms and locker rooms. Have any of you taken a stand??? We could end 99.9% of the BS in a heart beat yet most do not even know what our CONSTITUTION says!

You wanna look at something??? Look at the POS NFL and NBA!!! Better yet check the records of our elected officials. Wake up and get your heads outa your asses! Don't go preaching to me when you support this crap and vote for these POS and then try and get on your high horses!!!

This is why they will always be PED state. Their fans rioted in support of those who covered up child rape. There would not be national disgust towards that fan base had the responded like 99% of other schools would have. They supported the cover up in the name of winning.
Well done Hoyt! Just realize that you’ve lost the argument when you feel the need to play the Sandusky card.

Bravo, good man! Now…off to church!

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
WTF are you even talking about!?!?!?I am sorry but 1) I have stated VERY clearly that the thread is about Angelo! 2) I have said he should be a top target. 3) I have said IF it ever came to be that AJ was found innocent, and he was being considered. He should go through a very rigorous processes. 4) I have clearly said it is all WHAT IFs.

Amazingly Stevenson was given a pass on charges that were worse!!!

No one is saying that the women should't be careful and aware!!!! There are plenty of scumbags out there. Where are all of you to really take a stand is the real question!?!?!? Here you all are talking about one kid who in my opinion made many mistakes. Compare it to what is out there though......

Just not seeing the OUTRAGE about the sh*t taking place!!! Would love it if everyone grew some balls and said we are going back to the way it was when the GREATEST GENERATION RULED THE WORLD!!!!

Love to hear what you all have done to fight against what is happening to women in todays world? Men in women sports, men in girls bathrooms and locker rooms. Have any of you taken a stand??? We could end 99.9% of the BS in a heart beat yet most do not even know what our CONSTITUTION says!

You wanna look at something??? Look at the POS NFL and NBA!!! Better yet check the records of our elected officials. Wake up and get your heads outa your asses! Don't go preaching to me when you support this crap and vote for these POS and then try and get on your high horses!!!
Season 3 Jesus GIF by Black Sails

as horrific as the Sandusky case is and was.... the most disturbing case for many was the shocking cover up by Paterno of the Todd Hodne case... Todd Hodne was a linebacker for PSU during the lat70s and early 80s and was convicted of being a Serial Rapist by holding women at knifepoint. He was caught and charged by police in a robbery and when the police brought all of this to the university, the administration who was fearful of angering Paterno allowed Paterno to make the decision to bring Hodne BACK to the team as long as he " learned a lesson " from the incident.... so it turns out 12 victims later and numerous other incidents that Hodne was unable to escape his deeds. This ISNT speculation , its a true SAD story and ESPN did quite the expose about the whole situation. Sandusky came along AFTER this occurred but the constant in all of this stuff was Paterno and his role as leader of the program.... if he infact did know it was occurring then he should be treated as so....if he DIDNT know...he should be treated the same because there is no way he didnt control all of that program, thats how he operated....total control.

as horrific as the Sandusky case is and was.... the most disturbing case for many was the shocking cover up by Paterno of the Todd Hodne case... Todd Hodne was a linebacker for PSU during the lat70s and early 80s and was convicted of being a Serial Rapist by holding women at knifepoint. He was caught and charged by police in a robbery and when the police brought all of this to the university, the administration who was fearful of angering Paterno allowed Paterno to make the decision to bring Hodne BACK to the team as long as he " learned a lesson " from the incident.... so it turns out 12 victims later and numerous other incidents that Hodne was unable to escape his deeds. This ISNT speculation , its a true SAD story and ESPN did quite the expose about the whole situation. Sandusky came along AFTER this occurred but the constant in all of this stuff was Paterno and his role as leader of the program.... if he infact did know it was occurring then he should be treated as so....if he DIDNT know...he should be treated the same because there is no way he didnt control all of that program, thats how he operated....total control.
Waiting for the Hodne case to be brought up. That was one of the worst cases ever, but covered up by PSU. Most people have never heard of this case. I live in West PA and never heard of it until espn brought it out.

Waiting for the Hodne case to be brought up. That was one of the worst cases ever, but covered up by PSU. Most people have never heard of this case. I live in West PA and never heard of it until espn brought it out.
Wow, and what else don't we know?

• Wow
Reactions: HawkeyePA
To me it's fairly straight forward calculus: Angelo is a yes for me, AJ is a no for me. Obviously I'm nobody and have no say in the decision. Towards AJ, I'm a defense attorney, as some of you may know. A criminal defense attorney. I don't believe he should be incarcerated unless proven guilty. That doesn't mean I want him on my favorite wrestling team.

Meh… Flexing after a big win as a high school kid isn’t a big deal, imo. We wouldn’t think twice under different circumstances.

Call me crazy… But I view flexing to the crowd or your teammates very differently than I do staring at your opponent’s coach from a couple feet away and flexing at him.

Call me crazy… But I view flexing to the crowd or your teammates very differently than I do staring at your opponent’s coach from a couple feet away and flexing at him.
I’d just as soon see them flex at opposing coach rather than want to shake his hand. Lol

Reactions: tiltman
Towards AJ, I'm a defense attorney, as some of you may know. A criminal defense attorney. I don't believe he should be incarcerated unless proven guilty. That doesn't mean I want him on my favorite wrestling team.
That's because you know the difference between being found Not Guilty or having charges dropped, and being "Found Innocent" which isn't even a thing.
giphy.gif

That's because you know the difference between being found Not Guilty or having charges dropped, and being "Found Innocent" which isn't even a thing.
giphy.gif
Of course you Pedders don't want any sports cars in Iowa City. Can we really be surprised?

To me it's fairly straight forward calculus: Angelo is a yes for me, AJ is a no for me. Obviously I'm nobody and have no say in the decision. Towards AJ, I'm a defense attorney, as some of you may know. A criminal defense attorney. I don't believe he should be incarcerated unless proven guilty. That doesn't mean I want him on my favorite wrestling team.

Thought you had a bit of a scumbag aura about you ;)

Of course you Pedders don't want any sports cars in Iowa City. Can we really be surprised?
I wouldn't want that older model anywhere near any women that don't know exactly what they are looking at.
But if I was forced to place it in a location, Iowa City is far enough away for me. Ride or die I suppose.
BTW, I think you mean Pedo, not Pedder. However, you would probably call David Taylor a Pedo Pedder, correct?

I wouldn't want that older model anywhere near any women that don't know exactly what they are looking at.
But if I was forced to place it in a location, Iowa City is far enough away for me. Ride or die I suppose.
BTW, I think you mean Pedo, not Pedder. However, you would probably call David Taylor a Pedo Pedder, correct?
Fair enough

Not sure on the latter, I just typed what came to me a month or two ago while we were on it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT