ADVERTISEMENT

1 in 16 Women's first experience was rape

Coerce huh? That sure leaves a lot of room to define things doesn't it?

That is how many of these rape studies operate. The supposed victims themselves wouldn't define their experience as rape but the people conducting the study do and so that is what gets reported.

This is a real issue! What is the meaning of consent? People go to jail or go free over this. People get kicked out of college over this.
The people who have any lack of clarity or understanding regarding the meaning of consent should never have sex or they should expect to eventually face very serious consequences for their lack of understanding and lack of empathy.

Last edited:
I suppose we should also classify those drunk women as rapists as well considering the guy was likely drunk as well.

Funny how that works isn't it?

Reactions: naturalmwa
I suppose we should also classify those drunk women as rapists as well considering the guy was likely drunk as well.

Funny how that works isn't it?

giphy.gif

I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of Americans alive today were conceived while one or both parents were "under the influence" of something.

I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of Americans alive today were conceived while one or both parents were "under the influence" of something.
And 100% of the female veterans I saw at the VA were sexually assaulted by another service member during their time in. What’s your point?

And 100% of the female veterans I saw at the VA were sexually assaulted by another service member during their time in. What’s your point?

See? I question that crap, too. I was in the Coast Guard for six years. I never saw or even heard of any female Coast Guard women getting sexually assaulted. My last two years was at the District Office level and all the serious charges of wrongdoing out in the field flowed through my office. Never saw any charges like that bubbling up.

See? I question that crap, too. I was in the Coast Guard for six years. I never saw or even heard of any female Coast Guard women getting sexually assaulted. My last two years was at the District Office level and all the serious charges of wrongdoing out in the field flowed through my office. Never saw any charges like that bubbling up.
How is it that all your years in HR and you still don’t seem to consider something might have happened even if you didn’t see it live with your own eyes?

I asked you. I have no confusion or lack of clarity regarding consent or the definition of rape or who bears responsibility for rape. Apparently, you and the tradition do.

In the scenario I refer to, I disagree that its coerced. There isnt a lack of clarity.

I would encourage any rape victim to go to police immediately so evidence can be collected and charges filed.

Reactions: unIowa
Girl: I don’t know if we should go that far, smiling...
Guy: I agree... we’re connecting so well & this may sound crazy, but I feel like we’ve known each other for years.
Girl: ok
Girl regrets it the next morning.. is that coercion?

Verbally coerced? How many of the rapes were this?

How many of verbal coercions were committed by partners with similar emotional / intellectual abilities?

Quite possibly it's true that many of these "rapes" were regretful experiences between relatively equal partners where the male plays the role of the pursueder.

Do we want a to consider a 15 year old boy talking his way into bed with his 15 year old girlfriend anything near a rape? (in its traditional sense)

Oh, wait, wait. 1 in 16! That's terrible.

And have a jury full of Trad's decide if I was sober enough or clear enough when I said no or if I fought hard enough or if my clothes were covering enough of me so it wasn't my fault. No thanks.

Now days there's an app for that.

I regret that we have gotten to a point in society where women are afraid to say no.

Conversely I hate the concept where someone regrets an act that was last night consensual, now is considered rape in the am.

Are guys really now required to anticipate how a woman will feel about things in the morning?

Fortunately these are issues that I no longer have to deal with myself as a happily married male but I fear for my sons. And daughter if real rape is this common.

Reactions: rolfey
First thoughts about self, second sons, finally daughter. Fascinating.

Geez you're such a toolbag. These are real problems confronting real people. At the beginning of this thread I asked, "what's wrong with our culture?" Why are so many men committing rape and/or why do so many women feel like they've been raped? Ideas on how to fix this border on the ludicrous. How about everybody just be respectful and honest? Is that too much to ask? What's wrong with our culture?

Reactions: haw-key
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT