ADVERTISEMENT

#10,000 Pages Dolphins Super Bowl Champs

This doesn't mean we are hiring him. He could be holding out for the Eagles DC job which likely will be open after the playoffs.

Why the Vic Fangio scheme is sweeping the NFL

Fangio's D keeps QBs off balance, but can Chubb & Miller keep healthy? Broncos D tape w/ Kurt Warner

We need a much better OL, and running game. Seeing how well the 49ers, who have a similar offense, protect their QBs, I'm more than a little worried

Big O on the Fangio mess

Big O Discusses the Miami Dolphins and Vic Fangio Mess 02 01 2023

It is from a FH poster so who knows if true

"Ok, this past weekend, some of you may remember seeing my post in one of the pre-merge Fangio threads stating that my cousin is an office employee for the Atlanta Falcons.

On Saturday, he told me that people with the Falcons believed Fangio to Miami was already lined up and would be announced in the next few days. 1 day after I posted it, the Fangio-to-Miami news broke, and well, you know the rest.

There is a member of the Falcons front office that is in the know that my cousin talks with quite often. In the past, he has given my cousin information that always ends up being true. That’s why I felt comfortable coming out with that information.

With that being said, considering what a cluster this situation has become, I talked with my cousin last night to see if he could do any digging. Well, I just got off the phone with him and this is what he had to say:

Fangio is EXTREMELY pissed off at his agent right now. I guess Vic was upfront and told the Dolphins that the numbers were good, but that he needed a few more days to talk to a couple more teams. He said that Fangio and McD are very solid, and that’s why we’ve seen Miami extremely quiet during all of this. He said Miami feels like they have their guy and even if that changes, there are a couple of candidates they are very comfortable with who will jump at the chance to lead the Dolphin D.

He was very adamant about the fact that Miami did nothing wrong in this process. He said that once the numbers were agreed to, Fangio’s agency was a little too eager to pound their chest and get it out there that they just landed the biggest contract ever for a coordinator. He also said that fans would be surprised to find out how often these sorts of problems happen due to agents.

So as I said the last time I posted about this insider info- take it all with a grain of salt. There’s an awful lot of “insiders” on the internet that are talking out of their asses. I do however, feel very solid about the source."

"So I just received a text from my cousin and it’s a follow up to what I just posted about the inside info on Fangio from the Falcons. This is more of an opinion than it is fact, but I found it EXTREMELY interesting. Here’s his text word for word:

“OMG, I forgot to tell you the part of our conversation that will make you absolutely giddy: My guy says that he fully expects Fangio to choose Miami not just because of money, but he also views the Dolphin gig the best available. He told me that fans might be sleeping on Miami, but coaches/GM’s are not. Opinions in league circles are that McDaniel is LEGIT and if they can figure out a way to keep Tua’s head right along with landing Fangio, that’s a 12-13 win team next season and that Miami is set up to be the most legit threat to KC in the AFC for the next 5-6 years. He said the AFC East now belongs to Miami. Buffalo has peaked and they’re 1 more playoff exit away from the wheels completely coming off. Says that after the home field beat down to Cincy, there is so much pressure in that building and everybody’s just waiting for that thing to explode. Nobody believes Saleh is capable of solving the Jets QB issues and New England is a middling team for the rest of BB’s tenure. Says Billicheat is good enough to keep NE around .500 which is far enough away from the really good draft picks, but that’s about it. He finished up by saying that if the Dolphins are a stock, NFL insiders would be buying. I hope this text didn’t give you a permanent erection! 😂”

Obviously, I loved reading that text- as I’m sure all of you did too, but I also see some relevancy here in regards to the current situation with Fangio and how our organization is viewed. Things like Bullygate still sting me to the bone, but it’s long been an afterthought to anybody who’s not a Dolphin fan. I think as fans, we hold onto those things and turn them into bigger issues than necessary. It was refreshing to see this opinion and reading it actually got me all jacked up to start next season tomorrow!! The potential of McD and this roster is something we haven’t seen in Miami in a loooooooooong ass time. It’s time to slap a new helmet on our QB, reclaim our division and reclaim our spot as one of the best teams in the NFL!!

Oh, and while we’re at it, MAKE THE THROWBACKS PERMANENT!!"

• Love
Reactions: The Tradition
Will Vic Fangio Sign With the Dolphins?

Sources in Mobile tell Pro Football Network Insider Tony Pauline that they are confident Fangio will become the new defensive coordinator for the Dolphins sooner rather than later. San Francisco is an option, but everything being talked about at the Senior Bowl points to Fangio signing with the Dolphins – soon. Further, sources tell PFN that the Dolphins’ offer appears to be Fangio’s best one thus far.

If everything comes together as expected, Pelissero reports that it’s expected to be a three-year agreement with a fourth-year team option.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT