ADVERTISEMENT

#10,000 Pages Dolphins Super Bowl Champs

"Not enough people paying attention, the Miami Dolphins are going to have free agency 2.0 on June 1st.

This isn’t the entree, this is the appetizer.

Why?

1-Xavien Howard released gives them $18.5 million in cap space.

2-New Tua Tagovailoa contract would likely provide another $12 million in cap space.

Yep, that’s $30.5m in cap.

Dangerous.

Why?

1-Knowing they have two 3rd-round compensatory picks heading their way, they can trade future draft picks for a player if they wish. Patrick Surtain Jr, potentially, with Denver going tank mode.

2-Veteran Signings

Last year, post-June signings included:

-Adrian Amos, S
-Frank Clark, DE
-Leonard Floyd, Edge
-Kyle Van Noy, Edge
-Jadeveon Clowney, Edge
-Desmond King, DB
-Teair Tart, DT
-Marcus Peters, CB"

"Miami Dolphins having a really nice free agency. As I mentioned in spaces this week, they have been swinging for the fences and hitting homers in previous years with Tyreek Hill, Terron Armstead, and Jalen Ramsey additions. Now, they're swinging for doubles.

Have added:

*TE Jonnu Smith
*OL Aaron Brewer
*LB Anthony Walker
*LB Jordyn Brooks
*S Jordan Poyer
*Edge Shaq Barrett"

I like the return of Isaiah Wynn. The run game was clearly not the same with him and Connor out of the lineup. In fact, Mostert didn’t have one 100+ yard rushing game after Wynn went down.

If he can stay healthy, Miami has the answer at LG but that’s a big IF.

As for Jack Driscoll, his best work IMO has come at RG. That said, I think the battle at RG will be between him and Eichenberg with Jones in the mix.

Both additions taken into consideration, neither of these signings would prevent me if I’m Chris Grier from taking an OT that can kick into OG for a year at #21/#55 or taking iOL at #55 or beyond if the board falls in their favor. #finsup

I like the return of Isaiah Wynn. The run game was clearly not the same with him and Connor out of the lineup. In fact, Mostert didn’t have one 100+ yard rushing game after Wynn went down.

If he can stay healthy, Miami has the answer at LG but that’s a big IF.

As for Jack Driscoll, his best work IMO has come at RG. That said, I think the battle at RG will be between him and Eichenberg with Jones in the mix.

Both additions taken into consideration, neither of these signings would prevent me if I’m Chris Grier from taking an OT that can kick into OG for a year at #21/#55 or taking iOL at #55 or beyond if the board falls in their favor. #finsup
Miami’s running game was at its best with Jackson, Hunt, Williams, Wynn, and Armstead.

Hated to see Hunt go, but 20 mil a year was pretty steep.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
Ugh….here we go with Greer pushing more money into future years. This team is going to have to go through another tear down and rebuild after this “all-in” window closes and we are zillions over the salary cap.

If only Greer could draft effectively, we wouldn’t have to pay big dollars for past performance to so many players from other teams and then continually restructure to field a roster.

The problem last year was while our offense steamrolled bad teams, we came up really short against teams with winning records. That has to change somehow...

And our defense played like crap against good teams, too. The Ravens game for example. Woof.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT