ADVERTISEMENT

10/10/2018

DFSNOLE

HR Legend
Sep 25, 2002
Lower Alabama
One year ago today only the 2nd Cat 5 hurricane made landfall in the US. There are areas in Bay County that still look like it was yesterday.

I'm sure Trad will be along soon to tell us how the forecasters messed up.

One year ago today only the 2nd Cat 5 hurricane made landfall in the US. There are areas in Bay County that still look like it was yesterday.

I'm sure Trad will be along soon to tell us how the forecasters messed up.

The forecasters definitely missed that one. It spun up from nothing into a monster and no one had any warning.

Stupid forecasters.

Reactions: billanole
Get your buddies to let us know when to hunker down for the next one. Obviously, you and your pals will be more accurate than others, especially those paid to inform the public...

The point is, the scientists aren't as all-knowing as everybody thinks they are now days.

#Greta"DoWhatTheScientistsTellYouToDo"Thunberg

AAAND we're supposed to believe they have the forecast for the year 2100 correct. :rolleyes:
How many days in a row has your area broken calendar year records for temps this year? Dothan, Al had 9 days in a row of record heat. Asheville, NC had 5.
Things are not the same.

How many days in a row has your area broken calendar year records for temps this year? Dothan, Al had 9 days in a row of record heat. Asheville, NC had 5.
Things are not the same.

Had a record breaking cold spell only 10 years ago. First time I've ever seen sleet in Florida.

The brain trust here on HROT said that was related to climate change, too.

Soooo... no matter what happens, "climate change" explains it.

It's a really convenient theory.

Had a record breaking cold spell only 10 years ago. First time I've ever seen sleet in Florida.

The brain trust here on HROT said that was related to climate change, too.

Soooo... no matter what happens, "climate change" explains it.

It's a really convenient theory.
I saw 13 degree temps in Tally during a ‘70s winter. A bit of snow as well.
You are old enough to compare “now and then”. You know things are changing.

I saw 13 degree temps in Tally during a ‘70s winter. A bit of snow as well.
You are old enough to compare “now and then”. You know things are changing.

No... it was hot in the summer and cold in the winter. And it still is.

The "shoreline" is still where it was when I was a wee lad.

All of this climate change stuff is bullshit.

Back in the late 90s we had a really bad wildfire season. "THIS IS THE NEW NORMAL" the climate change acolytes screamed.

Well, that didn't happen again.

Five years ago, the lake level behind Tradition Manor got really low. "Global warming" all the neighbors said. "The lake is dead."

Today it's full.

Again, all this climate change stuff is bullshit.

Michael destroyed my hometown. The neighborhood I grew up in is largely gone. Thankfully, I don’t have to work the State Emergency Operations Center anymore. Toughest storm I worked.

No... it was hot in the summer and cold in the winter. And it still is.

The "shoreline" is still where it was when I was a wee lad.

All of this climate change stuff is bullshit.

Back in the late 90s we had a really bad wildfire season. "THIS IS THE NEW NORMAL" the climate change acolytes screamed.

Well, that didn't happen again.

Five years ago, the lake level behind Tradition Manor got really low. "Global warming" all the neighbors said. "The lake is dead."

Today it's full.

Again, all this climate change stuff is bullshit.
You are a head in the ground guy. Your mind is made up. Keep it to yourself, since you will not consider alternative thoughts. Keep it to yourself, coastie.
You have no more training or knowledge than the next person, so keep your loud opinions to yourself. Shut up.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
You are a head in the ground guy. Your mind is made up. Keep it to yourself, since you will not consider alternative thoughts. Keep it to yourself, coastie.
You have no more training or knowledge than the next person, so keep your loud opinions to yourself. Shut up.

Why should I shut up?

You people are becoming religious about this shit.

Pretty soon you'll be killing the non-believers.

Reactions: khael-hawk
One year after the hurricane devastated the area leading to abject misery and an increase in drug and alcohol use and my drug and alcohol rehab facility has received zero dollars and zero cents from the Federal and State government to address our rebuilding costs and the fresh onslaught of uninsured patients.

AAAND we're supposed to believe they have the forecast for the year 2100 correct. :rolleyes:

I'm still waiting for you to take that $500,000 bet:

I cannot predict the weather in either Iowa City or Phoenix for Jan. 15, 2020. But I predict the high for the day in Phoenix on Jan 15, 2020 will be higher than in Iowa City.

Weather vs. Climate.

(TheMoreYouKnow.jpg)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT