ADVERTISEMENT

Biden's bad news on inflation

False.

He thought covid was a joke and would be gone, which you all blasted him for, and then didn't want to send the foreign aid at one point.

Specific to the first one, he did not want to send it.
Sigh....from your article:

In his statement Sunday night, Trump said the House will vote Monday on a previously planned bill to increase payments to individuals from $600 to $2,000. Trump added: "The Senate will start the process for a vote that increases checks to $2,000."

Second, this is not the first stimulus package that Trump signed. There were three prior ones. The CARES Act was the largest, which he signed without objection.

Read it again, he fought the first one, and then wanted more for the 3rd. Frankly I think he thought he could buy some votes by then.

He fought the first one. It was well discussed here.
he thought the bill he signed in Dec 2020 was going to buy him votes in Nov 2020?

That's reasonable.

I do think the ARP was way too big and not targeted enough...as all the COVID stimulus was. I think the first ARP checks went out in April fwiw.
It's not an exact science by any means and I'm far from understanding the macro economics of it all. Sometimes I don't really believe anyone truly understands it. That being said, in comparison to most of the world, US inflation rate is far more preferential than most other countries.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
so Biden is to blame for inflation because he was in favor of the policy someone else (his opponent in this election) implemented during which time Biden had no active role in govt?

trump, the guy who implemented that policy, is not to blame?
Never said Trump is not to blame.
His decision to go along with Pelosi and Schumer and suspend the debt ceiling enabled this, and he’s responsible for what he signed off on. He wanted even bigger stimulus checks to go out.
My point is that Biden was in favor of this spending before gaining office, and his WH has remained dedicated to keeping federal spending (and deficits) at record levels.

So inflation went from 1.4% to 5% in Biden's first four months in office through no fault of his. I don't think any rational mind would blame the immediate inflation on Biden during the beginning of his term.
I'm willing to bet that every right winger on this board would/has/continues to do so.

Reactions: Huey Grey
Delta announced some healthy earnings yesterday. Some of the big banks announce earnings in the next few days, and are expected to announce healthy earnings.
F***ing Brandon and his inflation.

Delta announced some healthy earnings yesterday. Some of the big banks announce earnings in the next few days, and are expected to announce healthy earnings.
F***ing Brandon and his inflation.
Delta, one of the few companies benefitting from flying illegals all over the country?

That's the one you are going with?

Delta, one of the few companies benefitting from flying illegals all over the country?

That's the one you are going with?
Do you think before you post? Do you think posts such as ^^^ is clever? Is it possible to have a non partisan conversation with you or are you always wanting to write ‘gotcha’ posts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT