ADVERTISEMENT

100 days until Hawkeye Football

tumorboy

HR Legend
Sep 24, 2002
Or is my math wrong. Come on folks. Let’s discuss without the crazies I the football forum. What are we looking at for 2 deeps and newcomers or personal surprises.

Happy So Excited GIF by TLC Europe

Anyway assume Defense will still be strong. Just need the OL as usual to get its shit together.

Like many my interest isn't what it used to be, but I'll still plan to at least watch every game, probably miss a couple from vacationing but still make it back to IC for at least one.

That said, defense should be very good again. Offense, while I'm optimistic that schematic changes will improve some things, I doubt it will be a very effective unit given the personnel. Wide receivers are bad, QB is injured but maybe some upside there, TE and RB - good to go there. OL is the wild card for me, are they just going to be older and still not great, or are they older and better? Will they benefit from schematic changes and motion and not get teed off on? Our OL as a whole always seems worse than the sum of the parts from my vantage point, maybe that will change.

Punting - Can't replace Tory, but if we could get close, that will be a huge help.

ISU - W
ISU - W
Troy - W
MN - W
OSU - L
Wash - W
MSU - W
NU - L
UW - W
UCLA - L
MD - W
NU - L

8-4

Of course, my waning interest applies even more so to our opponents, so who the hell knows.

Reactions: mattymoknows
Like many my interest isn't what it used to be, but I'll still plan to at least watch every game, probably miss a couple from vacationing but still make it back to IC for at least one.

That said, defense should be very good again. Offense, while I'm optimistic that schematic changes will improve some things, I doubt it will be a very effective unit given the personnel. Wide receivers are bad, QB is injured but maybe some upside there, TE and RB - good to go there. OL is the wild card for me, are they just going to be older and still not great, or are they older and better? Will they benefit from schematic changes and motion and not get teed off on? Our OL as a whole always seems worse than the sum of the parts from my vantage point, maybe that will change.

Punting - Can't replace Tory, but if we could get close, that will be a huge help.

ISU - W
ISU - W
Troy - W
MN - W
OSU - L
Wash - W
MSU - W
NU - L
UW - W
UCLA - L
MD - W
NU - L

8-4

Of course, my waning interest applies even more so to our opponents, so who the hell knows.
How does Iowa lose to Nebraska twice? As for the OL. A lot of it appears to me is not only confusion but attitude. Used to be Iowa had OL that plain old hurt people. That attitude is gone.

How does Iowa lose to Nebraska twice? As for the OL. A lot of it appears to me is not only confusion but attitude. Used to be Iowa had OL that plain old hurt people. That attitude is gone.

Oops: NU = both Northwestern and Nebraska. UW = Wisconsin and Washington. Another reason expansion sucks.

Yeah, I'm not going to pretend to be an OL expert, maybe some of it's attitude. Some of it is the changes to penalizing cut blocking. But I think a lot of it is our scheme and that the defense either has a good idea or knows what's coming.

Oops: NU = both Northwestern and Nebraska. UW = Wisconsin and Washington. Another reason expansion sucks.

Yeah, I'm not going to pretend to be an OL expert, maybe some of it's attitude. Some of it is the changes to penalizing cut blocking. But I think a lot of it is our scheme and that the defense either has a good idea or knows what's coming.
Pretty much the Tennessee game showed that. Think it was the DE or OLB. He was screaming and pointing wheel route wheel route. Or QB roll out whatever that shit play is. That takes 10 seconds to run. Dear lord if it’s that obvious to us noobs watching at home.

How about the Northwestern WR transfer or any other WR newcomers?
I think Brian’s passing scheme was so bad, that I just can’t make any judgements on our WR’s. While on the other hand, Lester put WR’s in the league at a MAC school. Part of that was certainly their own talent/athleticism, but playing in an effective scheme that got guys open created productive players.

I don’t get too much into recruiting, but hopefully whoever is in the WR room will be put in an offense that makes the game easier for them, easier to get open, and easier for the QB to find them.

Reactions: mattymoknows
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT