ADVERTISEMENT

10th assistant coach guesses?

Is it standard UI protocol that the position has to be public so many days before it can be filled to allow for all potential candidates to apply with possible interview?

Go get Dick LeBeau now that Titans got a new coach and will hire his own DC. He is only 80. Has lots more in the tank yet.

This IMHO is a bigger deal than any one recruit we could get.
I don't disagree ... I'm an educator and students regularly tell me that I'm the best teacher they've ever had. The truth of the matter is that I'm pretty average as a teacher ... however, my students find me enormously relatable. Positive rapport is huge ... and, as you indicate, having a relatable position coach with experience with "skills guys" and who excels at recruiting ... that can be huge in the recruiting game in the long term.

This IMHO is a bigger deal than any one recruit we could get.
The one thing that I find interesting and/or puzzling is that Ferentz spoke very highly of Foster's recruiting skills ... however, his main exposure with recruiting at the P5 level was when he recruiting JUCO guys at Tennessee (and he only did that for a brief window of time). I can only infer that his references spoke very highly of him ... and possibly the coaches whom he recruited players from spoke very highly of him too.

Regardless, I'm curious as to what evidence/data Ferentz used to deduce that Foster was an excellent recruiter.

Not sure. The contract info just came out and he is on a year to year worth 200k.
It's pretty standard for assistants to be on a year-to-year contract. That's why it was so remarkable that Ferentz pulled in O'Keefe with a 3-year deal ... that went against the trend of what we usually do with our assistant coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT