ADVERTISEMENT

10th assistant coach guesses?

BigOHawk

HR Heisman
Oct 27, 2001
Omaha, NE
Where does Iowa need another coach? Can they hire for any position group/recruiting/strength, etc? I would assume they are posting and interviewing for this now since it's for 2018...

I know last year they said they would probably go for someone on the defensive side of the ball. I would think about former GAs like Broderick Binns, I think there was a guy named Chris Pollizi who’s a former GA and DB coach at a fcs school, also a guy named Charlie Bullen who’s a former GA and worked with KOK in Miami and was a linebackers coach.

Hope its a young defensive coach with some recruiting ties to Texas or the Southeast. Between KF, BF, Polasek and KOF a new hire on O isnt going to get much say on anything no matter the struggles. However would like to see a young defensive minded coach with some recruiting ties come in and learn under Parker. Would love it if they had knowledge with the LB position. I think the key to winning the B1G West and a B1G Championship in the future is consistently having a top 5 B1G Defense that can make things hard for teams like Wisconsin, Ohio St and Penn St.

Pure memory disclaimer:

There was a guy talked about awhile back, that was a d-line coach, that had been the #1 recruiter in the b12 for Ok, that had Iowa ties. I feel like he is doing something in the CFL now. I thought he sounded promising, wish I could remember his name.

I think with all the supposed disadvantages of getting talent to Iowa they need to bring a pure scout/recruitter into the staff. (IT WOULD HAVE NEVER FLOWN BUT I WISH THEY WOULD HAVE POACHED K. WILLIAMS FROM NEBBY) we have done just fine coaching with what we have IMO the 10 coach would have been best suited as someone who brought in a higher caliber athlete foe the staff to start with.

Very true. In my head it's a perfect way for him to gain a reputation back(our staff) and a way for our staff to improve recruitting right away..... but then there is THAT side of the coin.

[QUOTE="I think the key to winning the B1G West and a B1G Championship in the future is consistently having a top 5 B1G Defense that can make things hard for teams like Wisconsin, Ohio St and Penn St.[/QUOTE]

This. Exactly. If we are to contend we have to have a defense that can execute and force turnovers.

Tomorrow is the day that the rule takes effect.

A couple hires have been announced, such as Clemson promoting from within.

I think there is a good chance that Iowa promotes from within. Or they take 3 months to hire a guy while the rest of the country is in a mad flurry over the next couple days.

Need dedicated new punting coach x1,000,000

No idea who to hire so I Google’d “teach punting.” This pic came up first. I say hire this guy in the white shirt, $400K go.
Paul+Stonehouse

Pure memory disclaimer:

There was a guy talked about awhile back, that was a d-line coach, that had been the #1 recruiter in the b12 for Ok, that had Iowa ties. I feel like he is doing something in the CFL now. I thought he sounded promising, wish I could remember his name.

This is the guy I was talking about. We should have done whatever it takes to get him into the staff. Imo if it all falls apart this guy needs to be on the next staff No questions asked.

Check out @SWiltfong247’s Tweet:

It's wishful thinking I know but I am hoping someone got in his ear about how the staff has always been able to coach special teams what they need is an elite recruitter. Wish in one hand... I know.

Drew Tate or Chad Greenway??? Of course we have our QB coach already, but c/mon Drew Tate!

Or maybe Nate Kaeding special teams??? Maybe he already does enough free stuff for the team in teaching.

Demo odems!! But he needs more time still coaching small ball don't see that big of a jump.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT