ADVERTISEMENT

17th out of 18 BIG schools in recruiting...that's killing it! CORRECTION 8/9/24: WE'RE NOW 18th!! 250 2025 4*s and we have 1

OUR money the government is ALLOWING us to keep? Maybe those actually paying taxes have said enough - time to reinvent the putrid stench of unaccountable bureaucratic bloat. You guys sure love your US News horoscope rankings. So sciency.
We just celebrated something our ancestors did for a 2% tax, yet here we are paying 30-40% tax and shrugging... time to reboot this young country.

If you don't donate to SWARM you have ZERO business commenting on the recruiting rankings!

ZERO Business complaining about it.
REcruiting wasn't any better b4 the swarm and we weren't happy, but now that the swarm is here, you are trying to tell us we can't assess? LMAO>

Where to begin ....
  • economic stimulus plans at geography X ... (a great case-study is Gary, Indiana) ... the abstraction of this bullet count itself likely encompasses hundreds (or more) of examples ... not just 1
  • magnet schools in impoverished areas ... (the schools themselves and the money they have access to - is typically leveraged to get excellent teachers ... none of which addresses the critical underlying impact poverty has on the students)
  • war on drugs
  • earthquake prediction
  • Oak Island treasure
  • programs trying to increase interest in STEM
  • ... the list goes on
Please don't misunderstand the list ... I'm not saying that some of the bulleted items aren't worthwhile and/or important ... however, throwing money at issues without truly understanding the underlying problems often ends up being a complete waste. For instance, I'm a STEM-educator ... and I love the sentiment of increasing interest in STEM. However, there needs to be a culture shift before it truly can be success.

Yep, if you don't belong you have zero (0) skin in the game, so you have zero (0) room to talk about it.
As a poster stated above, I will not give to a collective to get a player to play at Iowa! If he or she wants to play for the University great but this handout thing is really bad. Just wait until they dont make the pros and realize that they have to work to make a living. The same thing happens in society when foodstamps and welfare is handed out, then when its gone, or if, then they struggle or go homeless because they were dependant on handouts! NOT 1 penny from me thank you. And yes we can complain about the rankings because thats what fans do!

As a poster stated above, I will not give to a collective to get a player to play at Iowa! If he or she wants to play for the University great but this handout thing is really bad. Just wait until they dont make the pros and realize that they have to work to make a living. The same thing happens in society when foodstamps and welfare is handed out, then when its gone, or if, then they struggle or go homeless because they were dependant on handouts! NOT 1 penny from me thank you. And yes we can complain about the rankings because thats what fans do!
What fans do is help their team any way possible, real fans donate to SWARM.

Last edited:
$250 a year OP! Damn, big baller alert.
Music Video Throwing Money GIF
Excellent point. Everyone is rich now thanks to the cognitive abilities of the "leader of the FREE world."

Last edited:
Actually the downturn a decade plus ago was about a dip in recruiting.
Better check your facts. Iowa has won 86 games over the past 10 years. That ranks 12th among power 4 schools. Keeping kids around and development offsets recruiting rankings.

Iowa has won 10 games in three of the last five.

Better check your facts. Iowa has won 86 games over the past 10 years. That ranks 12th among power 4 schools. Keeping kids around and development offsets recruiting rankings.

Iowa has won 10 games in three of the last five.
I eas referring to the downturn. Reading is fundamental.

Change the perception of the program this year and recruiting will improve.

No serious high school prospect is going to sign up to play for the Iowa offense that has been a national punchline the past couple years.

Also, transfer portal.

Iowa will be fine.

Reactions: obfuscating
Change the perception of the program this year and recruiting will improve.

No serious high school prospect is going to sign up to play for the Iowa offense that has been a national punchline the past couple years.

Also, transfer portal.

Iowa will be fine.
They have certainly pulled 4* OL, 4* TEs and the occasional 4* RBs. If they can pull Smith in this class it will go a long way. The QB positions appears to be more of a concern moving forward. Next year the offense will have to take a major step, and they will have to carry a decent amount of the load in 2025.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
What fans do is help their team any way possible, real fans donate to SWARM.
100% false. Purchasing tickets, merch, watching on TV to up the ratings, etc are all things fans do, you just omit those to try and make yourself "feel" important in a world that gives 2 shites about you, me, or anyone else.. THose that donate, do so of their own accord.

I always love the "real fan" definition some come up with. I think I qualify as a "real fan" based on the following list but maybe the last item knocks me out?

4 year letterwinner at Iowa
Team captain at Iowa
2 degrees from Iowa
Season ticket holder for decades
Frequent Iowa athletic department donor
Annual road game attendance
Regular bowl game attendance
Annual attendance of multiple sporting events, both home and road (FB, MBB, WBB, Soccer, Swimming, Field Hockey, Wrestling)
I-Club member
Requested speaker Tippie

NOT A SWARM MEMBER (and I don't like the beer)

Look at what schools offer these kids, not their star rankings. It will relieve stress.

Also, with respect to rankings, there are 3 kinds of 5 star players.
  1. Those that have 5 star rankings and live up to the hype
  2. Those with 5 star rankings that are busts
  3. Those that have 3 star rankings that develop into 5 star players in their Junior/Senior years.
JMO, but I feel like Iowa does a better job than many other schools with respect to #3 above.

1st amendment, we can say pretty much anything we want. That might offend you and others, but no one really cares.
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech. "
The first amendment only prevents the government from abridging speech.

100% false. Purchasing tickets, merch, watching on TV to up the ratings, etc are all things fans do, you just omit those to try and make yourself "feel" important in a world that gives 2 shites about you, me, or anyone else.. THose that donate, do so of their own accord.
Watching the game on tv and/or in person does nothing to improve recruiting. Enjoy your Iowa T-shirts when we are #18 in an 18 team league.

Watching the game on tv and/or in person does nothing to improve recruiting. Enjoy your Iowa T-shirts when we are #18 in an 18 team league.
I am not discounting the importance of the Swarm nil collective, but buying tickets and attending the games definitely helps recruiting. Having a full stadium is a big factor for recruiting.

Reactions: desihawk
If there's a will there's a way.
You won't stop it....nor should it be stopped. If people donate then great....let that be something they want to do, enjoy doing and feel good about doing it. If others don't, that is their choice but it does not make them any less of a fan. Everyone has a right to donate/not donate. Everyone has 1A rights as well. You won't shut that down.

You won't stop it....nor should it be stopped. If people donate then great....let that be something they want to do, enjoy doing and feel good about doing it. If others don't, that is their choice but it does not make them any less of a fan. Everyone has a right to donate/not donate. Everyone has 1A rights as well. You won't shut that down.
online you absolutely can shut that down. There have been multiple posters blocked from this site, and soon enough NIL will make it so those "contributions" that go with your ticket, will go directly to the players pockets. Watching games, will include payment to those players. So if you are a fan, you will be making a donation.

Something has to change SOON! We may win 8-9 games based on defense alone this season but the future is NOT bright. I have given monthly to the Swarm over the past 2 years, but unless the coaches secure some major NIL funding, we are going backwards and my $250/yr is meaningless. We lose most of our defense this year and both our recruiting and transfer portal activity suck ass. 4-6 wins will soon be our max. Missing on either Brooks or Epenesa will be a catastrophic failure. You have to keep the best in-state kids at home and you have to land top rated legacies. The problem is we're trying to sell a '76 dodge pickup to kids who want a tesla.
I question why some of you are fans. Good lord the sky isn't falling.

So the atmosphere ar kinnick menas nothing, okay. The tv money from ratings means nothing, okay. I'll be sure to take zero advice from you.

i used to get worked up about recruiting but for years overall we’ve been fielding strong teams. yes per incoming recruit rankings we look to be 40-50 range but wasn’t there a recent adjusted ranking based on performance that put us in top 15 (?). a key difference maker (like cooper and tory) every couple years can make up a lot of ground. and let’s not have the worst qb in cfb again. just that’s enough to pull out good to great seasons. sure i’m happy to pull in the occasional 5-star but won’t cry about it anymore.

future is NOT bright.
I said the same thing about Ferentz's first recruiting class, and several classes after that, and teams as well and they ended up proving me wrong in a big way. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Most of the guys we have on board right now are legit power 5 talents with plenty of other big offers and we're just getting started.

online you absolutely can shut that down. There have been multiple posters blocked from this site, and soon enough NIL will make it so those "contributions" that go with your ticket, will go directly to the players pockets. Watching games, will include payment to those players. So if you are a fan, you will be making a donation.
Blocking someone on a social site does not stop them from speaking their opinion, not donating and talking about it, etc. It does not shut down the opportunity to voice an opinion. I would imaging the people that have been BANNED or shut down from this site have said something way worse than just talking about "who is a fan and who isn't a fan".

Blocking someone on a social site does not stop them from speaking their opinion, not donating and talking about it, etc. It does not shut down the opportunity to voice an opinion. I would imaging the people that have been BANNED or shut down from this site have said something way worse than just talking about "who is a fan and who isn't a fan".
Personally, I would ban people from this site for derailing threads, or use an IP blocker for Debby fans that come on here. However, as was stated, the first amendment does not protect speech on a privately owned site. Twitter, Facebook...etc have proven this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT