ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Iowa at #13 Wisconsin PBP

I've seen guys flatter than Abe but not called...yesterday was Jimmy John's freaky fast.

Even Gibbons (who is a Homer for anyone not Iowa) laughed at that call.
I think Gibbons is pretty fair - he's supposed to be neutral and I think he generally is. It's just at some point he has to make an observation with comment and it's not always going to be what an Iowa fan wants to hear.

I think Gibbons is pretty fair - he's supposed to be neutral and I think he generally is. It's just at some point he has to make an observation with comment and it's not always going to be what an Iowa fan wants to hear.
Animated GIF

probably assuming it will be haines and cobe is definitely an underdog there.
While I understand teammates often wrestle each other pretty tight, I watched the finals match between the two and it went deep into overtime before Haines prevailed. Not that much of a difference and there is no guarantee Haines is going Friday. He's is at his limit in matches.

Yeah so I still don't know what you're talking about...so...keep staying mad?? I don't know what to tell you.
You were provided with what you asked for. For the record, I never started being mad.
You play the denial card about as perfect as it can be played. I seriously hope you don’t have some type of dementia?

I am done here and wish you the best.

Reactions: Gobblin
You were provided with what you asked for. For the record, I never started being mad.
You play the denial card about as perfect as it can be played. I seriously hope you don’t have some type of dementia?

I am done here and wish you the best.
You need a hobby seriously.

I just don't live in a world where every call that goes against my team is wrong and every comment made is from a biased perspective.
Don't bring that BS into this cesspool man! This is supposed to be my safe space!

FWIW, after the shellacking at 125 Gibbons will need a towel to wipe the PSU off his chin.

Sparks may go into full-on convulsions talking about, everyone scream it out now, CARTER STAROCCI!!!

For all the banter, excepting Assad getting caught, Iowa wrestled very well on the road. The guys that should have won, did so convincingly. Lee, Teske, Woods and Cass were never remotely in any danger of losing. Cobe bear a ranked opponent and is starting to look like a R12-R16 type guy. Considering he is the “hole” in the lineup, that is something to be quite happy about.

After the above 5, Murin and Kennedy wrestled very tough, showing a lot of effort. They simply lost to better, considerably more savvy wrestlers. With that said, Murin probably can’t adjust or improve to beat Gomez in his last season, but Kennedy is still raw enough, that he can learn from his first feel for Hamiti and I expect him to have some wins over him before his career is over.

Finally, the 2 youngins wrestled admirably, but a freshman backup at 165, wrestling 174 isn’t going to win, even if the opponent isn’t good and Franklin wrestled hard against a ranked opponent. Not even close to bonus in either match was a win.

Assad is the ONLY reason this dual was close. If you know wrestling and actually watched, Dow is actually the one that deserves a ton of credit. He FORCED that position and Assad tried to bail out multiple times and Dow masterfully readjusted several times. Assad wasn’t “hanging” he just didn’t do the full fledged fleeing/backing out of bounds, because he is taught not to. That was the only way he was getting out of that tie. Again, way more credit needs to go to Dow than is happening on this board. It sucks that Assad got caught there, but Dow earned that in every way possible…
Tom Brand’s even pointed out that Assad hung out in the position too much in his post match interview. So who’s wrong, you or Tom?

Tom Brand’s even pointed out that Assad hung out in the position too much in his post match interview. So who’s wrong, you or Tom?
Tom has an absolutist mentality. It is why he has been so successful and it is why he is such a good leader in such a tough sport. However, instilling the impose your will attitude and controlling every situation can and does ignore the fact the other guy can heavily influence the situation as well. In Tom’s perspective, I am sure he believes Assad should have simply imposed his will and got out of that position, so to him, Assad was hanging around.

Now, to me, Assad was VISIBLY trying to get out of that spot and Dow didn’t LET him. So, I choose to give credit to Dow, while Brands put it on Assad. I guess we can be the glass half full vs. glass half empty perspectives, while agreeing the glass ended up empty soon thereafter….

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT