ADVERTISEMENT

#20 N'western getting CRUSHED by 3 pt fav & undefeated Texas Tech; Minny & MSU both win

Minnesota closed with a nice run to expand to a 9 point lead at half.

From the Columbus Dispatch:

Here’s how the voting broke down:

1. Michigan State (28)
2. Purdue (80)
3. Minnesota (90)
4. Northwestern (115)
T-5. Maryland (155)
T-5. Michigan (155)
7. Wisconsin (168)
8. Iowa (204
9. Indiana (270)
10. Penn State (280)
11. Ohio State (314)
12. Illinois (315)
13. Nebraska (362)
14. Rutgers (376)

Player of the year: Miles Bridges, Michigan State (unanimous)
Rookie of the year: Jaren Jackson Jr., Michigan State
Also receiving votes: Bruno Fernando, Minnesota (1)

First Team All-Big Ten

• Miles Bridges (28)
  • Ethan Happ (28)
  • Moritz Wagner (20)
  • Nate Mason (19)
  • Bryant McIntosh (18)
  • Also receiving votes: Vincent Edwards, Purdue (12); Amir Coffey, Minnesota (2); Nick Ward, Michigan State (2); Carsen Edwards, Purdue (1); Jae’Sean Tate, Ohio State (1); Isaac Haas, Purdue (1); Jordan Murphy, Minnesota (1).

Said it the other night. NW is not deep at all. Whatever happened to Rapolus Ivanauskus? He was supposed to be a good get for them a few years ago.

This gets a maybe out of you?!?!?

There's one thing that's clear and that is Texas Tech's athleticism really bothers NW. The same worry I have about us.

I'd love it if they take a step back but I also know they are the girl with a curl to the league office given they are in Chicago. They will get a lot of breaks in league play. Just like they do in football.

NW goes to Georgia Tech and Oklahoma yet in their non-con. Lots of patsies outside of Valpo for the other non-cons. They could get tagged with 4 non-con losses.

Reactions: Franisdaman
There's one thing that's clear and that is Texas Tech's athleticism really bothers NW. The same worry I have about us.

I'd love it if they take a step back but I also know they are the girl with a curl to the league office given they are in Chicago. They will get a lot of breaks in league play. Just like they do in football.
TCU is just as Athletic as TT and it took a OT to beat Iowa 94-92,

why do people refuse to believe that these players have actually played and beat these so called more athletic teams?

JBo put his number up against these so called better athletes and yet its the same ol BS [just wait].
well how long does it take before the [just wait] shit end?

Why are you always looking to start a fight? Seriously. Every damn thread. Mods can we do anything about him for the tenth time?
as soon as the JUST WAIT crap ends on better athletic teams, that Iowa has faced and beat. Iowa did go 10-8 and finished in tie for 5th in the BT with 1 senior 1 sophomore and 3 FR as starters.
maybe the mods should start banning posters like you,

jesus the season is only 3 game old and posters like you are already ruining the season before it really gets started.

as soon as the JUST WAIT crap ends on better athletic teams, that Iowa has faced and beat. Iowa did go 10-8 and finished in tie for 5th in the BT with 1 senior 1 sophomore and 3 FR as starters.
maybe the mods should start banning posters like you,

jesus the season is only 3 game old and posters like you are already ruining the season before it really gets started.

giphy.gif

Reactions: DougFHawkeye
Northwestern’s problem is their reliance on McIntosh. Not because he’s a poor player, but because he has to do too much. Law is a good 3 and D prospect and Lindsey is a good shooter, but they don’t create things for others.

McIntosh’s percentages will continue to be low because he has to take difficult shots. When the pressure is too much and he has a clunker, games like this will happen.

Northwestern’s problem is their reliance on McIntosh. Not because he’s a poor player, but because he has to do too much. Law is a good 3 and D prospect and Lindsey is a good shooter, but they don’t create things for others.

McIntosh’s percentages will continue to be low because he has to take difficult shots. When the pressure is too much and he has a clunker, games like this will happen.

If NW lacks creators, what does that say about Iowa? Last year Lindsay, Law shot the 3ball really well and McIntosh struggled. I think poor 3ball shooting by their core stars and lack of depth are the two areas that might bite them. Same for Iowa, but we have a very strong post game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT