ADVERTISEMENT

200 buses have applied for city parking on Inauguration Day. 1,200 have applied for the Women’s Marc

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Far more buses have applied to secure parking through the city for the Women’s March on Washington the day after inauguration than for the inauguration itself, D.C.Council member Charles Allen said Thursday.

Allen (D-Ward 6) said at least 1,200 buses have applied for permits to park at RFK Stadium in Washington on Jan. 21, the day of the Women’s March on Washington, while 200 have applied for parking the day before, Inauguration Day. NBC4 first reported the figures. RFK has a capacity of 1,300 buses.

RFK Stadium is the main city-run parking option for charter buses over that weekend. Buses can still find their own parking outside RFK, so these numbers do not necessarily reflect all of the buses that will be headed to the District for inauguration or the Women’s March.

The D.C. Council is scheduled to hold a hearing Thursday on inauguration readiness and logistics.

The District’s Department of Transportation is running the parking and permitting process at RFK and says there are other parking sites in the city at locations such as Union Station and the Navy Yard.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...omens-march/?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.98dc050c06a0

This needed posted under my thread about liberals losing their mind over Trump. No need to start a second thread Ciggy

In fact you could consolidate three quarters of your threads into mine. It would save everybody a lot of headache

I might even put your name in the title

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Where were all these people during the campaign and what do they hope to accomplish now? Instead of going to the inauguration to be laughed at by the people who don't give a rat's ass about them anyway perhaps holding organizational meetings for finding candidates for the next local and state elections would be a more effective use of their time. They need to realize that it's time to pull out the vaseline and bend over because there is nothing the Democrats can do to stop anything the GOP is going to do the next two years at least (even if there were, judging from the amount of "fight" the democrats have put up at the appointment hearings I wouldn't count on them doing very much). Their only hope is to try and flip Congress in the midterms. Hopefully, women will still be allowed to vote in two years.

Reactions: naturalmwa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT