ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Iowa Recruitng Class

ThatsFootball

HR All-State
Jan 3, 2015
Currently (as I type this) Iowa is ranked #56 in the Rivals team rankings, behind powerhouses Northwestern, Rutgers, Minnesota, Indiana, and Illinois. Iowa is only ahead of Purdue and Michigan (I'll let you decide if we really are ahead of Michigan).

Iowa has a 2.71 star average, which is only ahead of Purdue, Rutgers, and tied with Minnesota. For some perspective Indiana and Illinois both have a higher star average.

Here is the list of Iowa recruits and their offers from other Power 5 conferences.

Boyle - None
Cook - None
Daniels - Great list including Alabama and OSU
Falconer - None
Garbutt - Good offer list. Neb, Missouri, WF, Texas Tech, Oregon State
Graham - None
Hockaday - Good offer list. Neb, Missouri, Duke, Illinois, Indiana
Jansen - None
Jinning - Purdue
Nelson - Iowa State
Newborg - None
Ojemudia - Indiana
Ogwo - Rutgers
Paulsen - None
Paulsen - None
Reiff - None
Slater - None
Smith - Good offer list. TCU, Texas Tech, Minn, Iowa State
Vejvoda - None
Waechter - None
Wilson - None

That means with Iowa's current class, only 4 guys had three or more Power 5 conference offers, while 13 had no other offers from P5 conferences. The four guys with a single other offer from a P5 conference chose us over ISU, Indiana, Purdue, and Rutgers.

There's two or three potential all-stars in there. I think we're a contender right now.

The staff is really recruiting well. Hawkeye2222 will be here shortly to post all the 40 times, heights, and weights, and at least 100 reasons why each recruit is a star in the making and why they had no other offers.

Originally posted by Sandow:

The staff is really recruiting well. Hawkeye2222 will be here shortly to post all the 40 times, heights, and weights, and at least 100 reasons why each recruit is a star in the making and why they had no other offers.
Based on his posts over several weeks of my reading them, we should be a consistant 10 win program. TOSU has 14 four star and only 2 two star recruits. I wonder if they know how much trouble they are in?

Originally posted by ThatsFootball:
Currently (as I type this) Iowa is ranked #56 in the Rivals team rankings, behind powerhouses Northwestern, Rutgers, Minnesota, Indiana, and Illinois. Iowa is only ahead of Purdue and Michigan (I'll let you decide if we really are ahead of Michigan).

The worst part about this is the new facilities are either NOT helping much, or if they are helping our recruiting efforts have gone horribly wrong and it would be a lot worse without the new facilities.

Either way, it is hard to be pleased with this result / ranking. Diamonds in the rough do not exist to the same extent they did in the years 2000-2005.

Now, all of that said, if there truly are 3-4 studs in this class and if the rest of them work hard and execute well (basically buy into the KF system) it could work out ok. I'm not buying stock in this program right now, but I'm trying to come up with a bright side somehow... ugh.

Also should point out that 9 of our 21 recruits (43%) are from the state of Iowa. A state which is not known for producing a large number of Division 1 talent every year. Is the state just loaded with talent this year?

its not O$U I am talking about its the teams like these that IA has to beat 1st

Nebraska
Wisconsin
NW
Purdue
MD
IND
Rutgers
Illinois
beat them and the recruiting will improve as the wins improve, as they say winning cures all, just look at what happened after 3 straight 10 win season that 2005 class was rated 11th,

now the question is which came 1st " the chicken or the egg" or in this case Winning or top recruits?

I am not the one living in fantasy land looking to beat out O$U for recruits, I live in the here and now and realize who we have to beat 1st.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

its not O$U I am talking about its the teams like these that IA has to beat 1st

Nebraska
Wisconsin
NW
Purdue
MD
IND
Rutgers
Illinois
beat them and the recruiting will improve as the wins improve, as they say winning cures all, just look at what happened after 3 straight 10 win season that 2005 class was rated 11th,

now the question is which came 1st " the chicken or the egg" or in this case Winning or top recruits?

I am not the one living in fantasy land looking to beat out O$U for recruits, I live in the here and now and realize who we have to beat 1st.
Please do not post your idiotic garbage in my thread. Differing views are welcome but not anything posted by someone with such low intelligence.

Thank you.

To be fair, alot of the Iowa natives committed early, so they probably didn't get much attention elsewhere. But I do agree, that far down is a problem.

For the good ones it's program perception, program perception, program perception, not history, not facilities, not coaching staff, not fans, etc. If the school doesn't have a good football program good prospects look elsewhere.

Originally posted by Eburghawk:

There's two or three potential all-stars in there. I think we're a contender right now.
I see what you did here... Nice MJ reference

Originally posted by Hawkeyenuts66:

I see what you did here... Nice MJ reference
pg2_e_brown_200.jpg

Originally posted by StormHawk42:
To be fair, alot of the Iowa natives committed early, so they probably didn't get much attention elsewhere. But I do agree, that far down is a problem.
Why again would that cause other schools to not give them much attention? If we haven't learned much else today shouldn't we have at least learned that schools will continue to look at recruits until they sign on the dotted line? If anything more schools might have looked into them harder (or even just made aware of them) after committing to Iowa, no?

KF's tenure is winding down, similar to Hayden's... "We have some good boys here."

Not going to be pretty...

Tough to sell "stale" and "predictable"...

At some point, another coach will have to lift Iowa off the mat...

typical class ranking since KF as been here is about 42nd

2013 3 way tie 1335 points to get to 42nd with 1460 points 1 4* recruits would have done that
2014 59th 4 way tie with 1200 points 42nd 1441 points a pair of 5.7 3 * recruits and IA has a normal recruiting class
2015 was 52nd now after losing Higdon they are at 59th with 1170 points and IA get Daniels and keep Higdon and IA has 1380 points 41st has 1410 points

its amazing how easy it is to lie about how bad it is by leaving out some simple facts. as for miller he has had a ax to grind with KF for a very long time going back to the early 2000's and does everything he can to drag KF thru the mud, and yes I have called him on it numerous times.

Originally posted by Pepperman:

Originally posted by ThatsFootball:

The worst part about this is the new facilities are either NOT helping much, or if they are helping our recruiting efforts have gone horribly wrong and it would be a lot worse without the new facilities.

Either way, it is hard to be pleased with this result / ranking. Diamonds in the rough do not exist to the same extent they did in the years 2000-2005.

Now, all of that said, if there truly are 3-4 studs in this class and if the rest of them work hard and execute well (basically buy into the KF system) it could work out ok. I'm not buying stock in this program right now, but I'm trying to come up with a bright side somehow... ugh.
With thousands and thousands of posts I would think someone such as yourself would recognize that the new facilities weren't going to help recruiting this year. As I keep saying, there's plenty to bitch about, why make stuff up?

typical class ranking since KF as been here is about 42nd

2013 3 way tie 1335 points to get to 42nd with 1460 points 1 4* recruits would have done that
2014 59th 4 way tie with 1200 points 42nd 1441 points a pair of 5.7 3 * recruits and IA has a normal recruiting class
2015 was 52nd now after losing Higdon they are at 59th with 1170 points and IA get Daniels and keep Higdon and IA has 1380 points 41st has 1410 points

its amazing how easy it is to lie about how bad it is by leaving out some simple facts. as for miller he has had a ax to grind with KF for a very long time going back to the early 2000's and does everything he can to drag KF thru the mud, and yes I have called him on it numerous times.
What exactly did he lie about again? Are you saying that Miler should have tweeted the following?

2013: 42nd if we got another 4star -- 2014: 42nd if we got 2 more 3stars -- 2015: 41st if we were able to keep Higdon and add another 4 star. My god, you are so full of shit.

Iowa ranks 13th in the Big Ten and 58th Nationally on Rivals
Iowa ranks 13th in the Big Ten and 60th Nationally on 24/7

Makes us all proud doesn't it.

its amazing how easy it is to
lie about how bad it is by leaving out some simple facts. as for miller
he has had a ax to grind with KF for a very long time going back to the
early 2000's and does everything he can to drag KF thru the mud, and
yes I have called him on it numerous times.

LOL! All he did was post the Rivals ranking of the last three recruiting classes. HawkeyeDweeb2222...you are the king of the personal attacks when facts are presented to you. I would have loved to debate your retarded ass in law school, you would have cried yourself into a dark closet with your head in between your arse.

We might be able to get away with all this bad recruiting next season but starting in 2016 the schedule gets much much harder.

Well the veterans are starting to graduate back to form... and the redshirts are developing slower than I thought...

Update:

After it is all said and done, Iowa is currently tied at #58 in the team rankings and next to last in the B10. Thank god for our hated rivals Purdue.

I like the recruits we got from speed states Texas and Florida. 1 WR from Florida, 2 from Texas and 2 LBs from Texas. The Paulsens look to be solid starters someday and the new RB should be productive.

I see it as a typical KF class that he's had success with in the past.

Originally posted by HawkVic:
I like the recruits we got from speed states Texas and Florida. 1 WR from Florida, 2 from Texas and 2 LBs from Texas. The Paulsens look to be solid starters someday and the new RB should be productive.

I see it as a typical KF class that he's had success with in the past.

Success with 10 years ago? This staff isn't having much success with these classes lately. That's the problem. This isn't a typical class either. When was the last time we had 9 recruits from Iowa? 13 recruits with no other offers? Only 4 with other power 5 offers.

sandow what do you call a 2nd place finish in 2013 to BT Champion MSU in the legend division?
I call that being the runner up. Wow 2 years ago we were 2nd out of 6 teams. Did you purchase an Iowa runner up Legends division 2013 t-shirt?

This year 4th out of 7th.

Originally posted by trippnschmidt:

With thousands and thousands of posts I would think someone such as yourself would recognize that the new facilities weren't going to help recruiting this year. As I keep saying, there's plenty to bitch about, why make stuff up?
Yeah, but none of my thousands of posts have been any good
glasses.r191677.gif

Honestly, I'm not sure what I'm missing - are you saying this would be a valid complaint NEXT year because of the length of the recruiting process? I guess I could be wrong if that's what you mean... but I personally know of two recruits who took an unofficial visit back in late 2014 that said they thought Iowa's new facilities were amazing. So I'd tend to think we were trying to show them off on official visits as well?

Originally posted by Pepperman:
Originally posted by trippnschmidt:

Yeah, but none of my thousands of posts have been any good
glasses.r191677.gif

Honestly, I'm not sure what I'm missing - are you saying this would be a valid complaint NEXT year because of the length of the recruiting process? I guess I could be wrong if that's what you mean... but I personally know of two recruits who took an unofficial visit back in late 2014 that said they thought Iowa's new facilities were amazing. So I'd tend to think we were trying to show them off on official visits as well?
Apparently Iowa doesn't have anyone with AutoCad skills to show off the facilities. Kirk must just show them a napkin doodle of what it will look like.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT