ADVERTISEMENT

2016 commit Pemsyl

Originally posted by StormHawk42:
He sounds alot like Niang. If he contributes half of what Niang has since he showed up, I'll be satisfied.
To be clear, you'll be satisfied with these figures over 3 years:

Year one - 6.0 PPG, 2.3 RPG
Year two - 8.3 PPG, 2.2 RPG
Year three (in progress) - 7.6 PPG, 2.7 RPG

These are pretty similar to McCabe, by the way, with a little more consistency and not quite as many rebounds. I think I can live with Pemsl being the next Zach McCabe, as long as he fouls a little less. However, we're going to need somebody who can score, so hopefully we pick up a couple of those types of guys to go with Pemsl, if he is indeed producing these types of numbers.

I suppose I was going beyond statistics as just being an integral part of a great team. But I'm also not expecting Pemsl to light up the gym either. I think he'll be surrounded with enough good players to not have to be a huge producer. But if he turns out to be, then great
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Herby> In that white strip at the top of your screen type "google.com". Press .

Now, below where it says "google" there is a white strip. Type "Cordell Pemsl Video."

Congratulations! You now "have google"!

His knock right now is his overall jumping and running ability but I think he makes up for it with a really good shooting stroke, passing, and overall IQ.

Now if he grows a couple more inches then lookout. Kid is a wide body with added strength should be a good rebounder even given his lack luster vert.

Kind of reminds me as a poor mans Zach Randolf right now.

Wahlert advances in the Iowa tourney defeating 22-2 Waverly as Cordell Pemsl scored 17 points and had 18 rebounds. He held 6-9 UNI recruit Austin Pfyfe to seven points, but Pfyfe sat much of the game in foul trouble.

Originally posted by Habah:
Pemsl is a left Glen Worley.. He will be a role player at best..

Not trying to pick a fight, but you said something similar in the Pemsl thread in the Lounge, also without saying why. Care to support your opinion?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

He isn't athletic enough to play the 3 spot, especially on the defensive end. He will get abused playing the 4 spot though.. His feet are planted on the floor...

Nobody ever said he can dance like Michael Jackson. He is good at what he does, and will get better at it as he gets older. He's 17.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

Pemsyl is supposed to be 6'8 now, sure I would love to see him grow to 6'9 - 6-10 as reports are the Dr's said he has room to grow a couple more inches, even White went into his SR season at 6'6 and came into the PTL at 6'8 3/4 before toping out at 6'9, so the chances are very good that Pemsyl will/could be 6'9 when he gets here. Rakocevic went into his JR season at 6'9 and now is at 6'10, JR Koch at 6'11 was a pretty good PF for Dr. Tom at shooting the 3. plus he was not 250 lb gorilla it seems so many feel that Fran needs to get.

Fran seems to want the fast athletic with solid skills in dribbling and shooting. Uthoff is only 210 lbs at 6'9, Uhl is 198 lbs at 6'8. even White is only 225 lbs at 6'9.
C'mon wild speculation is one thing - now people are inventing shit to make it sound legit.

So you would have us believe that Pemsl's personal physician has publically released private medical records and has given a medical opinion pertaining to his physical condition? Besides more wild speculation, what is your source?

Left handed Glen Worley, where did this clown come from. I love arm chair coaches who know nothing about basketball, can't play but wants to tell everyone why someone is no good. I have seen Cordell and Worley play. He is no Glen Worley.

Originally posted by Habah:
Pemsl is a left Glen Worley.. He will be a role player at best..
The only thing Pemsyl & Worley have in common is that they played Iowa HS basketballl in different classes within 100 miles of each other less than twenty years apart.

A better comparison would by Zach McCabe, except Pemsyl aready is an inch taller at least and has arms at least two inches longer, which McCabe was a good outside shooter & Pemsyl is very tough on the inside. As for their respective careers at Iowa, while McCabe rarely started and earned playing time by hustle & hardnosed effort, Pemsyl will start for two or three years (depending upon who else McCaffery recruits)....and the former Hawkeye he will remind you of most likely will be Greg Brunner. He isn't a wide body, but he is very well physically developed---the long guy with the long arms of McCaffery's apparent preference.

Watch hom on Mediacom for the third time tonight, matched against the 6-10 sophomore Phyfe from Waverly-Shell Rock. Phyfe is a more advanced than most HS Iowa big men, especially given his tender age. Has some nice moves, and positioned himself wel defensively---blocked at least three shots of Pemsyl. It also should be pointed out that Pemsyl has bertter teammates, and the D.W. team has played much better opposition in mostly games against 5A teams.

Nonetheless, I can't imagine Phyfe becoming the player that Pemsyl aready is well on his way to becoming.
Pemsyl seems like Brunner-cloned. He is a different sort from Adam Woodbury, and his fuure is not in the post. But IMO he looks like the best PF in Iowa since Brunner.

By my count he had 17 points & 19 rebounds tonight in a first round tournament game (depending upon whether he gets credit for taking down the closing missed shot of the game). When Phyfe was in the game with him, he boxed the taller kid out & controlled the boards....but like many awkward kids outgrowing themselves Phyfe picked up bad fouls and not just against Pemsyl.

Not to come to Kilroy's defense here..... But, The rumors on Pemsl's projected growth did come from is physician, thru Cordell himself. He was quoted as saying his doctors note that his growth plates are still open, and he is still growing. This is from an article on BHGP.
He may reach 6'10". Either way he has good size and good skill Now. He is a well balanced player, for sure. And he will only get quicker, more skilled, bigger and stronger in the next year & a half before he hits campus... I am stoked he is heading our way.

On Iowa!

Cordell Pemsl

Thanks HawkeyeGuy!

th

Something to do with Cartilage which acts as a filler until growth is complete. OK...so one of our post guys could be right in our lap.
smile.r191677.gif
About time, as Illinois and Wisconsin each saw a guy grow two inches for them last year. Here are a couple looks at Bo Ryan:

Notice the healthy blue glow from an x-ray taken two years ago, and the complete crystallization that has occurred since. His Mom always told him his face would freeze like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT