ADVERTISEMENT

2018 early commits.

With Dallas joining this class I have to say this class,on paper anyway, rivals that class of 2005. Of course, the proof in the pudding is how well they perform on the field when they get their chance. I think we will look back in a few years from now and say the 2018 class was the one that propelled the Iowa program to the next level.

Reactions: RogerKint
With Dallas joining this class I have to say this class,on paper anyway, rivals that class of 2005. Of course, the proof in the pudding is how well they perform on the field when they get their chance. I think we will look back in a few years from now and say the 2018 class was the one that propelled the Iowa program to the next level.
This class may be Top 30 or 35, but 2005 was Top 10 or close to it with 1 5* and 7 4*.

yeah. No different than usual. vandeberg signed too. Sounds like he may join the team as a walk on in the Summer and Fall and then would be on scholarship after that or sooner depending on transfer etc.

Grayshirts by rule can't be part of the team before January, and can only be a part time student.

This PC article about Clayberg talks about him taking 11 hours of classes and working out on his own.

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...claybergs-time-iowas-lone-grayshirt/92780854/

Iowa has used the technique to essentially delay Clayberg’s scholarship until next semester, which starts Jan. 17, 2017. It’s commonly used by programs that over-sign recruits and don’t have scholarships available, taking a signee but pushing their eligibility clock back.

Prospective players can’t take full-time classes or officially join the program if they want all four (or five) years of action, which is why Clayberg is acclimating to campus, but only taking 11 credit hours.

Gotcha, good point, forgot about Meerkat although with him a ride opened up in July-ish and he reported as a full scholly player in camp IIRC. Tough to keep up with all this! What advantage does a pref walk on have vs. traditional walk-on? Earlier camp time? Training table?

I think ARob was also a grayshirt who had a scholarship open up in the Summer.

PWO are guaranteed a spot for the 105 who go to August camp.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT