ADVERTISEMENT

2018 recruiting

Seriously? No one beats PSU this yr, even if they have a bad meet.
I wouldn't say that. tOSU will have a very strong team outside of 133 if Nato goes 125. If PSU sends 4 to the finals and has 7/8 AA's, I believe they take the title. Anything less than that and tOSU has a very, very solid shot. I believe both teams amass over 130 points.

Edit to add that if Suriano returns to PSU, then it's PSU's to lose.

Lee and warner need to red shirt. Warner gifted young man but wrestling 197 in college is man job. I could see lee go if he had great midlands and is 100 % healthy.

Didn't Kolin Moore handle Warner pretty easily at Junior trials? Probably best to shirt him.

I wouldn't say that. tOSU will have a very strong team outside of 133 if Nato goes 125. If PSU sends 4 to the finals and has 7/8 AA's, I believe they take the title. Anything less than that and tOSU has a very, very solid shot. I believe both teams amass over 130 points.

Edit to add that if Suriano returns to PSU, then it's PSU's to lose.
Pletcher at 133 is what allows Tomasello to drop to 125.

I can understand the impulse to go all-in with Lee and Warner if PDIII is coming on board and it looks like Iowa has a puncher's chance at the title. I believe both PSU and tOSU have to have a big point-scorer go down with a season-ending injury (or something else) for that puncher's chance to materialize, though.

Even then, the entire move blows up if PDIII, well, blows up (which has above-average probability). Yes, the all-in discussion is interesting for discussion's sake, but I wouldn't dare pull any shirts prior to late January or early February. See what the landscape looks like at that time -- who knows, maybe there will be moves to be made.

If you put Lee, Sorenson, Kemmerer, and Downey into the finals - I'm not sure its a 3rd place trophy. 125 is very weak this year with Cruz and Lizak as top two returning place winners.

Plus, I think you always put your best team on the mat. Holding people back is not the best strategy because anything can happen in this sport. Lee and Warner will be there for 4 years and will have plenty of chances to win individual and team championships. With Lee and Warner, their success will not be measured in college wrestling - they both have bigger aspirations.

This is my opinion. Iowa is strong in the same places as PSU. If Iowa did this, I think it makes tOSU the favorite to win. That's why I would do it!

I like your excitement around the team and lineup, but with said, Lee and Warner wont wrestle next year.

If suriano does return next year, PSU could very easily have 6 guys in the finals. I am afraid, nothing that any team does this season will stop that train.

In '18, '19 and '20? Hell yeah bring it on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT