ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Iowa Baseball News

I still think they are going to figure this out and be pretty dangerous by the time conference play rolls around. This team is made up of 50% new guys this year, Fullard has been hurt, and non conference was set up to be tougher. I think with all the new faces it’s just going to take a little longer to sort everything out.
Did Fullard get hurt again? He started that first Irvine game, went 0-2 and hasn't been in the lineup since.

I agree with you that they will figure it out, but they need a guy or two who can come in and close the door with no free bases. I have bullpen concerns now that Nedved and Langenberg are both in the rotation.

I’m hearing Friday’s game against Texas Tech has been cancelled (assume double header or Sat,Sun, Mon). Big series!!!

Maybe a two game series works in our favor. Mazur and Nedved starting (that’s what I’m assuming) puts guys like Langenberg and Schultz into bullpen and that’ll strengthen bullpen up. I realize Texas Tech gets same advantage. Just nice to have so many arms to choose from. Bullpen has some players. They just need to be more consistent and confident. Winning this weekend will certainly help with confidence.

Maybe a two game series works in our favor. Mazur and Nedved starting (that’s what I’m assuming) puts guys like Langenberg and Schultz into bullpen and that’ll strengthen bullpen up. I realize Texas Tech gets same advantage. Just nice to have so many arms to choose from. Bullpen has some players. They just need to be more consistent and confident. Winning this weekend will certainly help with confidence.
I'm not opposed to using Mazur then Nedved in 2 or 3 innings of relief if it meant a win.

Reactions: jhawks55
Good win today. Solid pitching, finally got some clutch hitting with RISP, and we didn’t make any silly errors. 17 K’s helps with that

I think this is the longest neck on a human I've ever seen, even more than Merton Hanks.

Reactions: 2bagger22
ADVERTISEMENT