Oct 27, 2017
My Chart as of now...

Can WinCan hit ExactaCan Only hit TriCan Only hit Super
3- Epicenter1- Mo Donegal8- Charge It2- Happy Jack
12- Taiba5- Smile Happy15- White Abbarrio7- Crown Pride
6- Messier11- Pioneer of Medina16- Cyberknife13- Simplification
10- Zandon19- Zozos
9- Tiz the Bomb

Some interesting stats to chew on to start.

Horses with a form rating of less than 50% are 1-for-123 in the Derby over the past 30 years. The only winner — Country House (2019)
— got the victory via disqualification.
2022 qualifiers: Classic Causeway, Un Ojo, Charge It, Rich Strike, Golden Glider, and Rattle N Roll.

Derby entrants that recorded a positive last-race ESR (+1 or greater) are 3-for-126 since 1992. Sea Hero (1993), Thunder Gulch (1995), and Street Sense (2007) were the three winners.
2022 qualifiers: Zandon, Mo Donegal, Happy Jack, Rich Strike, Rattle N Roll, and Skippylongstocking.

Since 1992, horses that went to post at odds of 15-1 or greater in their last pre-Derby start are 0-for-79, with just four in-the-money
finishes, in the Run for the Roses.
2022 qualifiers: Un Ojo, Summer Is Tomorrow, Happy Jack, Pioneer of Medina, Rich Strike, Skippylongstocking, and Golden
Glider.

Only one horse — Big Brown (2008) — with 8 Quirin Speed Points has won the Kentucky Derby since 1992.
2022 qualifiers: Classic Causeway, Early Voting, Messier, and Pioneer of Medina.
No horse with fewer than three lifetime starts has ever won the Kentucky Derby.
2022 qualifiers: Taiba.

Since 1992, Derby entrants that recorded a poor LSR (-15 or less) in their last prep are 1-for-93 in the Derby (Mine That Bird, 2009).
However, they have produced a 19.5 percent ROI when bet to place.
2022 qualifiers: Crown Pride, Simplification, Classic Causeway, Un Ojo, Summer Is Tomorrow, Charge It, Happy Jack, and Bye
Bye Bobby.

Horses that lost running position from the first to second call in their final prep are just 1-for-64 in the Kentucky Derby since 1997, returning
an average of just two quarters and a penny for every $2 bet to win.
2022 qualifiers: Zandon, Classic Causeway, Un Ojo, Happy Jack, In Due Time, and Ethereal Road.

Horses that gained at least one running position from the first to second call have won nine of the last 29 renewals of the Run for the
Roses, returning $2.63 for every two bucks bet to win.
2022 qualifiers: White Abarrio, Mo Donegal, Tiz the Bomb, Cyberknife, Tawny Port, Barber Road, Rattle N Roll, and
Skippylongstocking.

Over the past 30 years, horses that met or exceeded the Derby pace par (-10 ESR) in their last start went on to win the roses five times
(in 46 attempts), producing a 106.5 percent ROI.
2022 qualifiers: Summer Is Tomorrow and Bye Bye Bobby.

In the past 30 years, six horses (of 40) won the Kentucky Derby after recording an LSR of -5 or greater and an ESR of less than 0 in their
final prep, producing profits across the board.
2022 qualifiers: Epicenter, Tiz the Bomb, Early Voting, and Zozos.

Horses that went to post at 5-1 odds or greater in their debut have produced a 30.9 percent ROI to place since 1992.
2022 qualifiers: Epicenter, Zandon, White Abarrio, Mo Donegal, Tiz the Bomb, Crown Pride, Simplification, Classic Causeway,
Barber Road, Un Ojo, Summer Is Tomorrow, Happy Jack, Ethereal Road, Rattle N Roll, and Skippylongstocking

Last edited:
Kentucky-Derby-Traditions.jpg

My early Chart (Added to OP)

10- Zandon19- Zozos
9- Tiz the Bomb

@coloradonoles
@St. Louis Hawk
@NLHawkeye88
@Greenway4Prez
@Derekd3408
@EvilMonkeyInTheCloset
@Fan In Black
@hawkeyez
@An Iowa fan
@fredjr82

OK fellas. Had to go back and look at the Breeders Cup chip in thread. I've named those who were in and those who might have wanted to be in.

We will do $20 shares (5 shares max). So, if you send $60 you'll have 3 shares of however many we end up with. Don't feel pressured to buy more than one. Obviously the more shares we have the bigger the ticket. I will be in for 5 most likely.

Depending on how many we have in will determine what we will play. All initial money will go towards a trifecta and superfecta. I found some of you back in my Venmo from last time and I will request from you if needed.

Venmo- jakemac51

• Love
Reactions: Greenway4Prez
@coloradonoles
@St. Louis Hawk
@NLHawkeye88
@Greenway4Prez
@Derekd3408
@EvilMonkeyInTheCloset
@Fan In Black
@hawkeyez
@An Iowa fan
@fredjr82

OK fellas. Had to go back and look at the Breeders Cup chip in thread. I've named those who were in and those who might have wanted to be in.

We will do $20 shares (5 shares max). So, if you send $60 you'll have 3 shares of however many we end up with. Don't feel pressured to buy more than one. Obviously the more shares we have the bigger the ticket. I will be in for 5 most likely.

Depending on how many we have in will determine what we will play. All initial money will go towards a trifecta and superfecta. I found some of you back in my Venmo from last time and I will request from you if needed.

Venmo- jakemac51
In and paid!

So far- $420
@FAUlty Gator - 5 shares
@St. Louis Hawk - 5 shares
@NDallasRuss - 4 shares
@NLHawkeye88 - 3 shares
@coloradonoles - 2 shares
@Greenway4Prez - 2 Shares

I put some tickets together last night and we should be able to play a 3 dollar trifecta and a 50 cent super and hope a bomb hits third or fourth.

I'm gonna be using 3- Epicenter, 6, Messier, 8 Charge It and 12 Taiba in the 1st place slot. I may single Mo Donegal in 3rd and 4th on a couple Super tickets as well. Gameplan is in. Just waiting for the window to open!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chishawk1425
So far- $340
@FAUlty Gator - 5 shares
@NLHawkeye88 - 3 shares

I put some tickets together last night and we should be able to play a 3 dollar trifecta and a 50 cent super and hope a bomb hits third or fourth.

I'm gonna be using 3- Epicenter, 6, Messier, 8 Charge It and 12 Taiba in the 1st place slot. I may single Mo Donegal in 3rd and 4th on a couple Super tickets as well. Gameplan is in. Just waiting for the window to open!
Can I get in on this??

My Chart as of now...

10- Zandon19- Zozos
9- Tiz the Bomb

Some interesting stats to chew on to start.

Horses with a form rating of less than 50% are 1-for-123 in the Derby over the past 30 years. The only winner — Country House (2019)
— got the victory via disqualification.
2022 qualifiers: Classic Causeway, Un Ojo, Charge It, Rich Strike, Golden Glider, and Rattle N Roll.

Derby entrants that recorded a positive last-race ESR (+1 or greater) are 3-for-126 since 1992. Sea Hero (1993), Thunder Gulch (1995), and Street Sense (2007) were the three winners.
2022 qualifiers: Zandon, Mo Donegal, Happy Jack, Rich Strike, Rattle N Roll, and Skippylongstocking.

Since 1992, horses that went to post at odds of 15-1 or greater in their last pre-Derby start are 0-for-79, with just four in-the-money
finishes, in the Run for the Roses.
2022 qualifiers: Un Ojo, Summer Is Tomorrow, Happy Jack, Pioneer of Medina, Rich Strike, Skippylongstocking, and Golden
Glider.

Only one horse — Big Brown (2008) — with 8 Quirin Speed Points has won the Kentucky Derby since 1992.
2022 qualifiers: Classic Causeway, Early Voting, Messier, and Pioneer of Medina.
No horse with fewer than three lifetime starts has ever won the Kentucky Derby.
2022 qualifiers: Taiba.

Since 1992, Derby entrants that recorded a poor LSR (-15 or less) in their last prep are 1-for-93 in the Derby (Mine That Bird, 2009).
However, they have produced a 19.5 percent ROI when bet to place.
2022 qualifiers: Crown Pride, Simplification, Classic Causeway, Un Ojo, Summer Is Tomorrow, Charge It, Happy Jack, and Bye
Bye Bobby.

Horses that lost running position from the first to second call in their final prep are just 1-for-64 in the Kentucky Derby since 1997, returning
an average of just two quarters and a penny for every $2 bet to win.
2022 qualifiers: Zandon, Classic Causeway, Un Ojo, Happy Jack, In Due Time, and Ethereal Road.

Horses that gained at least one running position from the first to second call have won nine of the last 29 renewals of the Run for the
Roses, returning $2.63 for every two bucks bet to win.
2022 qualifiers: White Abarrio, Mo Donegal, Tiz the Bomb, Cyberknife, Tawny Port, Barber Road, Rattle N Roll, and
Skippylongstocking.

Over the past 30 years, horses that met or exceeded the Derby pace par (-10 ESR) in their last start went on to win the roses five times
(in 46 attempts), producing a 106.5 percent ROI.
2022 qualifiers: Summer Is Tomorrow and Bye Bye Bobby.

In the past 30 years, six horses (of 40) won the Kentucky Derby after recording an LSR of -5 or greater and an ESR of less than 0 in their
final prep, producing profits across the board.
2022 qualifiers: Epicenter, Tiz the Bomb, Early Voting, and Zozos.

Horses that went to post at 5-1 odds or greater in their debut have produced a 30.9 percent ROI to place since 1992.
2022 qualifiers: Epicenter, Zandon, White Abarrio, Mo Donegal, Tiz the Bomb, Crown Pride, Simplification, Classic Causeway,
Barber Road, Un Ojo, Summer Is Tomorrow, Happy Jack, Ethereal Road, Rattle N Roll, and Skippylongstocking
Have followed horse racing this year, but Mattress Mac in Houston is running his usual promotion that if I spend over $3,000 and the favorite wins that I get my furniture for free. Is the favorite that strong?

Have followed horse racing this year, but Mattress Mac in Houston is running his usual promotion that if I spend over $3,000 and the favorite wins that I get my furniture for free. Is the favorite that strong?
No. Wide open race. Favorite comes off the pace. The winner is usually in the front group at second call.

Right now I have tickets drawn up with a total cost of $440 (I will buy an extra share if no one has an issue with it)

Tickets look like this...

$2 Trifecta Key Box ($120)
3, 6 w/ 1,2,5,8,9,10,11,12,18,19

This means that BOTH the 3 (Epicenter) and the 6 (Messier) MUST come in the top 3. The other horse needs to be one of those other numbers listed. Best case scenario is that the longest shot of those wins and the 12 and 3 come in 2nd and 3rd. That will pay well over $5000 for us.

$1 Superfecta ($160)
1st place- 3,6,8,12
2nd place- 3,6,8,10,12
3rd place- 1
4th place- w/2,3,5,6,8,9,10,11,12,15,18,19

1 Superfecta ($160)
1st place- 3,6,8,12
2nd place- 3,6,8,10,12
3rd place- 2,3,5,6,8,9,10,11,12,15,18,19
4th place- 1

The 1 (Mo Donegal) is a great closer but is in the worst possible post position. Over 80% of the 3rd and 4th place horses in the past 40 years have come from the back and closed into the money (not the winning spot though). Mo Donegal is the perfect horse in the perfect crappy position for this to happen. He's probably too screwed to win, but is one of the better horses with one of the best jockeys (Irad Ortiz Jr.) and should easily pick off a bunch of these coming home. Just gotta hope he doesn't come in first or second (although we have used him in the tri so can still win there). Hope this makes sense.

If we get more money in by then we can play a big exacta with some bombs.

So far- $420 (21 Total Shares)
@FAUlty Gator - 5 shares
@NDallasRuss - 4 shares
@NLHawkeye88 - 3 shares
@ThorneStockton - 3 shares

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT