ADVERTISEMENT

2023 NCAA Wrestling Interactive Bracket

LutherAce

HR All-American
Oct 31, 2002
Here she is...enjoy the scenario testing!

Please download a copy to your local computer before entering in any data.

If you see something, say something. I'm only available until 330pm tomorrow to make any updates, and then I'm out of pocket until Wednesday night, so any bracket re-draws or injury news is probably not going to happen before it starts...although, some of you are smart enough to figure out how it's all linked. (Hint: WeightClassList and Full List Alpha tabs is where 98% of any changes will happen.)

Thanks for the download. This is my first time using “interactive brackets” and although having been involved with wrestling for close to 60 years and going to well over 30 nationals tournaments… my only experience is with good ole traditional ‘paper’ brackets. So can someone explain how interactive brackets work. Since it is loaded on the computer does this mean brackets automatically update themselves?

Thanks for the download. This is my first time using “interactive brackets” and although having been involved with wrestling for close to 60 years and going to well over 30 nationals tournaments… my only experience is with good ole traditional ‘paper’ brackets. So can someone explain how interactive brackets work. Since it is loaded on the computer does this mean brackets automatically update themselves?
in the yellow cells, but the result and it will advance the wrestlers and assign points.

d-decision
m-major
t-tech
f-fall/forfeit/dq

it's manual but it allows you to run the tournament before it actually happens and do the if/then

Reactions: 07mantle
Nice spreadsheet! Why does your Team Prediction tab assign 0.5 to 32-seeded wrestlers? They are all pigtails seeded for 1 Champ bracket win, ergo 1 point. (It also assigns 0.5 to the 33 seeds who should be 0.)
back in the day, each weight had a different insertion point of the pigtail match winner so i just assigned to everyone past 16...it changed probably 2 years ago and i haven't updated it because it's so insignificant.

figured i would give benefit of the doubt that there would be an upset somewhere along the way...

Again, nice spreadsheet, but other than #32, nobody seeded below 24 should be receiving the 0.5 predictive point they are getting.
30, 32, 33 would be the only ones since 30 seed is now the match with loser of 32/33.

Great work on all of it! (32 over 33 in CH0, 30 over 33 in WB0... why do you include 33?)
alens.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT