ADVERTISEMENT

2023 qb cole teschner

Quintana

HR All-American
Oct 18, 2011
Over the Hills and Far Away
so i'm flipping thru youtube shorts when this video pops up. i looked him up in the database and yep; no stars, no offers... but lo and behold he just had a visit today (11/13) to Iowa. looks like he has some skills. anyone know anything about this dude from schaumburg?
kr8t4slrddnbsnb2lmvc

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I think Iowa needs to rethink their scholarships distribution for QBs. Taking one QB each year does not foster enough competition. We all know KF will never start a true or redshirt freshman, so you really only have 2-3 QBs competing for the job in any year where the starter isn’t returning. Perhaps if the took two QBs every year, or at least every other year. most likely, whoever loses the competition will leave anyway. Or many dual threat QBs are capable of playing another position.

• Haha
Reactions: hawkhockey
Kirk will never start a freshman because it takes a couple years for kids to learn the offense from the quarterback standpoint. I don't know why Iowa coaches can't just read the defense from the sideline while the kids are at the light of scrimmage like every other school does instead of putting all that on the quarterback. Spencer Petras probably knows more about reading defenses then the majority of other college quarterbacks, however that knowledge does him no good when he's not a good D1 quarterback.

Kirk will never start a freshman because it takes a couple years for kids to learn the offense from the quarterback standpoint. I don't know why Iowa coaches can't just read the defense from the sideline while the kids are at the light of scrimmage like every other school does instead of putting all that on the quarterback. Spencer Petras probably knows more about reading defenses then the majority of other college quarterbacks, however that knowledge does him no good when he's not a good D1 quarterback.
Maybe so. I've seen glimpses of better decisions and throws when given some time but watching games the past several years Lamar Jackson would be compromised behind this line of swinging doors. Would it be nice if SP had more mobility? Sure it would, but if you haven't noticed lately the only thing the O-line has been doing is showing up to help pick 7 up off the ground after being lit up.

It starts up front. Always has and always will with the QB's we generally have on the roster. Just my opinion.

Maybe so. I've seen glimpses of better decisions and throws when given some time but watching games the past several years Lamar Jackson would be compromised behind this line of swinging doors. Would it be nice if SP had more mobility? Sure it would, but if you haven't noticed lately the only thing the O-line has been doing is showing up to help pick 7 up off the ground after being lit up.

It starts up front. Always has and always will with the QB's we generally have on the roster. Just my opinion.
Too bad they could not have impressed Max Duggan because his mobility could have worked behind Iowa's bad OL, although I don't know how interested Kirk really was when recruiting him as he does not fit the mold of Iowa's QB's.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT