ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Softball

Nia Carter to Arkansas.

Oklahoma's ace pitcher Jordy Bahl in the portal wanting to play "closer to home" She's from Omaha and was an original Nebraska commit.

Nia Carter to Arkansas.

Oklahoma's ace pitcher Jordy Bahl in the portal wanting to play "closer to home" She's from Omaha and was an original Nebraska commit.

It's highly rumored she will be joining the Huskers. That'd be quite a coup.

Didn't we have a situation a couple of seasons ago where we alternated two catchers, and they both ended up leaving? I think Marissa Peek was one of them.

Don’t want to say name before they announce on their own. Probably shouldn’t have said anything until they do. It just surprised me. And I will say a part time starter, but a big loss. Big bat.
B1G play she hit .241 with one HR. Never even earned a fulltime starting position. We'll be alright.

Reactions: Jcchawk
I'm bummed to see Tristan leave. It always seemed she had the ability to get a big hit and was good behind the plate.

Anyone know where Emma, Anna and Kalena ended up?

Reactions: MossHawk6
Didn't we have a situation a couple of seasons ago where we alternated two catchers, and they both ended up leaving? I think Marissa Peek was one of them.
2 years ago we alternated between Peek and Doster, not sure before then.

B1G play she hit .241 with one HR. Never even earned a fulltime starting position. We'll be alright.
I know I could look, but do we have a catchers coming in this years class? Can't remember?

Pogue is very good behind the plate, hopefully the bat comes around. First year is a transition, expect she will.

But, other than Pogue, don't think we even have 1 inning played. That could be a problem?

This is going to become the norm. Players that aren't starters will look for other opportunities. It's always been the norm just amplified with the portal and NIL now.

i believe some people just don't like the new coaching staff and want to make some of these transfers a bigger deal than they really are.

Reactions: LinusPF
This is going to become the norm. Players that aren't starters will look for other opportunities. It's always been the norm just amplified with the portal and NIL now.

i believe some people just don't like the new coaching staff and want to make some of these transfers a bigger deal than they really are.
Definitely not trying to make it a bigger deal then what it is but losing someone who started over 70 games the last 2 years, at a position that is very thin, is a concern.

But agree, it looks like this may start to be the norm, unfortunately.

Definitely not trying to make it a bigger deal then what it is but losing someone who started over 70 games the last 2 years, at a position that is very thin, is a concern.

But agree, it looks like this may start to be the norm, unfortunately.
I apologize as I didn't mean to just point that comment at you. In general lots of people overreact when someone leaves. I think some of it is human nature but it's reality these days. We also get plenty of transfers in.

i think the team overall made a ton of progress this year and the roster will continue to change a lot every year. We just all have to get used to that.

Reactions: MossHawk6
I apologize as I didn't mean to just point that comment at you. In general lots of people overreact when someone leaves. I think some of it is human nature but it's reality these days. We also get plenty of transfers in.

i think the team overall made a ton of progress this year and the roster will continue to change a lot every year. We just all have to get used to that.
No worries! What weird is, I don't think the transfer rules have changed all that much for softball. I think you could transfer more freely then other sports even before the new rules. And I don't think people leaving or coming are getting any NIL. I think, its just easier now. The "stigma" has been lifted, so we will being seeing a lot more transfers. Like you said, expect a lot of roster turn over from here on out. Makes it tough for the coaching staffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT