ADVERTISEMENT

2024-25 Men's Non-conference schedule

Schedule so far as to what's been reported:

Iowa is hosting an "MTE" this year featuring South Dakota and 2 other buy games to kick off the year on 11/4, 11/7, and 11/14.
Iowa is hosting Rider on 11/19.
Iowa v Utah State on 11/22 in Kansas City
Iowa is hosting New Hampshire on 12/2
Iowa v ISU in Carver on 12/12
Iowa hosting New Orleans on 12/15
Iowa v Utah in Sioux Falls on 12/21

That's 9 of the 11 games that are already announced in some ways. 2 games left to be announced.

Not liking all the home games, South Dakoda, Iowa St, and Utah are the only teams so far with a pulse, only Utah at a neutral site.
Iowa needs a little more competition to get the team ready for the Big Ten, I was hoping Iowa would not go back to the Tom Davis era of scheduling.:rolleyes: but it appears that is now a possibility.

It doesn’t have to be a lot of mid to high P5 either just avoid the horrid teams

Reactions: sober_teacher
What sucks tho is they need better nonconference games at home to help draw fans in.
I get it, but they also are playing their "MTE" at home this year instead of the normal Thanksgiving tournament on a neutral. Think of the Utah and Utah State games as drivable neutral court MTE games because that's essentially what these games replaced on the schedule.

Reactions: sober_teacher
I get it, but they also are playing their "MTE" at home this year instead of the normal Thanksgiving tournament on a neutral. Think of the Utah and Utah State games as drivable neutral court MTE games because that's essentially what these games replaced on the schedule.
I get it, and like I said before, there’s a whole host of reasons why attendance is a problem.

Just getting tired of playing the Alabama States of the world.

I get it, and like I said before, there’s a whole host of reasons why attendance is a problem.

Just getting tired of playing the Alabama States of the world.
Would you rather play Alabama and get rolled by 25 on national TV?

You have to be competitive to play competitive opponents.

Would you rather play Alabama and get rolled by 25 on national TV?

You have to be competitive to play competitive opponents.
there's a large gulf b/t top 50 and bottom 50 opponents.

But it's also true that if you want to help improve attendance, part of the solution needs to be scheduling games against better competition.

There are plenty of Missouri Valley teams they could schedule instead but dont seem to for one reason or another. There are other BIG10 teams doing home and home series but Iowa never seems to do that either. SAD really.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT