ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Concert Plans

Not really a concert guy, mainly because of the distance I have to travel to go to good ones. But the ND State Fair is in my town and Turnpike Troubadors is coming this year. Can’t remember the last time I was this excited to see a concert.

As of right now, as my schedule fills out, I will add more.

Feb - Cannons
Tesla

Mar - Brantley Gilbert
Carrie Underwood

Apr - Dirty Heads
Rolling Stones

May - Rockville Festival

Jun - Iowa Speedway (NASCAR)

Jul - Loserville Festival

Are you going to the pixies/MM at vibrant in Waukee?

One of the jobs I picked up is at Vibrant Music hall. I'll go to these and whatever else they add:
20240206-131501.jpg

That's just upcoming, Scotty McCreery f.ucking sucked. He spent more time talking than playing and would play a cover foe like a minute and then stop and talk again. The week before flatland calvary was there and they put on a good show.
I had no idea that rapey eyed bastard was still a thing. He creeped me out on American Idol.

Loved concerts in my younger days but I just can't deal with the crowds anymore.

Oldmanshakesfistatcloud.gif

Last edited:
What do you guys have planned for this year? I keep seeing tour dates getting filled in and have made a few plans. All local so far, probably not going to be traveling too far or seeing any giant stadium shows. Am sort of tempted by a camping/overnight festival.

March
Greensky Bluegrass
Mihali
JJ Grey & Mofro

June
Robert Plant and Alison Krause

July
Stick Figure
July, Foo Fighters, Target Field

Reactions: McLovin32
Good luck on Indy tickets. That is the make-up show from last years tour. All tickets are sold, so Fan-to-Fan likely won't start showing up to closer to the date. That's what we're counting on, then to Chicago!
I got Indy tickets from last time.

As of now:

March
Hank Williams Jr
Dallas Symphony Orchestra: Chopin & Shostakovich

May
Hamilton
Brit Floyd: PULSE - Celebrating the 30th anniversary of The Division Bell (Pink Floyd tribute show)

Actively looking for others in the area
I always try to see Brit Floyd every year... I really liked their old guitar player Bobby Harrison but Edo Scordo has gotten better the last 3-4 years... MASTER MUSICIANS

My wife and I just saw them in Omaha in November...

Last edited:
Reactions: NDallasRuss
June: Justin Timberlake in Chicago

August: Thomas Rhett at the Iowa State Fair

October: Taylor Swift in New Orleans

Hoping to make a Dustin Kensrue show.

Possibly Jimmy Eat World (opening for Fall Out Boy) in Des Moines.

How was that LIVING COLOUR show??..
A lot of late 50 white males bobbing their heads to the music. Seemed like they kinda lost the crowd about an hour in so it felt flat for awhile. Covered Prince’s Nothing Compares to you and Played some Sugar Hill Gang tunes including Rappers Delight. Closed with Cult. It was decent and can appreciate guys in their 50’s and 60’s still wanting to jam. I really like Corey’s voice and can see why he has toured with Galactic in the past

Reactions: blackbones
Was stoked to see that English Beat is coming to Lincoln in July, then looked at the price, cheapest I saw was 239😬 saw them at the waiting room in Omaha 2 years ago and tickets were 35 through the venue. **** the secondary market

May 4 Dubuque County Fairgrounds at Vintage Torquefest- Big Sandy and his Fly-Rite Boys, Deke Dickerson and several others.

This event features a lot more than just music. There’s a demolition derby, 100s of American hot rods, rat rods, bombs, and other assorted antique vehicles, mini bike races, pin up contest, vintage only campers, vintage only swap meet, art auction and a sales/ business pavilion (pin up photography, vintage and repo clothing, decor etc)

1. Roy Donk

2. Paul Bufano

3. Marcus “The Worm” Hicks

May - Bad Religion/Social Distortion

Aug - Green Day/Rancid/Smashing Pumpkins

And I just found out I'm going to miss BR/SD in May. I'll be at FLETC during it. So I'm just a little ticked, wanted to catch that show more than Green Day/Rancid, which I still get to see.

Went to Orlando Monday night to see The Eagles. Steely Dan opened. We all know tons of their song and they are a jam band. He had 3 back up singers who helped with the higher notes.

The Eagles. Just fantastic. They sounded amazing. Vince Gill can seriously sing and is an excellent guitar player. Glenn Fry's son did a nice job. He doesn't have the same tone of Glenn but it's close. The 5 guitars playing was really good. Don Henley was great and Joe Walsh was well Joe Walsh. Glad I got to see them one last time. They have been together for 51 years. I wonder how many times they have played Hotel California over the years. They didn't miss a beat.

Last edited:
P. O. D. with Bad Wolves and Norma Jean in May at the hard rock.

Went to Orlando Monday night to see The Eagles. Steely Dan opened. We all know tons of their song and they are a jam band. He had 3 back up singers who helped with the higher notes.

The Eagles. Just fantastic. They sounded amazing. Vince Gill can seriously sing and is an excellent guitar player. Glenn Fry's son did a nice job. He doesn't have the same tone of Glenn but it's close. The 5 guitars playing was really good. Don Henley was great and Joe Walsh was well Joe Walsh. Glad I got to see them one last time. They have been together for 51 years. I wonder how many times they have played Hotel California over the years. They didn't miss a beat.
I really wanted to go see Eagles when they were in Omaha but my wife had been ill and couldn't go.

• Sad
Reactions: ericram
May
Shaky Knees Music Festival in Atlanta - Noah Kahan, Arcade Fire, Queens of the Stone Age, Weezer, Foo Fighters, etc.

June
Pixies and Modest Mouse

July
Styx and Foreigner

August
Green Day and Smashing Pumpkins
Weezer just announced new tour dates (with Flaming Lips and Dinosaur Jr.), so it looks like I'll be seeing them here in Nashville again in September.

May - Billy Strings and Knocked Loose in Minneapolis and I also might try and hit Modest Mouse at Vibrant. My girlfriend (no pics) mentioned hitting a festival down in Oklahoma with some smaller bands?

Summer - I want to hit a festival but not sure on one yet. Maybe Infrasound or The Soulshine Experience?? I'll also try to hit whatever gets announced for a Pretty Lights tour or maybe I'll try and catch one of his festival sets depending on what gets announced.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
May - Billy Strings and Knocked Loose in Minneapolis and I also might try and hit Modest Mouse at Vibrant. My girlfriend (no pics) mentioned hitting a festival down in Oklahoma with some smaller bands?

Summer - I want to hit a festival but not sure on one yet. Maybe Infrasound or The Soulshine Experience?? I'll also try to hit whatever gets announced for a Pretty Lights tour or maybe I'll try and catch one of his festival sets depending on what gets announced.

I'm thinking I'm going to try and get some people together for sol shine, the old summer camp.

• Love
Reactions: Bonnell20
I saw 2 tribute bands the past 2 weeks.

One was for Guns and Roses the other was Led Zeppelin.

Good shows both!

That's probably it for me until next year.

What was their names? I bet the tribute band for GnR was pretty good.

When "Axl" came out wearing a kilt, I knew it was time to rage.

• Haha
Reactions: ericram
What do you guys have planned for this year? I keep seeing tour dates getting filled in and have made a few plans. All local so far, probably not going to be traveling too far or seeing any giant stadium shows. Am sort of tempted by a camping/overnight festival.

March
Greensky Bluegrass
Mihali
JJ Grey & Mofro

June
Robert Plant and Alison Krause

July
Stick Figure
Avett Brothers in Moline
Violent Femmes in Peoria
Ellie King in Davenport

These are my next 3

Avett Brothers in Moline
Violent Femmes in Peoria
Ellie King in Davenport

These are my next 3
I just looked up the tour schedule of the Avett brothers.

The night before Moline they’re playing with trampled by turtles. The night after Moline they are playing with Houndmouth. Both of those are fantastic live bands.

So they’ve not announced who they’re playing with or in Moline just yet… but that’s going to be hard to beat.

I always try (other considerations permitting) to catch Lyle Lovett and His Large Band at Wolf Trap in August. (Checks calendar....ooooh, they're appearing with Preservation Hall Jazz Band this year!)

(Checks calendar more broadly....oooooh, Beethoven's 9th on 7/12!)

Reactions: NewVicHawkeye
I'm thinking I'm going to try and get some people together for sol shine, the old summer camp.
I've never gone but I've always wanted to. I've hit Electric Forest, Bonnaroo, Astral Lights, and Wakaan but those catered more to the electronic stuff I was into but I've been way more into the jam band side of things over the last few years and that lineup is stacked.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
I've never gone but I've always wanted to. I've hit Electric Forest, Bonnaroo, Astral Lights, and Wakaan but those catered more to the electronic stuff I was into but I've been way more into the jam band side of things over the last few years and that lineup is stacked.

Yeah, the lineup is really really appealing. I've never been, but the camping situation seems pretty good too.

The rodeo would be a good place to see him because the concert is only 30 minutes - so he'll just roll through the greatest hits. The acoustics at NRG are not great, but it's still a good time. Make sure to make it early enough for the mutton bustin' and the calf rope.

The concerts at HLSR are ~60 minutes, not 30.

The acoustics at NRG are horrendous but it is a good time. Might be the worst acoustics I have ever heard. Minute Maid is terrible also if the roof is closed.

Totally agree mutton bustin' and calf rope are must see entertainment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT