ADVERTISEMENT

2025 Big Wrestling tournament

Based on the rotation I would guess Northwestern for next year.

2024 - Maryland
2023 - Michigan
2022 - Nebraska
2021 - Penn St
2020 - Rutgers
2019 - Minnesota
2018 - Michigan State
2017 - Indiana
2016 - Iowa
2015 - Ohio State
2014 - Wisconsin
2013 - Illinois
2012 - Purdue
2011 - Northwestern
2010 - Michigan
2009 - PSU
2008 - Minnesota
2007 - Michigan State
2006 - Indiana
2005 - Iowa
2004 - Ohio State
2003 - Wisconsin
2002 - Illinois

Looks like Maryland didn't announce it until March 5th last year, so likely have to wait until this weekend to find out for sure.

2024 - Maryland
2023 - Michigan
2022 - Nebraska
2021 - Penn St
2020 - Rutgers
2019 - Minnesota
2018 - Michigan State
2017 - Indiana
2016 - Iowa
2015 - Ohio State
2014 - Wisconsin
2013 - Illinois
2012 - Purdue
2011 - Northwestern
2010 - Michigan
2009 - PSU
2008 - Minnesota
2007 - Michigan State
2006 - Indiana
2005 - Iowa
2004 - Ohio State
2003 - Wisconsin
2002 - Illinois
Oh boy. Sure hope they dont have any Covid and cancel.

Is it too early for Brands to get our 2025 entries submitted?
The athletic department should hire someone on salary whose one and only job is to correctly submit the postseason entries to the coaches rankings and big ten since it seems that's beyond the current staff's capabilities.

Reactions: PSU James
I'm thinking 2025 will be at PSU. They lost out on the covid year.
Then NU 2026.
There was never a year without a B1G Tournament. They still had it. Just tough luck there weren't spectators. St. Louis didn't get a gimee for NCAAs having limited fans that year.

Reactions: Hwt1
What year did they miss due to Covid?
B1Gs were in State College in 2021 but without fans in attendance. PSU fans are upset that they didn't get to attend in person the year that they hosted, so they feel the conference will make it up to them by inserting PSU back in the rotation again soon.

The venue at Northwestern is newly remodeled Welsh-Ryan Arena, but it’s very small with seating capacity around 7,000. Nationals next year are in Philadelphia!
Okay im familiar with welsh Ryan, but I did not know if that was where they would hold it. I may go to both but if I have to choose one, I will be at the nationals next season. Philly is about 3hrs from me and I can eat cheesesteak for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the Reading market is packed with good eats. That said I have never been to Chicago and I know there some awesome eats there also.

Okay im familiar with welsh Ryan, but I did not know if that was where they would hold it. I may go to both but if I have to choose one, I will be at the nationals next season. Philly is about 3hrs from me and I can eat cheesesteak for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the Reading market is packed with good eats. That said I have never been to Chicago and I know there some awesome eats there also.
I'll be happy to direct you to some good places. One good thing about Chicago, anyway.

Reactions: Grip220

Skip the cheesesteaks and search out some roast pork with sharp provolone and broccoli rabe.

Of course, every Iowa fan worth their salt needs to go to George’s in the Italian Market neighborhood for the TnT sandwich.

Skip the cheesesteaks and search out some roast pork with sharp provolone and broccoli rabe.

Of course, every Iowa fan worth their salt needs to go to George’s in the Italian Market neighborhood for the TnT sandwich.

Woah dude, this is not my first rodeo. I can eat tree or four of those pork sammies in one sitting, I prefer the cheesesteak. Now we can have an entire 2 hour conversation on where to go for said sandwitches.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
I’ve had confirmation from one of the Northwestern wrestling staff members that they will be hosting the 2025 Big Ten Wrestling Championships on March 8 & 9, 2025! Go Hawks!
So I’ll see you and three Ferraris there? I’m only 7 miles away.

Reactions: hawks150
Too bad for them.
Unfortunately I heard they are hosting again in 2026 which is BS. They did a horrible job the last time. Allowing grade school and junior high girls to have basketball practice in the same gym as the team camps(while the teams were there). Keep in mind the teams were being tested twice a day for Covid at this tournament. Also making teams wait outside in weather with snow flurries for at least 30 minutes due to security acting like we were Americans entering the Gaza strip. It seems as though they cried enough to get it again. I hope I'm wrong, but this source would normally know.

Unfortunately I heard they are hosting again in 2026 which is BS. They did a horrible job the last time. Allowing grade school and junior high girls to have basketball practice in the same gym as the team camps(while the teams were there). Keep in mind the teams were being tested twice a day for Covid at this tournament. Also making teams wait outside in weather with snow flurries for at least 30 minutes due to security acting like we were Americans entering the Gaza strip. It seems as though they cried enough to get it again. I hope I'm wrong, but this source would normally know.

Ridiculous. Minnesota lost out on hosting the NCAA tournament that year. As we know, the tournament was cancelled altogether, so it's not just the fans who lost out.

I don't see Minneapolis back in the rotation anytime soon for hosting nationals.

Why is PSU getting to host a second time in about 5 years when Minnesota (which of course is a relatively short drive for Iowans) doesn't get to host it once?

I understand they're different tournaments, but both are post season NCAA tournaments.

Ridiculous. Minnesota lost out on hosting the NCAA tournament that year. As we know, the tournament was cancelled altogether, so it's not just the fans who lost out.

I don't see Minneapolis back in the rotation anytime soon for hosting nationals.

Why is PSU getting to host a second time in about 5 years when Minnesota (which of course is a relatively short drive for Iowans) doesn't get to host it once?

I understand they're different tournaments, but both are post season NCAA tournaments.
That would be a shame if Minneapolis doesn’t get another shot soon. I also think it’s highly likely they do . I for one wouldn’t want to sit in the upper deck at us bank to watch wrestling but people will.

2024 - Maryland
2023 - Michigan
2022 - Nebraska
2021 - Penn St
2020 - Rutgers
2019 - Minnesota
2018 - Michigan State
2017 - Indiana
2016 - Iowa
2015 - Ohio State
2014 - Wisconsin
2013 - Illinois
2012 - Purdue
2011 - Northwestern
2010 - Michigan
2009 - PSU
2008 - Minnesota
2007 - Michigan State
2006 - Indiana
2005 - Iowa
2004 - Ohio State
2003 - Wisconsin
2002 - Illinois
Did they confirm Northwestern 2025 at the end of the tournament in Maryland?

That would be a shame if Minneapolis doesn’t get another shot soon. I also think it’s highly likely they do . I for one wouldn’t want to sit in the upper deck at us bank to watch wrestling but people will.

That was going to be my first in person ncaa tournament. Still sad about that.

snow flurries? for at least 30 minutes?
oh, the horror.
acusnoflake

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
snow flurries? for at least 30 minutes?
oh, the horror.
acusnoflake
Hey bozo don't you have some traffic you can play in? They made all the athletes wait outside for extended periods. Each time I read a post by you I think your username is Scrotum. And wouldn't you know it every one of your posts reads like a scrotum posted it.

• Haha
Reactions: Inthecircle
For some non scrotum troll news, there's a real chance the season gets pushed back a month in the near future. I don't think it will have the increased fan support they hope, but only time will tell. @west2east could probably dig into this for timelines, or when the next vote would take place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT