ADVERTISEMENT

23 wins

Because you don't bet money on Iowa. That's why. ;)
On the Podcast, both Tom K and Matt agreed that they wouldn't bet $ on the Hawks also. :) Very happy with a 23 win season so far, and who knows? The biggest thing to me is that, going into this game we had one player with NCAA Tourney experience. Now, we have an entire team with experience!

On the Podcast, both Tom K and Matt agreed that they wouldn't bet $ on the Hawks also. :) Very happy with a 23 win season so far, and who knows? The biggest thing to me is that, going into this game we had one player with NCAA Tourney experience. Now, we have an entire team with experience!
The experience factor worried me too. Especially in the first half when we were making nervous mistakes. But I’ll be damned if Joe and Luka didn’t look like seasoned vets out there.

I left Bohannon out because we already know he has bigger balls than anyone else in the tourney. Dude just lives for clutch moments.

For me, any wins beyond today are gravy. This season has been very enjoyable, and very frustrating at times, but definitely more enjoyable than last year. The B1G is tough! The meat grinder schedule paid dividends today. I fully expect to see TC back next year with JT, Pat and an improved Nunge. If they can make the same incremental improvement defensively going into 2019, that they made coming into this season, 2019 could be a very special year with a team poised for a deep tournament run.

A number of posters said that anything less than an NCAA bid + at least one tourney win would be a disappointment for them. Well, now they have it.

Iowa exceeded my expectations in the preseason but did about what I expected in the B1G, especially with how tough it ended up being top to bottom. I never thought that Rutgers would end up being one of the tougher teams by the end of the season. Props to their coaching staff and players!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT