ADVERTISEMENT

The Acolyte

My twin sister wants to go be a Jedi, my reaction is to try to kill her and set fire to a stone building that kills all these witches that can use the force/thread. High quality stuff

My twin sister wants to go be a Jedi, my reaction is to try to kill her and set fire to a stone building that kills all these witches that can use the force/thread. High quality stuff

If you think that’s all that happened I think you’re not paying attention.

i honestly don't understand the negative reaction so far

Neither do I.

It's not like the best star wars ever or anything like that but it seems like a solid addition thus far.

I actually like it more than Asoka but that might be because I never watched the clone wars cartoon and parts of it with like the space creatures and her getting on the wing of her ship and destroying another ship mid flight had me rolling my eyes.

No way in heck that that is the actual story. We'll probably find out the Jedi started the fire.

Also doesn't it seem a little odd that one crazy enraged little girl starts a fire and a whole place full of grown adults all die in the process? Like none of them ever managed to try to put out the fire or attempt an evacuation?

The whole thing seems a little odd. If your kid went pscyho and started a fire in your home you would think you would become aware of it and would either be able to put it out or at the very least get your family out. But this girl starts a fire and that whole group of adults just gets roasted by it with zero people escaping?

There is probably more to it. Seems very suspicious.

Reactions: ISUBryceC
I would absolutely destroy that fluffy little fu——er.

"Bring it! I'll kick your a.. oh damn it!"

img.gif

• Haha
Reactions: torbee
17% audience score on rotten tomatoes at the moment. It seems the people aren't interested in lesbian space witches. Fascinating that only the far leftists are glazing it.

17% audience score on rotten tomatoes at the moment. It seems the people aren't interested in lesbian space witches. Fascinating that only the far leftists are glazing it.
You seem very invested in this. You must be a big Star Wars fan.

You seem very invested in this. You must be a big Star Wars fan.
Before Kathleen kennedy butchered the series I was. Sad to see what team Disney had done to the franchise. Sorry the mass outrage is triggering you though. Hope you enjoy the next South Park mocking this nonsense.

You seem very invested as well, why do you care?
I grew up on the books. I don’t like Kathleen Kennedy, but the hatred of the Acolyte has crossed over largely because of the lesbian witches and black protagonist.

Where was this energy for The Book of Boba Fett?

I'm not sure that there is any evidence that they are lesbian. And quite frankly thus far the question of if they are or not wouldn't really affect the story line.

I'm not a Kennedy fan either because the last 3 star wars movies were terrible. And part of the reason although far from the main part is that there was clearly an attempt to instead of just having a strong female lead throw in weird girl power messages. I wouldn't even say that's the main reason they suck but that's a big part.

No problem with female leads or black female leads. But just be the lead character. No need to break the 4th wall by throwing in weird girl power messages.

No one when running from danger gets upset and snaps at someone because someone helped them to their feet. No one when facing danger turns down a weapon to defend themselves because "I can' take care of myself."

Disney is tainted now in the eyes of certain sections of the population. It's like if UF fans found out that all of the writers/producers were FSU alums, most UF fans would automatically hate the show and go out of their way to express it.

I'm not sure that there is any evidence that they are lesbian. And quite frankly thus far the question of if they are or not wouldn't really affect the story line.
You mean the all female coven where one woman birthed the kids created by another woman inside of her (this wasn't dialog by accident lol) may not be implied lesbians to the audience? Quite the stretch but okay lol how rid you like that stone building that lit on fire in seconds btw? Was that great writing/plot or what?

You mean the all female coven where one woman birthed the kids created by another woman inside of her (this wasn't dialog by accident lol) may not be implied lesbians to the audience? Quite the stretch but okay lol how rid you like that stone building that lit on fire in seconds btw? Was that great writing/plot or what?

It's all female coven but so is wonder woman's group that she was born into.

And George Lucas already established in Episode 1 that a person can be conceived by the power of the force. Because Anakin was.

I'm not ruling out that there will be clear references to lesbianism in the future or we may learn more about the twin's conception that might involve something like that. I'm just saying I think you are reading more into it than necessary and Wonder Woman who was a character invented I think in the freaking 1930's came from an all female group.

It's all female coven but so is wonder woman's group that she was born into.

And George Lucas already established in Episode 1 that a person can be conceived by the power of the force. Because Anakin was.

I'm not ruling out that there will be clear references to lesbianism in the future or we may learn more about the twin's conception that might involve something like that. I'm just saying I think you are reading more into it than necessary and Wonder Woman who was a character invented I think in the freaking 1930's came from an all female group.
What do you think of the stone structure that burned down in minutes after being exposed to a flame?

Back when the writing was good?
giphy.gif

I'm not saying the writing on this was excellent but he was clearly thinking back to when he grew up on a sand world and was a literal slave. Probably colors his view of it.

I could see a person who grew up in that situation casually mentioning to someone he doesn't like sand.

Why would one assume they're gay when the interviews go like this lol

Meh I don't like her because she's obviously got an agenda that falls far outside of just producing great TV/movies.

That said I just judge the show on it's merits and not one what people have said about it.

I feel like their hatred of her has basically colored people's views to just hating anything that Disney releases in star wars.

Reactions: hawkirugged17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT