ADVERTISEMENT

24 year old man needed double lung transplant, wishes he'd been vaccinated

Lots of them

H1N1 has lots of variants, including those that hit us "recently" in the past decade.
Y'know.....the ones you claimed "could not possibly be more virulent", but WERE more virulent.
Nope, you haven't shown that have you. You went by total numbers. Simpleton

....changes when a large portion of your most vulnerable population get vaccinated.
......also doesn't take those into account thsoe that were sick and didn't get a test thus under reported cases. Oh and let's not take into account how many are getting covid but have been vaccinated. Your argument sucks

Now, find the CFR for the SAME POPULATION DEMOGRAPHIC being infected NOW, vs. for the early variants.

#Doesn'tUnderstandThePointHere
You find it if you think you've got a point. Make an argument with data that's not your opinion for once.

Your chart says Delta CFR is 0.3% (0.2% to 0.5% range) for "28 day followup"

Currently YOUNG adults and CHILDREN make up MOST of the cases.
So, what were CFRs for the early Covid variants in those age groups?

5-17 yrs: 0.011%
18-29 yrs: 0.043%
30-49 yrs: 0.135%
40-49 yrs: 0.365%

0.3% is monstrously HIGH
if we're claiming MOST (80%) of the new cases are in YOUNG PEOPLE. Alpha was <0.05% for that demographic.
LOL! Do you realize you just contradicted yourself between posts? Once again the variant is LESS deadly than the original. So, how about you stay on topic? Oh and what about the unreported cases? Yeah that's what I thought.

I don't know if this is true or not. Could be. But if people are more easily infected, the net death toll could still be higher.

And keep in mind that death toll is not the only measure of harm the virus can cause. Economic damage and long term health impairment are other non-trivial harms.

Do you have a link for your claim about the lower fatality rate? I'd like to see some real data.

I found this interesting graph showing R0 for some common diseases:

reproduction_number_diseases.png

I just gave you the graph from the UK. I'm not exactly sure what more you would like.

This is pretty interesting. I missed it earlier.

I wish I knew how much the vaccines (and improved treatments) are influencing the numbers for the more recent variants.
There are articles around this explaining that, but I won't post them because people on here will consider them right leaning sites and simply not read the data and discount it because of the source and not the actual data. However, considering the Israel article I just posted and the amount of cases they have had with vaccinated people, it's safe to say the vaccine is hardly foolproof.

LOL! Do you realize you just contradicted yourself between posts? Once again the variant is LESS deadly than the original.
That's NOT what I posted.

What I posted shows you the Delta variant is MORE deadly in the demographic it is currently infecting.

0.3% is a HIGHER number than any of those demographic groups experienced early in the pandemic.

#It'sNotTheSame
It's not even funny anymore...it's just sad. Why don't you explain how evolution works differently? A pathogen ...any pathogen...that is easily transmitted (and also has a lengthy incubation period) is most assuredly NOT limited in virulence. Why would it be? A more virulent pathogen has an evolutionary advantage as detailed above. So you either explain in detail why it can't evolve to become more virulent or you admit you're full of shit as usual.

There are other dangers with the shot; perhaps much more dangerous ones.

The proper path would have been weight loss, sunshine, O2, therapeutics, etc. The horse has left the barn now, though. Kinda late to slam the door.

A study of Marek’s disease virus in poultry? Well shit that settles it.

• Haha
Reactions: TheCainer
LOL! Do you realize you just contradicted yourself between posts? Once again the variant is LESS deadly than the original. So, how about you stay on topic? Oh and what about the unreported cases? Yeah that's what I thought.

Here's another report:

England
Based on a record linkage of sequence-confirmed Delta and Alpha cases in England tested between 29 March 2021 and 23 May 2021 and with hospitalisation data up until 5 June 2021, a preliminary analysis of 43,338 sequenced cases was performed to assess the risk of hospitalisation and emergency care attendance. Using stratified Cox proportional hazard regression, there was a significantly increased risk of hospitalisation within 14 days of specimen date (HR 2.26, 95% CI 1.32-3.89, p=0.003), and emergency care attendance or hospitalisation within 14 days (HR 1.45,95% CI 1.08-1.95, p=0.015), for Delta cases compared to Alpha cases after adjustment for confounders (age, sex, ethnicity, area of residence, index of multiple deprivation, week of specimen date, vaccination status and international travel within 14 days prior to specimen date).

And another summary delineating your COMPLETELY FALSE CLAIM:

Reactions: TheCainer
A study of Marek’s disease virus in poultry? Well shit that settles it.
True, that was the basis of their discussion. But it pertains more to how it can/could affect other species and to it’s potential lethality.

Besides, this is HROT and the subject is covid so the obvious inference to Chicken Little seemed appropriate.

Evolution is ABSOLUTELY the same in both cases.
Wrong it's not the same evolution, two completely different organisms.
E6cGLuFXoAEPHW8

Exactly what I've just told you.

This is NOT data nor does it back up your claim as usual.
Go check out the thread I'd started for you, pointing out your "ivermectin study" is a complete FRAUD.
Sorry you're just flat out ****ing wrong about Ivermectin bonehead. Meta-analysis on RCT which is irrefutable and the top standard for evidence also confirms.

I've given you every piece of info to learn that for yourself.
It's there. Go learn to read.
There is NO information you've given other than your own words. Link up or STFU.

You seriously cannot read. The data display the OPPOSITE. Delta is MORE serious in the younger age groups.
You are an IDIOT! I gave you the data and you tell me I can't read. You give me your bullshit comments with NO backup. Seriously you have a problem.

Here's another report:

England
Based on a record linkage of sequence-confirmed Delta and Alpha cases in England tested between 29 March 2021 and 23 May 2021 and with hospitalisation data up until 5 June 2021, a preliminary analysis of 43,338 sequenced cases was performed to assess the risk of hospitalisation and emergency care attendance. Using stratified Cox proportional hazard regression, there was a significantly increased risk of hospitalisation within 14 days of specimen date (HR 2.26, 95% CI 1.32-3.89, p=0.003), and emergency care attendance or hospitalisation within 14 days (HR 1.45,95% CI 1.08-1.95, p=0.015), for Delta cases compared to Alpha cases after adjustment for confounders (age, sex, ethnicity, area of residence, index of multiple deprivation, week of specimen date, vaccination status and international travel within 14 days prior to specimen date).

And another summary delineating your COMPLETELY FALSE CLAIM:

You're a ****ing dumbass. From your own link. "The CFR of the Delta variant is low for the general population, around 0.2%" Oh and nice that you link stupid shit from "Lead Stories" as fact checking. One of the most egregious liberal sites out there. There is NO data out there saying Delta is worse. Covid is acting like EVERY other respiratory virus in history, it gets weaker as it mutates just like the viral evolution theory . It's absolutely UNBELIEVABLE that you continue to try and go against the science with your stupidity.

It's not even funny anymore...it's just sad. Why don't you explain how evolution works differently? A pathogen ...any pathogen...that is easily transmitted (and also has a lengthy incubation period) is most assuredly NOT limited in virulence. Why would it be? A more virulent pathogen has an evolutionary advantage as detailed above. So you either explain in detail why it can't evolve to become more virulent or you admit you're full of shit as usual.
Why don't you explain it ****head? I've already shown you information on it. Bacteria and viruses are two vastly different organisms. Go do your own reading and stfu for once.

Why don't you explain it ****head? I've already shown you information on it. Bacteria and viruses are two vastly different organisms. Go do your own reading and stfu for once.
Damn...you were told to do the same long ago. You should have heeded my advice. Humans and bacteria are also "vastly different" organisms. Oak trees and amoebae are "vastly different". And all are very different from each other. You seem to be proposing "vastly different" modes of evolution for each.

Fascinating.

Really.

Last edited:
Damn...you were told to do the same long ago. You should have heeded my advice. Humans and bacteria are also "vastly different" organisms. Oak trees and amoebae are "vastly different". And all are very different from each other. You seem to be proposing "vastly different" modes of evolution for each.

Fascinating.

Really.

One evolution is "survival of the fittest"

The other is "whatever some message board idiot says it is"
👀

Fascinating.

Really.
Never once did I say that. You once again have a reading comprehension issue. That's what's really fascinating.

Yes, it is.

Evolution is evolution, buddy.
No, buddy. If that was the case, then why are you arguing that variants are more deadly while the science says they are not for respiratory virus? Seems to me that evolution isn't just evolution. Simpleton

Why don't you? You can't disprove a single thing said.

There aren't "Different Evolutions"

Different mechanisms? Sure
Different drivers? Yep

There are currently MILLIONS of different Covid variants out there. We have about 5 or 6 that are "variants of concern"

Never once did I say that. You once again have a reading comprehension issue. That's what's really fascinating.
It's exactly what you've claimed. Multiple times. So why don't you explain why a virus that is easily transmitted with a long incubation period is constrained from becoming more virulent. Just explain how that is prevented by evolutionary principles. Should be simple.

(BTW, that you have now limited your claim to "resporatory viruses" didn't pass unnoticed. So now, I suppose, they possess an evolutionary mechanism that differs from all other viruses. Fascinating. Really.)

Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT