ADVERTISEMENT

3/13 Bracketology

Shhhhhh don't tell the board that yesterday's loss didn't matter. They're in the zone.

Originally posted by wyohawk:
Shhhhhh don't tell the board that yesterday's loss didn't matter. They're in the zone.
It was only eight spots in the RPI. Good thing the committee doesn't look at RPI. Oh wait, they do? Your right now way yesterday's loss could affect tournament seedings.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Do people realize there are going to be 3 other number 1 seeds outside of Kentucky . Everytime the subject of falling to the 8/9 comes up we are automatically going to be playing Kentucky for some reason.

Originally posted by IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life:
It's the luck of Iowa basketball, they are going to be matched up with Kentucky. Just how the cookie crumbles....
We will look like Alfords UCLA team when they were getting curb stomped by 40 too.

I would take Lunardi's or Palms brackets right now. Omaha!!! and 7 seed.

Originally posted by hawkcub:
Do people realize there are going to be 3 other number 1 seeds outside of Kentucky . Everytime the subject of falling to the 8/9 comes up we are automatically going to be playing Kentucky for some reason.

Do you realize how unlucky this program has been for decades now? If an 8 its Kentucky, book it.

Heres a few bracketology sites that I have seen us at:

The OP's (Lunardi): 7 seed
CBS Sports: 7 seed vs. 10 Georgia
NCAA Bracket.: 7 seed
Kenpom: 7 seed vs. 10 Dayton
USA Today: 8 seed vs. 9 Colo State 1 seed being Kentucky
CollegeSports: 8 seed vs. 9 Colo State 1 seed being Villanova

If Iowa is in the 8/9 game and manages to win the first one, I wouldnt mind seeing Villanova as the 1 seed in the 2nd round.

Originally posted by EpenesaEpenesa:
If Iowa is in the 8/9 game and manages to win the first one, I wouldnt mind seeing Villanova as the 1 seed in the 2nd round.
I agree. No doubt about it.

How I would want to play the 1 seeds: Nova, Virginia, Duke, Kentucky

I wouldn't pay any mind to what seed Lunardi has, nor the bracket he has the Hawks in, as it likely won't be correct.
You NEVER KNOW what the committee is going to do, especially when it comes to brackets.

Originally posted by hawkeye ball:

People keep saying that but they must not follow Villanova. They are playing lights out and absolutely curb stomping teams.. Not to mention what 12 top 50 wins?

Originally posted by Hawkeyestate81:

Lunardi still has Iowa as a 7 but we are at the mercy of a lot of other teams now. Look at that draw, sign me up for that right now!!!!!!!

https://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
Why do you idiots care what seed we are? According to the morons on here we have crap coaches and players so we are going to lose first round anyways and you dipshits will be on here crying like you were surprised we lost.

Originally posted by IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life:
It's the luck of Iowa basketball, they are going to be matched up with Kentucky. Just how the cookie crumbles....
I love how you guys are acting like it is a given that Iowa wins their first game. Reading this board it would take a miracle to make it out of the 1st round so why worry about their seed?

Originally posted by SotaHawk87:

People keep saying that but they must not follow Villanova. They are playing lights out and absolutely curb stomping teams.. Not to mention what 12 top 50 wins?
I think it's because teams like Virginia and Villanova really aren't followed by most, and all people know is that we defeated the former at their building and shoulda/coulda/woulda beat the later in overtime in the case of Villanova over the past 2 seasons. Very possible that someone hasn't seen these teams play since.

Originally posted by BeepBeepInMyJeep:

I think it's because teams like Virginia and Villanova really aren't followed by most, and all people know is that we defeated the former at their building and shoulda/coulda/woulda beat the later in overtime in the case of Villanova over the past 2 seasons. Very possible that someone hasn't seen these teams play since.
Considering the basketball IQ on this board around seeding and the rest of college basketball you're probably spot on. After all, Iowa's loss yesterday knocked us down to a 12 seed.

Nova is still a good team, as they are a one seed. Iowa would still have a very tough time getting a win. As you are questioning how I ranked them, I think Kentucky just has too many studs. We would have way too many weaknesses against that team.

As for Duke and Virginia: The ACC has so many good teams and its like the Big 12. These two teams play good teams day in and day out. They are battle tested. And the Hawks wouldn't want to go up against Coach K I don't believe.

And Nova: Yes they curb stomped Marquette who is last in the conference at 4-14. Other than their last two games they have played a close game then had a blow out win. And that repeated for quite a few games. I don't think the Big East is all that tough either. I see it as the Big 10. I think Nova should win big in all these conference games if they are going to prove they are the best 1 seed to me. You could make the same statement for Kentucky. Kentucky is in a much easier conference as well and still has had some close games.

For now, this is how I am going to stay with my rankings of the 1 seed.

General question about seeding; Does the overall number 1 seed get bracketed with the worst number 8 seed? The worst number 9 seed? Obviously they get paired up with the worst 16 seed first, but after that how does it shake out?

not sure. some one said it goes along these lines

1st best #1 seed
2nd
3rd
4th
then the 4th best gets the 5th best and so forth just like and conference Tourney does, so by going by that, yes they get the lowest rated team out of every 4 teams.

I've seen overall #1 seeds play teams that were not playing in Dayton on Tuesday. Not sure about 8/9 seed because the pod system. But overall #1's are always in a region where 2-4 are the weakest of their respective seeds.

This post was edited on 3/13 12:29 PM by hawkcub

We lost to the 10, 11, and 13 seeds from the big 10 in the last 4 weeks so maybe it does not matter where the Hawks get seeded.

Colorado State is Larry Eustachy's team. Not sure I would want to play them.

So do we root for Wisconsin to get a #1 seed, so there are only six 8-9 spots we're eligible for? Or does that mean we'd have a 33% chance of getting UK instead of 25%?

Out of the four 1 seeds I would want to play Nova first as well.....and yes I've followed them and seen them play in person.

Those of us who were nervous yesterday b/c we didn't know how many other upsets would occur later in the day. Hopefully another day like yesterday. PSU winning today for example would be good for our seeding (won't be a "bad loss" if they crack the RPI top 100)

Originally posted by wyohawk:
It still may. This is just Joe Lunardi's prediction.

Originally posted by eddie4star:

Originally posted by Hawkeyestate81:

Lunardi still has Iowa as a 7 but we are at the mercy of a lot of other teams now. Look at that draw, sign me up for that right now!!!!!!!

https://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
Why do you idiots care what seed we are? According to the morons on here we have crap coaches and players so we are going to lose first round anyways and you dipshits will be on here crying like you were surprised we lost.
Oh for crying out loud, give it a rest.

This post was edited on 3/13 1:19 PM by TampaHawkfan

Duke will get the South region. I don't think they'll send us that way.

East is possible but Midwest and West are most likely if we get the 8.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT