ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

I heard John Wooden say he wasn't concerned about TOs. He said he expected 12-13 TOs a game from his teams. He wanted his teams to push it and he didn't want them playing it safe. You cannot grow as a team and as a player without taking some chances.

CC is such a great player in large part because she never plays it safe. IMO her TOs are just fine. Gotta have a few head scratchers in there.
Yeah, but John Wooden was a crook.

It is a much different looking team. Can they keep it up?

If the playoffs started today, the Fever would be the #8 seed. They are 1/2 game out of the #7 seed (Atlanta), 2 games out of the #6 seed (Phoenix) and 3 games out of the #4 seed (Seattle).

Reactions: VodkaSam
If she gets top ten, she's in the all star game.. amazing

No - in the context of fan voting

Top 10 automatically make the all-star game.. Olympic players are already on it.. so right now there are 5 non-olympians in the top 10. So she needs to pass brink who just got hurt and hamby. Doable!

Clark, Boston, Arike, Reese and Martin being those 5 players would be awesome

Another No.

Have to be in the top 10 to make it, yes, but top ten. It’s not the top ten of non Olympic players…top ten. Only going to be a handful that are automatically in the team.

The fan votes are only half the vote.

The WNBA players vote as well and count for 25% of the vote.

Media that covers the WNBA get the other 25% of the vote.

Going to be tough for Kate to get enough support from the players and media to make the top 10 to be automatically selected.

The Dallas Wings really stink. They started 3-2, now they are 3-12. They lost to the Mystics today by 28 points. The Fever play them for the first time on July 17th, the last game before the Olympics break.

Last edited:
Indiana congressman Jim Banks has had enough. He sent a letter to the WNBA requesting that the league take action.
In a letter addressed to Cathy Engelbert, Commissioner of Women's National Basketball Association, Banks wrote:

Like many Hoosiers, I have watched in admiration as the Indiana Fever have captivated a national audience following their selection of Caitlin Clark as the first overall pick in the 2024 WNBA draft. As a father, it has been heartening to see my three young daughters more excited about and inspired by the WNBA than ever before.
As you know, Clark has shattered on court and viewership records for women’s basketball. Unfortunately, since joining the WNBA, Clark’s exceptionalism has been met with resentment and repeated attacks from fellow players.
During the Fever’s win over the Chicago Sky on Saturday, Chennedy Carter went out of her way to knock Clark to the floor while neither player had the ball. Further, the excessive attack was visibly cheered on and supported by Carter’s teammate Angel Reese.
Indiana is a basketball state. We don’t wince at aggressive defense, but this was not an example of playing “tough”; it was a cheap shot that could have resulted in an injury and should not be tolerated.
While the foul was retroactively upgraded to a flagrant, there appears to be no further punishment for Carter or the Chicago Sky organization beyond fines related to a lack of media appearances after the game.
Every data point shows, when Caitlin Clark plays, more people watch and what they are seeing right now is a league that refuses to hold hostile players accountable and enforce their own rules of sportsmanship.
It is not only a disservice to Clark and the Indiana Fever, it’s a disservice to the millions of young girls who are watching with dreams of playing in the WNBA one day.
In a 2019 interview with The Athletic, you said that one of the “three pillars” you were focused on was the “player experience,” including “health and well-being, wellness, mental health and all that.”
I believe you meant it back then and you have a chance to prove it now.
As such, I request answers to the following questions by next Friday, June 14th, 2024:
  • What steps is the WNBA taking to curb excessive physical targeting of specific players?
  • Will individual organizations be held responsible for allowing players with histories of violence to physically target their competitors?
  • Do you believe that WNBA players repeatedly diminishing the talents of their fellow players is beneficial to the leagues’ overall success?
  • Do you believe that it is inspiring to young female athletes to see players like the Indiana’s Caitlin Clark physically targeted for her success?

Indiana congressman Jim Banks has had enough. He sent a letter to the WNBA requesting that the league take action.
In a letter addressed to Cathy Engelbert, Commissioner of Women's National Basketball Association, Banks wrote:
America must be absolutely in a much better place than four years ago, if this is the type of stupid shiz a US Congressman has time to worry about.

Well, a president spent a lot of his time trying to get a WNBA player back from Russia, so apparently the WNBA is important enough.
American citizens held by dictatorships on trumped up charges are usually a pretty big deal to the US State Department. We’ve gotten five back from Iran in the last calendar year alone. And while it isn’t a dictatorship, there was that dumbass we freed that was stupid enough to carry ammo in his luggage that we just saved.

Watching the Phoenix Mercury & Minnesota Lynx.
I cannot in good consiousness select Brittany G. & Diana T to the Olympic team. Their form is horrible and neither is deserving. The eye test does not lie.

38-25 Lynx at the half. If you had two Olympians on your side, it would look different.?!?

Last edited:
Watching the Phoenix Mercury & Minnesota Lynx.
I cannot in good consiousness select Brittany G. & Diana T to the Olympic team. Their form is horrible and neither is deserving. The eye test does not lie.
Reminds me of how the USWNT tried to hang on to too many of the old players in the last World Cup. Spare me the “Taurasi is a legend so she gets to play anytime she wants” argument people make. It’s the Olympics, not some exhibition send-off match.

American citizens held by dictatorships on trumped up charges are usually a pretty big deal to the US State Department. We’ve gotten five back from Iran in the last calendar year alone. And while it isn’t a dictatorship, there was that dumbass we freed that was stupid enough to carry ammo in his luggage that we just saved.
Well, she confessed to the charges, so I’m not sure how trumped up they were.

Reminds me of how the USWNT tried to hang on to too many of the old players in the last World Cup. Spare me the “Taurasi is a legend so she gets to play anytime she wants” argument people make. It’s the Olympics, not some exhibition send-off match.
I’m not sure why we’re not suiting up Sheryl Swoopes and Maya Moore, since they’re legends too.

The tape continues to roll and the selection process continues to look more and more pathetic.

The WNBA "Old Heads" arguments is becoming untenable.

well.. if Taurasi is still getting lots of All Star Votes.. its hard to argue she doesn't belong

🤣 🤣🤣....that's all I got 🤷‍♀️

Edit...It's actually mind-boggling there are people that can actually believe this
Oh...you're one of those who thinks the lockdown four years ago is better than NOT being locked down. What a silly thing to think.

My investments are up more than 4 years ago too. Not to mention we don't have a rapist conman in charge like 4 years ago.

Today's game:

Fever (7-10) at Chicago (5-9)
Tip:
3:00 pm CT
TV: eSECpn

Indiana is a 1.5 point favorite
O/U is 168.5

The Fever, at the moment, have the 8th best record in the W; the Sky are just 1/2 game behind. The top 8 teams make the season ending playoffs.

The world is better off than it was 4 years ago? I don't know what credibility you had ... but I would suggest waiving bye bye to it.
Remember when the last President broke up a pandemic team and then scoffed at thousands dying of COVID, then said it would probably go away like an Easter miracle, then our economy tanked, over 1 million Americans died? Oh, and also he instituted massive tax breaks for the wealthy and ballooned our national debt at a pace not seen before or since? Or how he kept telling us he had the best people but his administration was a revolving door of corruption that ran so rampant that he had over 20 convicted of felonies in his administration (before himself)? Or how as divider-in-Chief he inflamed tensions across this country ultimately ending in his electoral defeat, but he was such a narcissistic loser he led a violent coup of morons?

But now America’s GOP Congressmen are obsessed with Bud Light cans, NCAA rules, and infighting over their speaker. Ts and Ps on your brain injury.

Remember when the last President broke up a pandemic team and then scoffed at thousands dying of COVID, then said it would probably go away like an Easter miracle, then our economy tanked, over 1 million Americans died? Oh, and also he instituted massive tax breaks for the wealthy and ballooned our national debt at a pace not seen before or since? Or how he kept telling us he had the best people but his administration was a revolving door of corruption that ran so rampant that he had over 20 convicted of felonies in his administration (before himself)? Or how as divider-in-Chief he inflamed tensions across this country ultimately ending in his electoral defeat, but he was such a narcissistic loser he led a violent coup of morons?

But now America’s GOP Congressmen are obsessed with Bud Light cans, NCAA rules, and infighting over their speaker. Ts and Ps on your brain injury.
Take the political crap to the off topic board.

Clark generally has 2 types of turnovers. Those where she is trying to make something happen (which are the ones where the recipients often deserve half the blame). And those where she is lazy in protecting her dribbling or lazy on the passes out of the double teams. She does need to work on reducing the 2nd type (I am confident that she will)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT