ADVERTISEMENT

37,36,35,34,33,32,31,30,29,28,27,26,25,24,23,22,21,20,19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,09,08,07,06,05,04,03,02, 01, 00 DAYS UNTIL KICK OFF!! BOOOOM!!!

Sett1997

HR Legend
Nov 27, 2004
Too soon for the thread? I'm more excited for this year than I have been for the last several years!
Whole new offense!
LG!
Do your numbers countdown thingy guys, always enjoy the creativity of the board! 🙃😍

Last edited:
Too soon for the thread? I'm more excited for this year than I have been for the last several years!
Whole new offense!
LFG!
Do your numbers countdown thingy guys, always enjoy the creativity of the board! 🙃😍
Wait.....

New QB? ✔️
New receivers? ✔️
Whole new offense? HUH????

• Haha
Reactions: HogPorkingHawkeye
What is this NEW offense you speak of?
Flying Wedge?
Houston Veer?
EWaterloo Wishbone?
Wing-T?

What is this NEW offense you speak of?
Flying Wedge?
Houston Veer?
EWaterloo Wishbone?
Wing-T?
The new offense is having a competent qb (hopefully) in addition to the new incoming class plus transfers?
The qb switch alone doesn't get you excited?
You think having Cade won't open up the possibilities?
What are you guys, Russian Debbie Downer bots? 🤣

The new offense is having a competent qb (hopefully) in addition to the new incoming class plus transfers?
The qb switch alone doesn't get you excited?
You think having Cade won't open up the possibilities?
What are you guys, Russian Debbie Downer bots? 🤣
No way! We are huge Brian fans and he specifically told us there would be NO changes to the offense. Get with the program mister!!

Yeah pretty much. Lol
Let's see what happens. I think the whole new "parts" along with the returning players will be incredible!
I think the new parts will make this look like a whole new offense.
I actually am excited to see the offense with a P5 level QB and receivers. The offense of the last few years has made Iowa football difficult to watch at times. If the oline can hold up their end it could be a great season.

Looking forward to packing up the car and headed to Iowa City that Friday before the opener. Definitely a different feel to this year with the solid work in the portal. If this works out well (Which I think it will) this could lead to more additions of this type going forward.....probably defensive side more so next year.

I actually am excited to see the offense with a P5 level QB and receivers. The offense of the last few years has made Iowa football difficult to watch at times. If the oline can hold up their end it could be a great season.
I just thought about the irony of my post, ackowledging the Iowa skill players while expressing concern over the ability of the oline to take full advantage of them 🤞🤞. We've officially entered the Twilight Zone of Iowa football.

Reactions: PNWHawk
Whole new offense!
LFG!
BF would disagree - he said nothing is changing. Same offense, same OC, different players. Odd how these portal guys come in and don't have to "bide their time learning this complex offense".

Reactions: Sett1997
Looking forward to packing up the car and headed to Iowa City that Friday before the opener. Definitely a different feel to this year with the solid work in the portal. If this works out well (Which I think it will) this could lead to more additions of this type going forward.....probably defensive side more so next year.
I am hoping for at least 45 points in the opener, so it sets off the crazies.

Hope its not a 95 degree microwave oven kind of game.

Everything on the offensive side of the ball hinges on the play of the OL. If that unit is improved the rest of the offense will benefit. If they aren't well, I do not want to even think about it.

what major changes are saying are needed?

a improved OL means a improved running game which means more at least less 2-10, 2-11 vs more 2-6, 2-5, those type of startiing position. will allow the offense to dictake what plays they can run, vs letting the defense pinning their ears back and stacking the Line of Scrimmage,

no major changes are needed to the offense is needed. this is where having to high quality TE's will further open the offense up.

in away I think incoming FR WR 6'5 Howard will see plenty of playing time this fall, like they say you can't teach height.

Possible WOB alert above! I'm not pointing it out. It's one of the most funny ever. 🤣🤣
It has to be a typo.

• Haha
Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Possible WOB alert above! I'm not pointing it out. It's one of the most funny ever. 🤣🤣
It has to be a typo.
Would have been more awesome if he had a "bring the dick heat" in his rant.

Anyway, just need to clean some things up and Iowa FB will be fine.

a more mobile Cade, does not mean a Martinez 2.0. just someone capable of getting positive yards with his feet. be a couple feet or a couple yards,

getting rushing yards from the QB position is something IA has not had since Beathard and Rudock.

its just improving the old offense by adding a more mobile QB to the mix. even Labas provides that mobility that has been missing, in the Kentucky game these were the top 3 rushers
Patterson 4 carries 23 yards
Johnson 9 carries 17 yards
Labas 4 carries 11 yards
team 24 carries 67 yards

Labas from what I can find was sacked 0 times for 0 yards, on 24 pass attempts and 11 carries. not bad on 48 possession he was not sacked. now that's impressive from the QB position. as the QB handled the ball on all the plays.

If "AirCade" resembles the Air Raid, that would be acceptable in all factions of this forum.
Is it okay to lose then as long as offense looks good? I used to think winning was always the ultimate goal and by any means necessary, but now we have to play NBA style football offense to be thoroughly entertained.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1 and F5n5
Is it okay to lose then as long as offense looks good? I used to think winning was always the ultimate goal and by any means necessary, but now we have to play NBA style football offense to be thoroughly entertained.
that's the idea from these posters as they go gaga over racking up over 600 ypg and scoring over 60 ppg, winning or losing means nothing to them as the stats are the only things that mean anything to them.

Reactions: F5n5
OK, not ALL factions, just the progressive ones.

that's the idea from these posters as they go gaga over racking up over 600 ypg and scoring over 60 ppg, winning or losing means nothing to them as the stats are the only things that mean anything to them.
The goal of a modernized offensive scheme is to win the games our pitiful offense gives away.

Reactions: peacehawk
they sure are expecting PSU to make a major jump from being #47, in pass defense to #1 pass defense. wow that must be some awful good shit that they are smoking.

Plodding along, getting closer, not a popular thread. Lol
It's getting buried so far that I have to dig to find it. 😆
Looking at some top 25 polls, we are no where to be found despite being ranked the number one D in the country.
Texas top 10 in most polls. I guess eventually they might get it right. Lol
I think we have the perfect storm setting up for one of Kirk's shocker seasons. If this O can perform at even an average range the Hawks can be scary good!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT