ADVERTISEMENT

4 Star TE Gunnar Helm Visiting Iowa

Someone on here said he didn't like Iowa's crowded TE locker room.
Is that a 4* that's afraid of competition?

I heard that way back in his recruitment but I think his confidence has grown along with his recruitment which is why going to LSU is an option for him.

I heard that way back in his recruitment but I think his confidence has grown along with his recruitment which is why going to LSU is an option for him.

LSU got the number one TE in the country in last year’s recruiting class so he must not be afraid of competition if seriously considering LSU.

It is still 99% that Fidone will be a Husker. Slight chance he could change when he takes his officials (which Iowa isn't on the list) but pretty unlikely.

It is still 99% that Fidone will be a Husker. Slight chance he could change when he takes his officials (which Iowa isn't on the list) but pretty unlikely.
He needs to meet actual Nebraska fans, and not just the ones UN-L puts out on display to make it look like they have real great fans. That should help him opt out of signing with Scott Frost.

I nearly forgot we have Luke Lachey, and Yelverton and Miamen coming is this year.

If you have a few extra minutes this weekend go look at each one's offer list and it will literally make you want football to get here sooner.

Just TEU being TEU.

Last edited:
He needs to meet actual Nebraska fans, and not just the ones UN-L puts out on display to make it look like they have real great fans. That should help him opt out of signing with Scott Frost.
I can't speak for his Dad's side of the family, but I understand Mom and her side are pretty rabid Husker fans and that is the environment that he grew up in (Tekamah, NE) before he came to live with Dad 3-4 years ago. His uncle and my buddy work together at FDR and unc says it is definitely Huskers.

I can't speak for his Dad's side of the family, but I understand Mom and her side are pretty rabid Husker fans and that is the environment that he grew up in (Tekamah, NE) before he came to live with Dad 3-4 years ago. His uncle and my buddy work together at FDR and unc says it is definitely Huskers.
Well, we could always use more spies. We just sent one to Wisconsin.......

I'm guessing the Iowa coaches have gotten that sense too.

I honestly don't blame Fidone if he goes to Nebraska. I'm sure the pressure is tremendous. If Nebraska football weren't so mediocre right now, he probably would have committed a long time ago.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Nebraska got that TE Hickman kid out of Omaha to commit there. They couldn't put the weight on him so they moved him out to WR. They mostly use their TEs for blocking on quick swing passes that gain -2 yards. Nebraska is the Anti-TE University. Good luck going there and a realistic chance you may not go to a bowl game.

Nebraska is the Anti-TE University. Good luck going there and a realistic chance you may not go to a bowl game.
True.

If he's THAT good of a football player he'll probably find his way to the NFL but, by going to Nebraska, he may very well sacrifice having a good / great college experience i.e. no upper-tier bowls or maybe even bowls, period. Not that Iowa is likely to make the top-tier bowl games either but hey, at least we're very good at punching tickets to those Outback, Holiday, & lovely Pinstripe bowls..

If he is that big of a Husker fan through and through, you can't blame him for wanting to wear that (terrible red) uniform.

True.

If he's THAT good of a football player he'll probably find his way to the NFL but, by going to Nebraska, he may very well sacrifice having a good / great college experience i.e. no upper-tier bowls or maybe even bowls, period. Not that Iowa is likely to make the top-tier bowl games either but hey, at least we're very good at punching tickets to those Outback, Holiday, & lovely Pinstripe bowls..

If he is that big of a Husker fan through and through, you can't blame him for wanting to wear that (terrible red) uniform.
Being a TE out of Nebraska will cost him a chance for a early round NFL pick as well as the high bonus draft money. But if he is that sold on Nebraska, good luck to him.

True.

It sure sucked beating two top 25 teams the last two years in those bowls.

I'm guessing the Iowa coaches have gotten that sense too.

I honestly don't blame Fidone if he goes to Nebraska. I'm sure the pressure is tremendous. If Nebraska football weren't so mediocre right now, he probably would have committed a long time ago.
Whew, you’re a kind individual.

Saying Nebby fball is mediocre is equivalent to saying the US debt is pretty much even steven.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
True.

God damn, you are one miserable fvck.

Reactions: LGEND24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT