ADVERTISEMENT

4 threads about tubing at the Lake of the Ozarks, meanwhile in Chicago...

Would carrying a gun legally be the same as a mask. Protecting other people? Looking out for your neighbor.

Would carrying a gun legally be the same as a mask. Protecting other people? Looking out for your neighbor.

I can't tell if you were trying to use humor, were being stupid on purpose or stupid on accident, but carrying a gun is far more risky than carrying a mask.

I hope that answers your question.

OP is full of shit.

How And Why Chicago Violence Became Conservatives' Favorite Talking Point

Time and again, when the Chicago violence motif reemerges on the right, it functions less as motivated outreach, and more as conjurer’s trick. It’s a studied misdirection, designed to keep the eye off the other hand, be it gun control, Black Lives Matter, racial justice, policing tactics, or something not directly related, like Chicago's Olympic bid. And even though it emerged during Obama’s administration, the tactic appears potent enough to endure beyond it. Chicago’s gun-violence epidemic is horrifically real, but as recent history shows, far too much of the conservative outrage around it is an illusion.

https://chicagoist.com/2016/08/29/how_and_why_chicago_violence_became.php

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
OP is full of shit.

Time and again, when the Chicago violence motif reemerges on the right, it functions less as motivated outreach, and more as conjurer’s trick. It’s a studied misdirection, designed to keep the eye off the other hand, be it gun control, Black Lives Matter, racial justice, policing tactics, or something not directly related, like Chicago's Olympic bid. And even though it emerged during Obama’s administration, the tactic appears potent enough to endure beyond it. Chicago’s gun-violence epidemic is horrifically real, but as recent history shows, far too much of the conservative outrage around it is an illusion.

Seems like a legit source. No bias at all.

Reactions: royhobbs2
OP is full of shit.

The very fact the media and left have renamed this gun violence vs gang violence reveals everything smart people should need to know on this topic. What goes on in these neighborhoods has very little to do with guns or legal ownership.

They were in gangs, they would have died soon anyway.

You should go counsel them, Not-Kenneth. Show them the errors of their ways. Better yet, assure them the people.you work for will pay them in perpetuity. Oh wait, that has been happening for decades, hasn't it?

Who said they aren’t allowed?

Maybe I misinterpreted the intent of the sentence below. It gave me the feeling that you were being critical of the post because it contained a 'gotcha' moment. My bad if that wasn't the intent.

"You don’t want to have any sort of serious discussion about gun violence, you are aiming for some “gotcha” moment."

Reactions: LunchBox50
Maybe I misinterpreted the intent of the sentence below. It gave me the feeling that you were being critical of the post because it contained a 'gotcha' moment. My bad if that wasn't the intent.

"You don’t want to have any sort of serious discussion about gun violence, you are aiming for some “gotcha” moment."

I never said it wasn’t allowed; people can post anything at any time. I said don’t expect people to engage in a productive discussion about a topic when it’s clear that one of the parties involved isn’t looking to have a serious discussion and just wants to play the gotcha/whatabout game, which is a waste of time.

I never said it wasn’t allowed; people can post anything at any time. I said don’t expect people to engage in a productive discussion about a topic when it’s clear that one of the parties involved isn’t looking to have a serious discussion and just wants to play the gotcha/whatabout game, which is a waste of time.

Ahhh, makes sense. Much appreciated.

That idiot Chicago mayor had a lot of tough talk about locking people up for not following her lockdown rules. But actual people out committing actual crime she is nowhere to be found.

No kidding... a lot of people die from gun violence.. You would think they would do something about guns.
Well, people weren't dying from gun violence as much during the harder lockdowns..............................maaaaaybe they should go back to that?

I think we're up to four shootings in my neighborhood over the last two weeks. If people thought the pandemic wasn't an added stressor to the already-unstable circumstances of gang-riddled poor communities rife with mostly-untreated psychological trauma issues, they thought wrong.

The cool thing about my neighborhood, and those in Chicago, is there are people doing crazy amazing things in there trying to manage and stem the crises. Those never make the news, not the mainstream popular bullshit, anyway. Gosh, if they did, maybe they would be more supported. Or maybe people would have a more holistic understanding of the what and why in these communities. Or maybe, simply, people would be less likely to see the people in these communities as less than, as mere objects of scorn and ridicule.

Generational poverty is a systemic failure. Wherever there is poverty, especially generational poverty, there is mental illness, there is violence, there is addiction.

Anyways, this shit is complicated and incredibly sad. As I've told a few times before, I have lost two players to this shit, one shot dead, another in for another 40 years for homicide. Both of them extremely talented, bright, charming, and incredibly human.

More people would likely engage in this thread if you hadn’t posted these links in bad faith. You don’t want to have any sort of serious discussion about gun violence, you are aiming for some “gotcha” moment.
This is Jamesvanderputz we are talking about here. 100% chance this was posted to make a point about how violent and subhuman Black people are. Yet he is dead silent when a white mass shooter goes off. He is HROT’s resident StormFront poster.
Likely the wrong race died and did the killing so the media doesn’t care

And your thread likely won’t last more than 15 posts given it is the wrong narrative for most here
American conservatives, always playing the race card.
That idiot Chicago mayor had a lot of tough talk about locking people up for not following her lockdown rules. But actual people out committing actual crime she is nowhere to be found.
Yeah, I’m sure she’s not working on crime. You realize she was an accomplished prosecutor and won the support of prominent Conservatives in Chicago too, right? Of course you didn’t, because you are consistently embarrassing yourself with how uninformed and ignorant you are.

This is Jamesvanderputz we are talking about here. 100% chance this was posted to make a point about how violent and subhuman Black people are. Yet he is dead silent when a white mass shooter goes off. He is HROT’s resident StormFront poster.

American conservatives, always playing the race card.

Yeah, I’m sure she’s not working on crime. You realize she was an accomplished prosecutor and won the support of prominent Conservatives in Chicago too, right? Of course you didn’t, because you are consistently embarrassing yourself with how uninformed and ignorant you are.
I don’t give a rats ass what prominent conservative supports her. She needs judged on her actions and leadership, so far it sucks.

We're contrasting the Michigan " Magats " covid shutdown protests where, despite some people peacefully upholding their 2nd amendment rights, many on here were ready for the cops to gun them down. Joe was in this camp. Once again proving it's absolutely not a " gun " problem but a people who are holding the gun problem...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT