ADVERTISEMENT

Pew Pew Pew, (Romeo in Joliet version)

MichaelKeller99

HR All-State
Mar 7, 2023
So is it the guns this time...or not? It's so hard to tell what with all the different standards libs use for determining their level of outrage. If the perp had been a straight, white, conservative male this story would be at 8+ pages by now, lol.

(CNN) - The man suspected of killing eight people in Chicago-area shootings has died after turning a gun on himself following a confrontation with federal law enforcement, police said. Romeo Nance, 23, was found Monday by US Marshals near Natalia, Texas – more than 1,000 miles from where seven victims were found shot to death Sunday in two homes in the south Chicago suburb of Joliet, according to the Joliet Police Department. Authorities believe Nance is also linked to a Will County, Illinois, shooting that left a 28-year-old dead, Joliet Police Chief Bill Evans said Monday.Nance shot himself with a handgun after being confronted by officials, police said.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
Why is your assertion that libs are fine with this individual having a gun?

@HawkeyeShawn, this guy coming in hot with more of his totally down the middle takes.

Last edited:
Reactions: BelemNole
As a flaming lib, my response to gun violence will always be the same

If the gun he used wasn’t legally owned by him, hold the last legal gun owner to some sort of accountability for not securing the gun and letting somebody who wasn’t supposed to have a gun access it.

If he was the legal owner, than the 2A did its job and we should celebrate.

Anybody committing a crime with a gun should face a MINIMUM of 20years behind bars. No early release. Serve the full 20. You get released and commit another crime with a gun, then youre behind bars for life

Well, if this guy didn't have access to a gun 9 people wouldn't be dead today so....

But that said, I don't know if this guy would have set off the "Don't let this person have weapons designed for killing people" alarms. If there were doctors or other people saying things that he was crazy then we need to focus on getting obviously crazy people from having guns. But, given the second amendment, there will never be a way to prevent the person who leads a normal life while acting responsibly and then one day just snaps and does something terrible. Fortunately, those occasions are very rare in reality and usually there are plenty of warning signs when people are in the process of losing it. I don't know what happened here but I'm sure that is information that will come out eventually.

As a flaming lib, my response to gun violence will always be the same

If the gun he used wasn’t legally owned by him, hold the last legal gun owner to some sort of accountability for not securing the gun and letting somebody who wasn’t supposed to have a gun access it.

If he was the legal owner, than the 2A did its job and we should celebrate.

Anybody committing a crime with a gun should face a MINIMUM of 20years behind bars. No early release. Serve the full 20. You get released and commit another crime with a gun, then youre behind bars for life
Well, if this guy didn't have access to a gun 9 people wouldn't be dead today so....

But that said, I don't know if this guy would have set off the "Don't let this person have weapons designed for killing people" alarms. If there were doctors or other people saying things that he was crazy then we need to focus on getting obviously crazy people from having guns. But, given the second amendment, there will never be a way to prevent the person who leads a normal life while acting responsibly and then one day just snaps and does something terrible. Fortunately, those occasions are very rare in reality and usually there are plenty of warning signs when people are in the process of losing it. I don't know what happened here but I'm sure that is information that will come out eventually.
You just knew there'd be more...

Local news channel ABC 7 reported that Nance had a lengthy criminal record and had been arrested a year ago for a string of felony gun charges. It was unclear if he was currently out on bond for those charges, according to the report.

Local news channel ABC 7 reported that Nance had a lengthy criminal record and had been arrested a year ago for a string of felony gun charges. It was unclear if he was currently out on bond for those charges, according to the report.

A bad guy had a gun illegally?

shocked-joey.gif

Ok

And?

He should have been behind bars if he was already arrested for gun crimes.
The last legal owner of the gun should hold some accountability for allowing his gun to get in this guys hands

Youre under some illusion, Mr. I hate republicans and democrats equally down the middle guy, that libs are happy this person was able to roam the streets with a gun.

Youre trying to make a point that isn’t there.

Last edited:
Ok

And?

He should have been behind bars if he was already arrested for gun crimes.
The last legal owner of the gun should hold some accountability for allowing his gun to get in this guys hands

Youre under some illusion, Mr. I hate republicans and democrats equally down the middle guy, that libs are happy this person was able to roam the streets with a gun.

Youre trying to make a point that isn’t there.
No. I was just making the point that for some reason you don't want to talk about certain gun crimes while for other gun crimes you can't seem to shut up about it.

It's not the guns.

• Haha
Reactions: runkpanole
No. I was just making the point that for some reason you don't want to talk about certain gun crimes while for other gun crimes you can't seem to shut up about it.

It's not the guns.
What gun crimes dont i want to talk about? Ive engaged with your dumb ass in this thread, Mr. Down the Middle guy

Ive made my position on gun crimes very clear in numerous threads, including this one.

• Haha
Reactions: MichaelKeller99
Why is your assertion that libs are fine with this individual having a gun?

@HawkeyeShawn, this guy coming in hot with more of his totally down the middle takes.
I’m not sure why you care about how this person views themselves politically. Why does it matter?

Why I commented on it originally is, that it’s annoying when the left on this board labels everyone MAGA, Trumper, Far Right when they have a political position or two that are a Republican position. It’s all or nothing for some of you. Being in the middle is exactly where I’m happy to be. I don’t hate or despise anyone from either party.

I’m not sure why you care about how this person views themselves politically. Why does it matter?

Why I commented on it originally is, that it’s annoying when the left on this board labels everyone MAGA, Trumper, Far Right when they have a political position or two that are a Republican position. It’s all or nothing for some of you. Being in the middle is exactly where I’m happy to be. I don’t hate or despise anyone from either party.
Since you bothered to reply to my post yesterday to the OP in another thread, he was the one that proclaimed he was “the middle”. I didnt put a label on him, just called him on his bullshit.

Also, i wouldnt necessarily call someone who frays from one or two republican positions “the middle”. His post history doesn’t support what he labels himself as

Exactly. If you're not - at the very least - a hesitant Biden supporter then you must be, de facto, a rabid Trump supporter and raging MAGAt.

I didn't go to the caucuses last week and it's doubtful I'll vote in the fall. Trump v. Biden??? GTFO with that garbage. Both candidates and both parties are useless beyond definition.

Exactly. If you're not - at the very least - a hesitant Biden supporter then you must be, de facto, a rabid Trump supporter and raging MAGAt.

I didn't go to the caucuses last week and it's doubtful I'll vote in the fall. Trump v. Biden??? GTFO with that garbage. Both candidates and both parties are useless beyond definition.
Forget Biden/Trump, i see your post history consistently bitching about the libs, Mr. down the middle guy. Your one post about Trump and Roger Stone doesnt put you in the middle when your post history is taking up republican positions and bitching about the libs

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
Forget Biden/Trump, i see your post history consistently bitching about the libs, Mr. down the middle guy. Your one post about Trump and Roger Stone doesnt put you in the middle when your post history is taking up republican positions and bitching about the libs
Have you always been so stalker-ish and such a control freak, auntie_karen? You're starting to make Joesplace seem normal (Ha ha, not really. But still)

So, yeah. Some guy who definitely earned the right to have his guns rights removed was able to get a gun and murder 8 people. If he was unable to have access to a gun 8 innocents would be alive right now. But, since all he has to do is drive 20 minutes east to Indiana they'll sell a gun to anybody.

Reactions: auntie_fah
Getting back to the original topic, you said this guy should have been in prison for his previous gun charges. Why do you suppose he wasn’t? Who is the DA in Chicago, or de facto person who makes those decisions to prosecute accordingly?

Getting back to the original topic, you said this guy should have been in prison for his previous gun charges. Why do you suppose he wasn’t? Who is the DA in Chicago, or de facto person who makes those decisions to prosecute accordingly?
Honestly i dont care who the DA was in chicago. I dont care where a gun crime is committed.

If we dont want to make any moves on the precious 2A in this country, lets put anybody convicted of any crime involving a gun, wherever it is committed in prison for a mandatory minumum of at least 20 years.

If your gun ends up in the hands of someone who shouldnt have it, you should also be held accountable in some fashion for not securing your gun

Honestly i dont care who the DA was in chicago. I dont care where a gun crime is committed.

If we dont want to make any moves on the precious 2A in this country, lets put anybody convicted of any crime involving a gun, wherever it is committed in prison for a mandatory minumum of at least 20 years.

If your gun ends up in the hands of someone who shouldnt have it, you should also be held accountable in some fashion for not securing your gun
I agree with you except not caring who the DA is. Far too many are too light on crime.

Now, which side has those DAs?
Lets skip the back and forth and how about you just tell me since you seem to be hung up on this DA thing when my point is that there should be a zero tolerance policy with harsh minimum sentences (regardless of “side”).

Back up your answer with citations that shows the data for each “side”,

I don't remember the names of the individuals or gangs involved, but...

When I lived in Joliet, 2 of the gangs had a brouhaha and a higher up in one of them was killed. After it happened, the Joliet PD basically begged the family to not have a public service and not publicize the service. The family ignored them and had it anyway...at a funeral home in the other gangs area.

To the shock of no one, there was a drive by shooting at the funeral. 1 or 2 funeral goers were killed, along with 1 or 2 of the drive by shooters.

Lets skip the back and forth and how about you just tell me since you seem to be hung up on this DA thing when my point is that there should be a zero tolerance policy with harsh minimum sentences (regardless of “side”).

Back up your answer with citations that shows the data for each “side”,
You already know my answer. You’re a smart guy.

Oh and none of these shootings were near where we lived, We lived on Glenwood, a couple blocks East of Raynor in the Cathedral area.

So, yeah. Some guy who definitely earned the right to have his guns rights removed was able to get a gun and murder 8 people. If he was unable to have access to a gun 8 innocents would be alive right now. But, since all he has to do is drive 20 minutes east to Indiana they'll sell a gun to anybody.
False. Neither he nor anyone from Illinois can buy a handgun legally in Indiana. The blame lies with the criminal himself, along with the prosecutors and judges that continually allow people like this to commit gun violence without significant repercussions. That's why 8 people are dead.

False. Neither he nor anyone from Illinois can buy a handgun legally in Indiana. The blame lies with the criminal himself, along with the prosecutors and judges that continually allow people like this to commit gun violence without significant repercussions. That's why 8 people are dead.
(via Chicago Tribune) - in addition to 10 traffic violations, his other offenses included criminal damage to government property, obstruction and battery of a police officer. Last January he was charged with felony discharge of a weapon after he shot a woman multiple times during a road rage incident.

Yeah. NOT the gun's fault. Should probably put J.B. Pritzker's fat ass in jail for six months as an accomplice to mass murder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT