ADVERTISEMENT

5 PAC 12 Observations

MadTown Hawk

Team MVP
Nov 24, 2014
I happened to be in Phoenix this weekend so I went to the PAC 12 tourney. Here are 5 random thoughts:

1). Mike Evans looks like he has been living in a cave for 6 months. Seriously. He looks like Charles Manson with long unkept hair and a long stringy beard. I didn't recognize him at first.

2). Beavers won their 5th title in a row. Good for Jim. ASU was close and they have some studs redshirted. Those two teams will be very competitive next year.

3). The Beavers' sophomore heavyweight is really good. He was doing ankle picks and other moves you don't normally see from a big boy. He may be a national champ before he graduates.

4). McKenna is solid but doesn't look like a national champ. That weight is so weak, though, that he just might do it.

5). Refs did not call stalling and the video reviews were disorganized. Really made the finals boring and anticlimactic. I hope the refs are better at the NCAAs.

I happened to be in Phoenix this weekend so I went to the PAC 12 tourney. Here are 5 random thoughts:

1). Mike Evans looks like he has been living in a cave for 6 months. Seriously. He looks like Charles Manson with long unkept hair and a long stringy beard. I didn't recognize him at first.

2). Beavers won their 5th title in a row. Good for Jim. ASU was close and they have some studs redshirted. Those two teams will be very competitive next year.

3). The Beavers' sophomore heavyweight is really good. He was doing ankle picks and other moves you don't normally see from a big boy. He may be a national champ before he graduates.

4). McKenna is solid but doesn't look like a national champ. That weight is so weak, though, that he just might do it.

5). Refs did not call stalling and the video reviews were disorganized. Really made the finals boring and anticlimactic. I hope the refs are better at the NCAAs.

3) The Oregon State heavy is very athletic. Very impressive for a guy his size.

4) McKenna has about as good as shot at winning a NC as anyone else at 141. Like you say, it's a relatively weak weight class and is pretty much wide open. McKenna isn't flashy, but he could get it done.

5) The lack of stalling calls in the PAC-12 finals was egregious. Lead to several very dull bouts.

And like that dude in the picture in above your name. Sheesh, you creep me out a bit, FM!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT