ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12

The big 12 is officiated very differently than the big 10 it feels like. I watched five minutes of the Iowa State game and felt like Iowa would’ve been called for 15 fouls, had they been playing defense like that.
I think there is a real risk to this for the B12. Fran Fraschilla mentioned this specially during a broadcast last week- he said the B12 has been allowed to play much too physical the last two years and there’s no guarantee that style will be allowed in March.

I think there is a real risk to this for the B12. Fran Fraschilla mentioned this specially during a broadcast last week- he said the B12 has been allowed to play much too physical the last two years and there’s no guarantee that style will be allowed in March.

I think it's a real risk in the first weekend. 2nd weekend and beyond typically they swallow the whistle. But you never know what kind of crew you'll get.

If you don't think it gets very physical in march, you haven't been watching.

If you don't think it gets very physical in march, you haven't been watching.
I'm saying tournament officials who haven't worked games with teams like Houston and ISU may not allow what is currently allowed in B12 games. Maybe they will - maybe they won't.

I'm saying tournament officials who haven't worked games with teams like Houston and ISU may not allow what is currently allowed in B12 games. Maybe they will - maybe they won't.

IMO they always lean physical. They don't want to have a game with 80 FT's that lasts 2.5 hours because that pushes the whole schedule back. They have a tendency to allow more contact. Now you might get a crew that wants to clean things up. But for example, last nights UCF/BYU game BYU shot 46 FT's and there were 72 total in the game. The game took forever. They don't want games getting done at midnight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT